It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 260
<< 257  258  259    261  262  263 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Damn...I am reading SO many different numbers in so many different articles I simply am exhausted before 9am!!! (I have a houseful of company as well,need to start cocktail-hour earlier...)

Don't need more bailout money...banks are scrommed...lies and more lies...credit card debt in the trillions.
I feel like it's all gone crazy yet no one is noticing or caring except a few?

Seriously: that lil' Dutch boy whose had his finger in that damn for a few weeks now MUST also be exhausted and ready to quit?
Something has to give...
As always,my personal thanks to those who keep these flames of info aline!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

No it won't it will be borderline, but after the Geithner comes out to the inquiry today depending what he has to say we may be heading nothing but down.

Remember Roubini: 'Suckers Rally' to Fade Amid Economy Woes

Well-known economist Nouriel Roubini, one of the few experts to foresee the current global crisis, said Tuesday a recent "suckers rally" in stock markets would fade as the U.S. economy continues to wither and the financial system suffers unexpected shocks.

www.cnbc.com...

[edit on 21-4-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

That will be our luck, but Geithner already is looking for the rest of the TARP to go to AIG, BofA (has to cover for PROFITS) and Chrysler and GM.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
wow, did geithner deliver a smackdown this morning? i think so, no one talks **** about CITI hahahahaha

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Anyone watching Tiny Tim?

Notice how he's dancing around all the questions and just talking to hear his self?

Nothing at all about anything really...

Says transparency, but, is providing none...just like every other time him or Ben has talked...

Complete waste of time...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Well it seems that the markets like Generous Geithner he is so reassuring about making sure that the "right" people "always" will have tax payer money to keep afloat.

I guess the Markets love that "reassurance".

Already 6 months since the bail out bill and still they are talking about how "transparency will be transparent".

Amazing, Geithner has to talk "first" with his bosses in the "federal reserve" before he can say how "transparent" the "transparency will be".

Nothing but dirty rats sucking the tax payer dry.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Lo and behold, did anybody noticed the bloated face of confidence that Geithner was showing on this conference?

No doubt ladies and gentlemen, he is in "Charge" and he is the "Man".

I guess been in close cohorts with the Fed and Bernanke has given the poster boy confidence and standing.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hows it going everyone?

First on topic:

DOW - 45.48
NAS - 20.20
S&P - 6.27

All are up..

Second I have come to a new theory. If we let the banks fail, and stop printing money will have deflation, instead currently we are track for stagflation. So if we let the banks fail all that credit card debt will vanish, sure some will be bought up by debt collectors, but seeing how it is unsecured debt there is no legal recourse for recouping that money.

The trillions of dollars in CC debt would simply vanish, it would be gone just as fast as it was created. So what would happen is deflation, bunch of businesses would close up and go the way of the dinosaur, but the rich people would have even more money and in turn would invest in new businesses to take the place of the ones that closed up.

So in short, living becomes cheaper, and the economy comes but even stronger in 2 years. People keep their homes, etc. Really the only downside I see is that people that are living beyond their means get to keep all that stuff they bought and life would be hard for about 2 years, but after all is said and done life would be exceptional. Of course we have to nationalize the FED that way they can't do this to us again, but that is an entirely different problem.

What do you guys think?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

LAYOFF DAILY
Mon 4-20-2009

Brown-Forman -250
Bosch in South Carolina -225
Indiana Historical Society -7
Legg Mason -40
DSM Chemicals -80
MassMutual -65
GM -1,600
San Fran Newspaper Drivers -90
iLevel -66
Tele Atlas -140
Dassault Falcon -25
Hinkley Yachts -26
Georgia-Pacific -39
99 Cents Only Stores -308
Screen Actors Guild -35
Park Nicollet Health -233

UPDATE - from yesterday -
TOTAL - 3,229

Tue 4-21-2009
Also this from today - from editor of LAYOFF DAILY
Editor is burned-out and taking a break.
Stay tuned.

and - on a lighter note....
Strip Club Has Topless Job Fair
www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 21-4-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander
The Dow dumped some 290 points to observe Adolf Hitler's 120th birthday,
but the interrupted rally will resume tomorrow fueled by the good news from spinkyboo.

marg, I wouldn't be kidding you.
money.cnn.com...

The Dow moves along according to what spinkyboo posts.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
...to the degree it matches stander's predictions.

Incidentally there's an interesting news thread that makes my post yesterday seem a little less tin hat:

Bank bailout may hurt taxpayers, be open to fraud

[edit on 21/4/09 by pause4thought]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
How the Tarp money was never to help the tax payer but was the loophold that big financial institutions needed to create fraud against the tax payer.

All with the blessing of our own politicians that voted for it.

Americans are increasingly exposed to losses, and the government is more vulnerable to fraud, under initiatives that have created a federal bank bailout program of "unprecedented scope," a government report finds.

www.cnbc.com...

Well at least we here knew the truth intentions of this against the tax payer discriminated and unconstitutional bill that was pushed upon the hard working tax payer backs by our our pay off politicians.

I posted the same iformation yesterday on this thread.

reply to post by stander

Your are just kidding right?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well, as long as Geithner says banks have adequate capital: DOW up 127.83
yet everything else has gone or is going down the toilet

[edit on 21-4-2009 by all2human]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

To tell you the honest truth, it maybe a rumour. I didn't see the secret memo from Warren Buffet to the investors that subscribe to him. It allegedly mentions spinkyboo's list to go by.

Look, the Dow lost 290 points yesterday. Then, spinkyboo cuts his list short and the sell off doesn't continue. That's strange, ain't it?

Tell you what. I'll take a look at the latest spinkyboo's list and let you know ahead what the market will do tomorrow. If the market finishes elsewhere, then the Warren Buffet memo was just a rumour with no substance to it.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Interesting conspiracy in the making here, I never added that together, please by any means found out what is all about and if is true.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander

To tell you the honest truth, it maybe a rumour. I didn't see the secret memo from Warren Buffet to the investors that subscribe to him. It allegedly mentions spinkyboo's list to go by.

Look, the Dow lost 290 points yesterday. Then, spinkyboo cuts his list short and the sell off doesn't continue. That's strange, ain't it?

Tell you what. I'll take a look at the latest spinkyboo's list and let you know ahead what the market will do tomorrow. If the market finishes elsewhere, then the Warren Buffet memo was just a rumour with no substance to it.

Ah - yea - he's kidding -
My lists are nothing but what is listed on LAYOFF DAILY -
which I am not listing at all today - because the editor is damn tired -
and wants to take a break -

Message 1 - LayoffDaily.com Editor is Burned-Out -1
Layoff Daily Owner is laying himself off.
Site has a new owner details coming soon.
signing out,
Cranky
[email protected]

Message 2 - Layoff Daily Canceling RSS-iPhone Feed
Editor is stopping iphone feed within the next few days.
Why? Site is too much work for too little money.

No list - I guess that means the market will rally big tomorrow?

To be continued -
Sorry no conspiracy here...
Well - at least as far as I know....

Ah and I will continue to be searching for recent layoff information -
anywhere I can find it.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Interesting page -

www.streetinsider.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Well great...

No Layoff Daily means I'm the only one left?

I think the Gubament shut it down...was making them look bad...

I almost took a day off...once...

WRAPUP 3-US regional banks hit hard by recession, bad loans
www.reuters.com...

UPDATE 2-ECB's Weber - No signs of economic green shoots
www.reuters.com...

LONDON, April 22 (Reuters) - Europe's economy declined more than expected in the first three months of the year and there are no clear signs of recovery yet, ECB Governing Council member and head of the German Bundesbank Axel Weber said.

In an interview with the Financial Times newspaper on Wednesday, he said he expected downward pressure on the economy to slow, helped by two "pretty good" months for the banking industry in January and February.

On European interest rates, he added to the stream of hints from ECB policymakers that the ECB will cut rates to 1 percent from 1.25 percent next month and that they should then go no lower.
More at Link...

[edit on 4/21/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
No Lay-off Daily?

How on Earth are the information junkies going to get through this Depression NOW???

Seriously, though, that site must be a lot of work; and presumably, it's not his/her's full time job. Hope that editor didn't have a serious breakdown...those suck.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by theWCH
No Lay-off Daily?

How on Earth are the information junkies going to get through this Depression NOW???

Seriously, though, that site must be a lot of work; and presumably, it's not his/her's full time job. Hope that editor didn't have a serious breakdown...those suck.

I hope there is no breakdown either. They do suck.
I tried writing to the editor - who posts them - but my email was returned.
I would be happy to help. But I can't if I can't find the source.

top topics

<< 257  258  259    261  262  263 >>

join