It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Bernanke also said that he's "confident" he can keep inflation at bay. Even though we can't see M3 and M1 looks like a hockey stick. We have a soon to reset market in Eastern Europe that is threatening us. This whole idea that Bernanke is right now, after being wrong so much is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by stander

Bernanke also said that he's "confident" he can keep inflation at bay. Even though we can't see M3 and M1 looks like a hockey stick. We have a soon to reset market in Eastern Europe that is threatening us. This whole idea that Bernanke is right now, after being wrong so much is ridiculous.

Where did you get the idea that M3 and M1 look like a hockey stick? The only vague resemblance to a hockey stick is M16.
en.wikipedia.org...

Eastern Europe uses completely different money aggregates.
en.wikipedia.org...
so they can only threaten themselves.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

This is a hockey stick effect in the monetary base. The same pattern is seen in M1. I don't use wikipedia I use the Federal Reserve.

research.stlouisfed.org...

[edit on 25-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Half hour to open. Future's are up...But I don't think the rally will last.
Jobless claims up 667,000. Dollar will drop slightly on these numbers. CDOs will take a hit, banks will hurt because of this. Let the next wave of defaults begin.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

Watch this VIDEO!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
deleted duplicate post

[edit on 26-2-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Great warning video! What are we in for next?

Dow finished 7182, down 89!
Any ideas of when it will dip uner 7000?

Also, projectvxn, found your advice on the Silver Eagle rolls very helpful!
Thanks!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Well, treasuries have been down for the second day in a row because of fears of a US credit rating reduction, which could lead to a US government default should there be a run on treasuries, which will force a run on the dollar.

This isn't a certainty, but it does have a good chance. If it were to happen at all it would be later this year or the beginning of next. I can't be 100% but everything I've been talking about has been happening lately. And it's seriously starting to bother me. It isn't that I'm some sort of economist, and I don't presume to be. But it is a very basic subject when you figure out the patterns. Because of this I'm convinced we're headed for a major crash. There's just too much data pointing to it. While the pattern is negative, it just isn't what I want it to be. I wish things could get fixed even in 5 years. But the numbers aren't there. Nothing about this makes sense at a mathematical level.

The number's we're talking is debt in the hundreds of trillions. Right now, raising interest rates would also destroy the economy with immediate inflation. If the Feds keep spending to fill a demand gap that they'll always be stuck to they will ruin themselves in about the same amount of time. And that's at the current rates. All of this is increasing. And no body really seems to know what to do about it.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Maybe the demise of the Fed?
No IRS?
Nah...never happen...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I used to think so too. And there's still that sense of semi-permanence of the institutions of the government we've grown to love and hate. But that permanence seems to be slowly slipping away.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
China Is Said to Sell $29 Billion of Debt for Provinces to Fund Stimulus
www.bloomberg.com...

This can't be good either...now...are they selling their debt or ours?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
So Ben Bernanke fixed the banks and removed the reason for the Dow sliding deeper into the low numbers with kind of troublesome velocity.

The current market standing pretty much reflects upon the economy situation. There is no economic indicator strong enough to induce higher velocity sell-off, as the future of the banking industry was. Seeing the Dow losing more than 2% several times within a week would be unusual, unless some wickedly configured news upsets the balance.

There is no firm word that the market has already bottomed out this year. The analysts have been proven wrong so many times that they keep very low profile in predicting things ahead -- no more embarrassment, please.

[edit on 2/26/2009 by stander]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

reply to post by burntheships

Well, treasuries have been down for the second day in a row because of fears of a US credit rating reduction, which could lead to a US government default should there be a run on treasuries, which will force a run on the dollar.

I saw that too! Holding my breath. How long can you hold your breath?Treasury bonds fall

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Half hour to open. Future's are up...But I don't think the rally will last.
Jobless claims up 667,000. Dollar will drop slightly on these numbers. CDOs will take a hit, banks will hurt because of this. Let the next wave of defaults begin.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by projectvxn]

I said a few pages back that we should see another bad day when unemployment is revealed to be worse then 600k.

667k .. such a large number.. it is litterally SIX .. 6 .. times the population of my home town.
.. I would be surprised to see a rally tomorrow.

My official projection for tomorrow:

6,999 or lower for the DOW.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
$318 Billion Tax Hit Proposed

Households paying income taxes at the 33% and 35% rates can currently claim deductions at those rates. Under the Obama proposal, they could deduct only 28% of the value of those payments.

The changes would be phased in gradually over the next few years. For the 2009 tax year, the 33% tax bracket starts with couples with taxable earnings of $208,850, when adjusted for personal exemptions and various deductible expenses. A taxpayer in the top bracket paying $1,000 of mortgage interest, for example, would see a tax break worth $350 reduced to $280.

More depth on the Mortgage deduction changes here

and

Boomers: 30% Underwater

I'm sure these will have an impact on trading tomorrow, since they were released after close today.

NYSE relaxes it's $1 Rule

More impact

UBS Ordered to pay for Losses in Madoff Fund

Fannie Mae Asks for more $$ after $58.7 Billion in Losses reported

But heh, the way things have been going lately - bad news brings on the Rallies

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

if we survive this crisis, in 10 to 20 years we have have another financial epidemic. When the boomers retire with nothing, and relied so heavily on stock based investments, coupled with inflation.. we will be left footing yet another crisis handed to us by our fathers.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
FTSE 100 INDEX 3,850.84 -64.80 -1.65% 06:07
DAX INDEX 3,875.35 -67.27 -1.71% 06:07
CAC 40 INDEX 2,713.13 -31.71 -1.16% 06:07
SWISS MARKET INDEX 4,658.73 -112.05 -2.35% 06:07
MILAN MIB30 INDEX 16,516.00 -245.00 -1.46% 06:02
OMX COPENHAGEN 20 INDEX 241.92 -7.30 -2.93% 06:22

@ 6:30 am est DJIA 7173.08 7173.0 -0.08

We'll see who drags whom down later huh?

[edit on 2/27/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
U.S. may break up AIG to keep it afloat: report

NEW YORK (Reuters) - American International Group and U.S. authorities are in advanced discussions over a radical restructuring that would split the insurer into at least three government-controlled divisions in an attempt to keep it afloat, the Financial Times reported on its website, citing people close to the situation.

The insurer's board is due to meet on Sunday and the company is on track to announce the overhaul as early as Monday, said the report, citing people close to the situation.

The restructuring, described by one insider as a "controlled break-up," could lead to the end of AIG's 90-year history as a stand-alone global insurance conglomerate.

Now we're enforcing out Anti-trust laws? Now? After spending billions on keeping these idiots afloat? What a joke our system has become.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I agree...they're just grasping at straws now.
So what...now they can pump cash into 3 companys instead of 1?

@ 7:04 am est DJIA 7173.08 7151.0 -22.08

[edit on 2/27/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
GM reports massive quarterly loss
news.bbc.co.uk...

US factory orders decline again
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So much for Barry and Ben's rosy predictions.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Citi, US Reach Deal to Convert Government Stake
www.cnbc.com...

FDIC: Problem Banks Up 50% in Fourth Quarter
www.cnbc.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join