It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 242
<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Well you posted a 3 month chart. while it does show that we broke 100DMAs, if you look at a 5 day you can see that

#1 We had a very abnormal movement between Wed & Thurs, when the rumors of GS profit began to fly

#2 We closed on a downward kiss of the bottom trendline

If you look at the 1 day with Stochs added, you see that we are just coming off over bought (80 on stochs) but are no where near the Bull signal (20).

This tells me we have lower to go yet.

But you can be bullish if you like

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

WOW...Hmmm...

I don't think yer there, but, traverse my Signatures...

People don't know...

It's not all about the "Market"...

Check out the "Red Pill" & "13th"....

Read..and get back to me...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

or you could also say your reading into it and the chart doesnt lie

2 sides to the coin, yes

lets see who is right.. a showdown lol... jk... but i dont agree, thats ok if you dont agree though i like the other side of the coin

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Well considering your enthusiasm for Citi, I may be silly to ask this, but...

Why in the world would you put all your $$ into BUYX at $5 when it opened at IPO at $13 (in 2000) and did nothing but plummet from there on out?

I see you haven't learned from your mistakes LOL

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

i just scanned the first link..

how much bias do you think is put into that.. or do you think that is all 100% straight no bias straight forward no disinfo type material?

i am talking "real matrix"

also do you think gold standard could even be instituted as of right now? Along with abruptly ending the fed? I really like ron paul etc.. but i almost come to agree with my dad that we couldnt pull that off realisticly, with too many complications resulting

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

i thought u would catch that...

like i said i was young and the IPO's / INTERNET BUBBLE thing or whatever the hell it was lol was HOT..

well not buyx ... obviously hahaha

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Is that borderline sick, or maybe more stupid?

Stupid... shows you have no concept of wealth. You can 'gamble' your money with great risk and see great returns, but without a strong reserved side to your trading your more then likely to loose everything.

Personally, I don't think you trade at all .. well actually about 2 weeks ago you said so your self.. so if your looking at charts and get a little excited, I would say you simply have not done anything.. and when you do, find it's a lot less exciting, a thousand times more stressful. And, if I remember correctly you where studying to take Series 6-7 or which ever other test, please.. be better at advising clients then you are yourself.

OH OK EDIT : YEAH MY DAD BOUGHT AND SOLD FOR ME.. why is this a big deal?

It's not, I knew plenty of people who's parents did that, in fact, I wish my parents would have done something like that. I think people are more .. intrigued.. by your .. way of explanation.

Just... something not right with you
And you're making the oldies look down on the yunguns like myself with all your nonsense talk.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Rockpuck, I have NEVER looked down on you, you carry yourself like an educated person who has respect for both himself and others.

Even if we don't always agree, you have shown that you can respect a difference of opinion, and that says much about your character.

But you are right, there is something "not right" about GBM, and we all see it.

self promotion through BS and self flattery are not characteristics that an "adult" finds appealing or commendable.

Do the youth of America see those characteristics differently these days?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I tell you what something wicked this way comes. There has been a flurry of reports from all over the world about this country or that country trading or selling arms to one another!
At this late hour Russia is yet again selling the bad boy missles to yet another country and Isreal of all people really is selling those USA drones to Russia!
We are supposed to have a speach from the prez about the economy which his press 'secret'ary has already said will just outline what everyone already know's. So who is going to start talking about all these major arming issues taking place in plain sight and being freely reported EVERYWHERE BUT IN THE USA!

The next obvious line of questioning would be why in the hell are all of these countries arming them selves to the teeth all of the sudden? Now there has been arms deals in the past this is a given. BUT it has not been on this scale nor have countries broken treaties and sent forbidden arms to said country of choice. These guys are getting ready for one hell of a war they have choosen their side's and so far we haven't made our's known. There isn't anything anyone in the usa msm can do to hide it anymore because they are ALL out in the open about it. It is like they are letting it be reported unpurpose to be honest.

Even though the GS banksters reported a profit the markets are still in the red. The Euro region is saying that they are going to open in the greeen over the GS reports. Will have to wait and see what comes up this week. Maybe there is some REALLY bad news down the line that the governments are getting ready for?
Gawd knows we won't be told about it till it is in full swing and can't be kept from the Congresses lil gaggle of children they oversee.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
heh about that GS "profit" This guy lays it out so well

First reaction to Goldman Sachs earnings: Wow! Goldman had -- surprise -- a really good quarter. Wait a minute -- did I say really good? I mean really, REALLY good. The company blew the doors off the dump. It smacked a towering home run over the long fence in center field. The AP crowed:

The New York-based bank said it earned $3.39 per share, easily surpassing analysts' forecasts for profit of $1.64 per share.

Hell, when a ballplayer crushes the pitch like this, you might assume he’s on steroids or something. Hmm. Hold that thought. Let’s number-dive the Goldman earnings.

Total net revenue (all reference to revenue after this will be to “net”, fyi) was $9.4 billion. Profit was $1.66 billion. Good so far. Now let’s look at a few segments to see what drove this crazy-good news.

Investment banking? Well, no, that was only $823 million in revenue, down 30 percent from a year ago (and even 20 percent lower than the horrible last quarter of 2008, when the company as a whole lost $2.29 billion).

Okay, okay, it’s something else. Let’s try principal investments! That’s where Goldman should really shine: lots of smart guys putting its money at risk, making big scores in the market ... er, well, hold on, that lost $1.41 billion in the first quarter. Geez, that ain’t it.

Asset management? Okay, it’s not really sexy, but who knows? Oops, dead end. That category fell 29 percent to $1.45 billion in revenue. What’s more, it even dropped 17 percent from the disastrous fourth quarter of 2008. So that isn’t the answer, not at all.

Stumped? Okay, no more teasing. It’s the FICC division. Its contribution was huge: $6.56 billion in revenue for the quarter! FICC rocks! You go guys!

Uh, what’s FICC anyway? Well, it’s Fixed Income Currency and Commodities. So that group must have just made a whopping bunch of super-smart bets on the bond market or currencies right? But hold on a second: that's AFTER it made a huge amount of stupid bets in the fourth quarter of 2008 (when FICC lost $3.4 billion)? Let’s try to imagine this ... uh, it’s really hard ... uh, I’m not seeing it.

Here’s an alternative scenario: When taxpayers shoveled tens of billions of dollars into AIG, the giant failing insurer turned around and shoveled it right out the back door to certain large counterparties for its derivative trades (credit default swaps). Goldman Sachs received $12.9 billion. That money winds up in what category? My preliminary research leads me to conclude almost certainly FICC.

Irony alert: If you have high sensitivity/allergy to irony, please stop reading now.

read the rest here

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Could it be that "all the other countries" are arming themselves to the teeth because they expect to compete with each other to divy up what will be left of the US between them?

If I have read this thread correctly, the general conclusion seems to be that the US economy is mostly doomed, and therefore the US, as anything but a high-functioning "client-state" seems to be a forgone conclusion.

The Fed, by running the printing presses at near hypersonic speeds, could be said to be printing up the "Fire Sale" ads, as we speak.

I'm looking to buy a house later this year, just so that I can have enough land to plant a "Survival Garden".

My car is 15 years old and needs some expensive work. I'm thinking of putting it all on a credit card, before they stop letting us use credit cards anymore.

Curious thing though; today I received an offer in the mail from USBank (one of my credit card accounts) to use my card before May 31, 2009 and recieve a special 3.99% APR For the Life of the Balance!

Hardly the kind of offer you'd expect from a lender in these times, is it?

Strange times indeed.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I noticed that the first time he started to post, but as usual is all about personal opinions and choices and ATS is open to all.
Every body is welcome to shared on what they think they know best.

And we all have our own views of things or that is what most of us including me believe.

Good morning everybody, ugly day for me yesterday in my neck of the woods.

Get ready because for now on only sugar coating numbers for now on is going to be in full gear coming from our government, wait for the PPI And Retail to come out today, we are gona be peachy.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

And the truth will set you free, nothing but ore sugar coating coming from this dirty institutions, but that is all they can offer right now.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

yeah, those numbers didnt add up lol

well we did revise higher for previous month...

im still going with a push higher when the "messiah" talks later on lol

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
im so tired of these Roubini, Whitney, Mayo comments etc... they are preying on their side of the short..

Dude, you get that Roubini is one of the most respected economists in the world, right? Anybody who listened too his warnings back in 2007 would have saved a lot of money.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

Roubini is the same guy that said fully nationalizing BAC and C would be best... back in FEB i believe..

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Retail is scroomed:

www.bloomberg.com...

As I noted over the past weekend,the stores here are empty of shoppers and goods,both high and low end and I shop in an rather "affluent" area.

The Big O will simply continue to spew and lie as I see it,sorry.They're more into his freakin' pooch than the issues.

Over 20,000 expected in front of the Alamo's "Tea Party" tomorrow.
Glen Beck will be speaking...might be too crowded for me,I hate crowds,I think I'll attend a smaller one in a town closer to me.

Not that I hang on his every word but I do believe Roubini is genius as do many much smarter then I.

FYI:

End of Recessions and Unemployment Claims
by CalculatedRisk on 4/13/2009 08:54:00 PM
A number of forecasters have mentioned Unemployment Claims as an important indicator of the end of a recession. Professor Hamilton mentioned this last week: Initial unemployment claims and the end of recessions. Historically this is a useful indicator.

Back on March 28th, the WSJ quoted Robert J. Gordon, an economist at Northwestern University and a member of the National Bureau of Economic Research committee:

[Gordon] points to one indicator in particular with a remarkable track record: the number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits. In past recessions, it has hit its peak about four weeks before the economy hit a trough and began to grow again. As of right now, the four-week average of new claims hit its peak of 650,000 in the week ended March 14. Based on the model, "if there's no further rise, we're looking at a trough coming in April or May," he said, which is far earlier than most forecasts currently anticipate.
Since then, the four-week average has risen further (now at 657,250). So much for a trough in April ...

Typically the four-week average peaks near the end of a recession.

Also important - in the last two recessions, initial unemployment claims peaked just before the end of the recession, but then stayed elevated for a long period following the recession - a "jobless recovery". There is a good chance this recovery will be very sluggish too, and we will see claims elevated for some time (although below the peak).

We need to see a significant decline in the four-week average before we start talking about the peak. In a note today, Goldman Sachs economist Seamus Smyth estimated a significant decline as:
Roughly speaking, a 20,000 decline in the 4-week moving average corresponds to a 50% probability that the peak has already been reached, and a 40,000 improvement to a 90% probability.
So we need to see the four-week average decline by 20,000 to 40,000 or more. Don't hold your breathe ...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
A lot of economists think that bank nationalization is going to happen before this is over. You have to understand: economists don't care about stock portfolio's, they care about being right; and depending on how much you value the toxic crap at, nationalization might be the least-bad way to handle the mess.

Dow 8,025.95 -31.86 (-0.40%)
S&P 500 856.45 -2.28 (-0.27%)
Nasdaq 1,650.15 -3.16 (-0.19%)
10y bond 2.83% +0.01 (0.35%)

Market Ticker: "It" Happened

This is interesting: Surge in Delinquent Taxpayers

[edit on 14-4-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Same here in my neck of the woods, most people that have nothing else to lose will spend their income tax return like is not tomorrow, but those that are still hanging to what they have left will take that money and pay as many bills they can.

It was a poll on TV yesterday and no one person said that they were going to shop, shop and shop with their tax return, but pay bills.

My husband and I are going to own as usual as we don't pay enough during the year but we are used to that by now.

Nothing new.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
LOVE the new avatar Hx3

It is an "options" week and I am still watching the bond markets closely as they make me skittish.

Just from one of the no doubt "oldies" here ie,I have worked hard and lived a solid life for a while,it's not what you MAKE,it's what you SAVE.
Period,end of story.Do you honestly think you'll be able to "buy on credit" in the coming years? Nor should anyone who cares about their finances.

I'd suggest any "young person"learn a tangible trade/skill...something that people will "need" no matter what. There are @ 45 people for every job offering out there and if I was still hiring for my biz,I'd be looking for someone who COULD survive should I need to let them go! Those days of starting out at 90K will full benefits and paid vacations are not gonna' be there for a looooooong time,if ever again.
You're going to have to be willing to work long hours to make money and probably will have to get dirty doing it.

And,even if the "markets" don't close or implode,I don't see people trusting "financial managers" again period.They're going to go on gut-feelings and experience,just as everything should be considered.

Bright Future? I think every day is a great one to start with but honestly,I see more and more "depressed" people,those who are suffering ailments due to stress and lives that aren't what they "expected",and more people medicated and self-medicated trying to escape the rigors of day to day "life" as we know it.

Too big to post but GOOD Charts here:

The Upcoming Black Swans of Black Swans (Incredible Shrinking Market Liquidity):

zerohedge.blogspot.com...

Be sure to read the paragraphs focusing on Goldman Sucks.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by irishchic]

new topics

top topics

<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join