It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 241
<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

You are correct!!!

I missed the "rest of the story"...

They "wanted to" but got shot down....

Stars for all who got it "Right"...sorry...

Still...keep a eye out for this...

Sorry...

..And...as a consultation prize...

A 2 Day, 5 Nite recluse in the Country of You're Choice...

All expensive's covered by BB Inc!!!

[edit on 4/14/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
okay so back to it all goes back to GS here's another lovely perspective of the day's news

Goldman Sucks, renegade company of the century, reported earnings after the close that were LESS than the amount of money they received via AIG (tax payer money). Let me state that another way… had Paulson not arranged to shoot taxpayer money to AIG that he knew would be funneled to GS, then GS would have lost money in the first quarter, and that’s with marking assets to fantasy.

And I’m going to say this again… you can pump every last cent in the world into the banks but that will not improve economic conditions a single iota, not one. Quite the opposite. Too little liquidity has never been an issue! Too much liquidity is the real issue, it has enabled more debt than there is income to service. That’s the problem. Far too much optimism as is usual during a bear market rally based upon intervention, lies, and manipulation.

Source

and

Berk showed up today and I knew without reading his comment that something was going on with Mr. VIX. For the noobs: Berk used to be a contributor on this blog and his technical skills are awesome - one of his most popular charts were on the VIX, and today is a great occasion to yet again post Berk’s rules on VIX buy/sell signals:

For a $VIX confirmed signal you need 3 things:

1. a close outside of the 2.0 Bollinger Band (20 day, SMA (check - happened on Friday)
2. a close back inside the 2.0 Bollinger Band - this issues the signal (check - happened today)
3. a higher close (sell) or lower close (buy) than the close of the day back inside the 2.0 Bollinger Band - this confirms the signal (we await for that to happen tomorrow, which is a possibility if we push into green)

Once you get those 3 things a major reversal usually occurs within the next week. The sell signals are far more accurate than the buy signals.

The last point should be kept in mind but since we are extremely overbought and since this developing sell signal coincides with an overdue 4th wave correction we could have a winner here.

Source

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

first time... guess i could let that slide...

although, i feel if you just posted a nice picture of uncle ben as your avatar, our relationship would flower

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

i was reading that GS pulled a fast one and reported early so hedge funds couldnt position themselves b/c they knew earnings would be "organically weak" does this make any sense?

to me this doesnt make any sense since everyone has information at the same instance why do you think it would make any difference on when they would announce?

I think it would actually b worse b/c people could load up on put options etc b4 market opens/sell off in pre-market/after hours ......

GS had some CRAZY ASS MOVEMENT when bartiromo was announcing that after the close.. 2-3 dollar spikes every 30 seconds it seemed

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

This is OpEx week, all options expire this week a quad witching

Would do no one any good to buy a front month option now and try to sell it again during session before OpEx, you'd get stuck covering one way or the other.

And no, not everyone "has" the same info at the same time. Some people, who work in hedge funds, brokerage office, etc. only get the official earnings report and say - oh wow 1.8 Billion profit.

So they run with that.

You would be amazed (although I doubt it) at how many people who work for brokerages and hedge funds actually have no real clue of everything BEFORE they sit at a terminal playing with OPM.

Many are nothing more than entry level kids, straight out of college and just follow the orders of the company, never bothering - for YEARS - to learn anything more than how to be an automaton for someone else.

But hey, they pay is good, so why rock the boat - I guess that's the mentality.

What you speak of:

I think it would actually b worse b/c people could load up on put options etc b4 market opens/sell off in pre-market/after hours ......
happens all the time - that's why we have gap ups and gap downs at opens or after hours.

The MAJORITY of this movement is from block trades by hedge funds.

See when you become smart enough to actually pay attention to what moves the market, to look hard & remember things to see beyond the deceptions, keep up with the news, etc

Then you open your OWN brokerage, or if you've managed to actually save enough, you start your own Hedge fund.

Then you hire the greasy behind the ears young pukes who will be nothing but big paycheck making automatons with no idea how they are screwing over real people, to man the terminals for you and you give the instructions.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

are you for real about college kids doing that etc..

id do that LOL - if i could live in NY and live it up.. although i doubt the pay is that great for being a corp. shill?? Maybe it is...

What are these type of positions called, or are you just talking in jest?

EDIT : It would be nice to "CONTROL" a part of the market... must feel quite powerful somewhat

[edit on 14-4-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I figured you would...

They are called employees, pick your company

And I kid you not at all.

But Karma is a Beeyotch, and comes back to get ya - just ask the folks working for those companies right now

And the banks that are getting death threats.

But if you actually think, after the interactions we've had here, that I would recommend a company or help you gain knowledge to be one to screw hard working people out of their money because you don't think you have to put forth real energy to actually learn something on your own

You are dead wrong.

I wouldn't want someone like you anywhere near where my or my family's money could be

[edit on 4/14/09 by redhatty]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

hahaha.....

that reminds me of my WORST TRADE EVER

was like 14 years old EDIT : def was 16-17.. just made huge money of Sonic Foundry... bought at like 15.. not even going to say what i sold it at..

then made a lot in TTWO.. love it..

Then tick.. tick..tickk...

got greedy..

put it all into BUY.COM AT $5 LOL.. thought it was coming back..

well lost all my money needless to say.. that hurt...

I still wonder how many other people did the same thing as me? prob me and the bagholders investment club.. Coulda sworn that thing was gonna jump HAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I do have a legit question for anyone tht wants to answer though..

You think its sick to like the action so much? I mean, I do have ADHD, and I do take stims for it (med's) so I can stare at a screen all day and not blink... but im really talking about liking it, and like the idea of losing big and winning big?

Is that borderline sick, or maybe more stupid?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I'd say....

Get a "Real" job...

Get a good smart Woman....

Stay far away from trader markets...

Have a couple of kids...

Buy Gun's, Tents, Wood Stoves. ect...

For Real...not in that order...LOL

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

You know, when you spout carp like that, you completely remove all legitimacy from yourself.

In the first place, you have to be 18 to buy or sell stocks. Although you can have a parent open an account for you at 16 - they are also legally responsible for covering your losses.

There are laws in place, and if your Daddy is a commodities trader, and carries any license at all, I seriously doubt he would risk the PERMANENT loss of his license to "bend" the rules for you.

And if he didn't have reservations about bending the rules, then I fear even more, because that means he is probably one of the people out there perpetrating the frauds and abuses upon this country.

You really need to grow up, and you REALLY need to be aware that anything you post on the internet NEVER goes away, and can be used as evidence with a subpoena being presented.

You just incriminated someone if what you said was the truth

Or made yourself look like an asshat if it wasn't

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

I'd say....
Get a "Real" job...

Get a good smart Woman....

Stay far away for trader markets...

Have a couple of kids...

But Gun's, Tents. Wood Stoves. ect...

For Real...not in that order...LOL

Tried the woman.. she is in med school... southern religious girl... well I know you dont know me, but im far from religious, and she is borderline psycho with it (like making puzzles of jesus and hanging them on her wall)

btw.. if you guys do that, its cool, im over it.. but she really freaked me out..

no kids for now.. still need to travel the rest of spain .. palma majorca (sp?) is where you need to visit sometime if you havent

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

dude, ive had a job detassling corn since 13 years old in south dakota..

and you think i could pull sonic foundry, buy.com and TTWO out of my Bhole?..

read my previous posts.. ive been watching louis r. since i can remember sitting on my dads lap (he was a good guy)

i dont know how i could prove anything else i guess.. except you have seen my charts i have posted which i have always used

OH OK EDIT : YEAH MY DAD BOUGHT AND SOLD FOR ME.. why is this a big deal?** EDIT : he was not in the financial services industry at this time ** i had no brokerage account in my name.. check my previous posts as when to i daytraded for one year

EDIT AGAIN : Chill redhatty we are cool - just maybe b/c you didnt start in the market till a certain time doesnt mean anyone else has.. infact I would say many kids get their start same way i did.. i was just lucky i caught the last little buit of the internet bubble.. and consequestnly lost it all there too

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
dow

Heres something to look at guys..

Let me know what you think of this chart of the Dow - just a quick chart i made up real quick..

do you like these last two days of candle movement?

This is pretty much why I am bullish on Dow (on a crude chart).. agree/disagree?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Great, you made a chart, now let's hear your interpretation of that chart.

Anyone can use interactive buttons - it's knowing what it all means that matters

So show us you know what you just shared & how YOU interpret it

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

#1 good sign
closed above 100 day ma - first time in a while (cant remember off top of my head )

#2 good sign
today broke beneath 100 day and closed above.

#3 macd
i see its at -400 on bottom, ill take 60% of that to 220+

agree/disagree?

btw bro, dont be so fast to hate and everything, i know you mean well (kinda) haha - but for *realz* what do you think?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Hey!!! I got a Chart...

My Chart

Whooo...

It's all good...

Just been there before...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

dont worry hx

we have uncle ben

i have a poster of him hanging in my room so he looks over me as i sleep to keep me safe from a lower DJIA

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join