It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Ok...I was so wrapped up in that hearing I done plumb forgot about the Auction today...

and once again they hang on...this should keep 'em happy till tomorrow...

Wall St sure has a short memory...weren't they worried about something yesterday?

[edit on 2/24/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Alright, class. Before we start looking at the underlying forces, let me mention two great performers of the past and the present. Back in 1920's, it was Kellar who was just amazing.

Presently, Bernanke is considered the rising star of unrestricted levitation -- a process also known as the testimony.

[edit on 2/24/2009 by stander]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Worried about bank nationalization supposedly. Even though most financials where up on the prospects yesterday.

Today is a reactionary grab the deals day.

Bernake did say he won't be nationalizing (completely).

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
See what happens when I try my hand at prognosticating LOL

Market WAY up, T's sold, another grand sticksave by the Fed.

Never again... Until the next time LOL

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Today is a suckers rally stay out if you don't want to lose your arse.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
IT'S FIXED!

Wheeeew! Here I thought we were headed for DOW 6600 or lower! Well, now that the bank stocks are jumping through the roof, I can go ahead and relax!

It's cool too, because at the office we have so many empty desks that I can lay right out on them for a little nap!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
There is a rumor running - no cited source - that Obama is going to make a cabinet change - and the rumor is pointing toward Volker taking over for Taxcheat Timmy.

It's on the Ticker Forum AND OTHERS

That could also be pumping this rally

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

WOW maybe that's why Timmy has not been seen much lately...interesting...get the man who fixed it last time to go down with the ship?

Media...
...guess it depends on which side of the aisle you sit...

Economy May Snap Back In 2010, Fed Chief Says
www.foxnews.com...

Bernanke: Economy In "Severe Contraction"
www.cbsnews.com...

Something amusing to look at...

Transcript of Conversation between Geithner and Volker 2/9
brucekrasting.blogspot.com...
(I like the part about parking funds at the Fed...which he side stepped today & recovery from this recession will take more than two or three years)

Volker believes Summers elbowing him out of Obama role
www.chron.com...

[edit on 2/24/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

AP – Federal Reserve Board Chairman Ben Bernanke testifies on Capitol Hill in Washington, Tuesday, Feb. 24, … NEW YORK – Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke have given Wall Street a double dose of reassurance. Bernanke told Congress Monday that the recession might end this year, and that regulators aren't planning to nationalize banks. The news alleviated some of investors' deepening worries about the economy and the banking system, and the Dow Jones industrial average, coming off its lowest levels since 1997, jumped about 250 points, or 3.5 percent. Other major stock indexes rose about 4 percent.

news.yahoo.com...

Bernanke's deep analysis suspiciously coincides with the Dow visiting the Museum of Financial History. If Bernanke is right, it's the right time to buy the supressed stock, and today market cheering should echo tomorrow. But would it?

It all depends on "fool me once, fool me twice."

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
wow... everything coming up roses...

the Treas sold 30Bn in 2 yr notes @ .34% interest (hey i'm going from memory)

Bernanke, put Rick Santelli in his place with the 'Firestorm, on a street of wooden houses' analogy... (i rekon i got dissed myself)

and the market rebounded from yesterdays -250. point decline
with a +235. rally because of the still opaque language of Bernanke @ the hearings today.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ yeah right.....

Bernankes 'Stress Tests' on his 19 major banks that 'drive the economy' with their valuations of over $100bn each....

these 'Stress Tests' will look into the make-up of all these 'Toxic Assets' still owned by the banks.
Its my view, that this little statement is exactly what made the market roar back with a 235 point gain.

but here's the dark reality------#1: Bernanke' has 19 banks to carry out the Fed plan (eerie how there were also 19 hijackers on the 911 plan !)

#2: Bernanke as bought Time, with the little explained notice that the Fed/Treas would inspect those formerly hidden 'Toxic Assets', in the course of determining these banks 'Stress Tests' status.

[**] concerning #2, this revealing of just what's in the full spectrum of the previously hidden 'Toxic Assets' is, or will be found to be, Untrue!
The 'Stress Tests' will bundle much of these 'toxic assets' into categories of assets based on 2008 valuations....and nothing else...

Know why?... because the Fed/Treas will employ the old Clintonesque
'Don't Ask- Don't Tell' policy for evident purposes, that the IG (inspector general) or a federal prosecutor would be interested in.

It will or should take several months for the public and investors wise up to the reality of leaderships continued obfuscation. and deliberate misinformation on 'opening' the toxic assets to see what their make up is.
Their (Bernanke') ploy is to use the 'GAAP' method as the standard accounting for the 'Stress Test', so Tier 3 assets will still be dark/unknown/covert And hidden from the Fed/Treas Sunshine

Sunshine and accountability...that will not be availed

thanks,

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
just some more non essential additions to the thread (aka 'Bump')

ain't it just peachy-keen that the 236
point DOW,
happens just hours before the main Act...the Obama address tonight!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Worried about bank nationalization supposedly. Even though most financials where up on the prospects yesterday.

Today is a reactionary grab the deals day.

Bernake did say he won't be nationalizing (completely).

Yeah, and Iraq has WMDs. I am suprised that Bernanke spoke before the big speach tonight. I wonder if they'll jive. The housing stimulus talk tonight might affect the market tomorrow. Wait, did I say might?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander
news.yahoo.com...

Bernanke's deep analysis suspiciously coincides with the Dow visiting the Museum of Financial History. If Bernanke is right, it's the right time to buy the supressed stock, and today market cheering should echo tomorrow. But would it?

It all depends on "fool me once, fool me twice."

I'm going ALL IN! We hit the low a long time ago and this low is an artificial low because the politicians have been confident that "the fundamentals of the economy are strong"! In fact, the economy is so strong and the highs we are poised to reach are so high, that I think I am gonna go find me some hookers and blow for tonight. It IS Tuesday afterall!

Party on Wall St. Who is to join me?! Wow, I am so glad these guys saved us from the big storm! They DESERVE to be quadrillionaires!

Who cares if the USA is only 6% of the world population yet consumes 25% of global production? USA USA USA!!!

DOW 36,000 here we come!

sigh. I give up. Sorry for all the sarcasm, but this is getting crazy.
I am tired of watching these losers make **** up just so they can try to manipulate the sheeple more. Sure, some people are waking up but I just hope they do it FAST because we are going down hard sooner than later. Of course if you subscribe to Elliott Wave theory, we are most likely to hit 6600 followed by a jump up to 9000 - 10000 before plummeting under 3000 (or as some speculate, sub-1000 before coming back to equilibrium around 3000).

Ladies and Gentlemen, please keep your arms and hands inside the car at all times, and enjoy your stay at PTB funpark! Next we get to see all the jokers get out of the clown car. Fun!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Class, if you buy stock today, you may be happy in November, or ever hate the day you call your broker. To prevent nasty suprises, the market strategy developers have invented eleven reliable indicators that we preview right now.
www.cnbc.com...

In the next units, you shall learn the method that fuses all indicators in one Indicator General to go by.
Class dismissed.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander
Class, if you buy stock today, you may be happy in November, or ever hate the day you call your broker. To prevent nasty suprises, the market strategy developers have invented eleven reliable indicators that we preview right now.
www.cnbc.com...

In the next units, you shall learn the method that fuses all indicators in one Indicator General to go by.
Class dismissed.

Thank goodness. Are you telling me that someone finally figured out this whole economy thing. AWESOME!!! So we can read the instructions and be back to 14,000 soon? Can someone forward this info to Bernanke and Obama. This is great news.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Japan Exports Plummet 45.7%, Deficit Widens to Record (Update1)

Feb. 25 (Bloomberg) -- Japan’s exports plunged 45.7 percent in January, resulting in a record trade deficit, as recessions in the U.S. and Europe smothered demand for the country’s cars and electronics.

The shortfall widened to 952.6 billion yen ($9.9 billion), the most since comparable records started in 1980, the Finance Ministry said today in Tokyo. The January drop in exports eclipsed a record 35 percent decline set the previous month.

Gross domestic product shrank at an annual 12.7 percent pace last quarter, the most since the 1974 oil shock, and economists predict the slump will drag into this quarter. Toyota Motor Corp., Sony Corp. and Hitachi Ltd. -- all of which forecast losses -- are firing thousands of workers, heightening the risk the recession will deepen.

I can't believe that after a 12% crunch in GDP they are still calling it a recession. 10% is officially a depression if I'm not mistaken. I realize that they don't wanna say anything to destabilize the market, but any half-assed trader knows at LEAST that much.

I wonder, after we reach that threshold, if we'll admit it that it's even happening. It took a whole year to to tell us essentially this "This time last year the recession began('Sept 07)". Now I wonder how long it will be before we acknowledge what is going on.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Japan Exports Plummet 45.7%, Deficit Widens to Record (Update1)

Feb. 25 (Bloomberg) -- Japan’s exports plunged . . .

Gross domestic product shrank at an annual 12.7 percent pace last quarter, the most since the 1974 oil shock, and economists predict the slump will drag into this quarter.

Now I wonder how long it will be before we acknowledge what is going on.

12.7 percent refers to 12/7 -- the Day of Infamy.
www.historyplace.com...

The Dow took a tour back to 1997, but the Forces of Recollection went further back in time than that. Japan must be reminded that bombing the USA with Toyotas is a hostile act.

Bravo, acknowledge.
1941. Out.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
@ 7:00 am est DJIA 7340.94 7262.0 -78.94

Looks like Wall St don't like something this Morning...Prez's Speech...UK Bank nationalization Prospects...Japan exports falling through the floor?

Looks like my short memory theory is holding up...

[edit on 2/25/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
London closed up, but things certainly still seem jittery in the US:

Index Quote Change Change% Local Time

London 3848.98 32.54 0.85% 17:29

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a6e09f9d7e9.png[/atsimg]

Index Quote Change Change% Local Time

DJIA 7188.46 -162.48 -2.21% 12:43

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/164917836063.png[/atsimg]

Data source

Graphics source

[edit on 25/2/09 by pause4thought]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The Dow was scuba diving before the lunch hour with blatant disrespect to President Obama who launched the nation on a rescue mission that he deems a foregone success. Instead of digesting what the prez said yesterday evening, the Dow went scuba diving looking for submerged housing reports.

After the disciplinary action, the Dow moved to the surface, and if Bernanke, who does know something about macroeconomy -- a word that most of us don't even know that it exists -- was right about the economic depression going away at the end of 2009, the Dow should show +0.9% gain when the bell rings. If it doesn't, then we would surely know how to read the gain/loss percentage number.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join