It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 239
<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

dude, its not like i just came across those, ive been watching these for quite a while, and I would argue that it is TA, or my version at least

my dad/uncle (commodity trader) are super humans in maths, logarithms, in fact my dad has a patent for algorithms.. me.. well I like trance, clubs, and FAS

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

I semi have to agree, I like dow 8750-9250 near term... but I dont necessarily know if this was the real bottom or not.. that doesnt really bother me as (IF I WAS IN THE MARKETS RIGHT NOW, BUT I GOT CAUGHT THINKING CITI WAS GOING TO GO LOWER AT SOME POINT!!
((((( ) usually only held stocks for either 5-15 minutes or a few trading days

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I "wish" this could be a short response, but, ...

Think about it..."Taste the "Rainbow"...

I think it says it all...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

The Skittle pooping unicorn is symbolic of the magical remedy that the past and current administrations expect to come and solve all our economic problems.

Tasting the rainbow is not recommended though, because Soylent Green is People

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Late april? Market low?

I will eat my top hat.

And i dont know what else to say to fill this req. lol

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

How did you like that rally in CITI tho today redhatty??

I really thought this was going to drop lower in the morning... I got caught staring at the ticker and couldnt execute

Its at 4.17 after hours... wow man.... like i was saying short squeeze coming up in a big wave perhaps?

1,200,000,000 Shares Short as of a few days ago I believe.. and thats billion lol

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

damn hx, did i see a guillotine with two heads layin down there??

be nice to my great uncle big ben, he gave me an earned income tax credit this year hahahahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Yeah Yeah Yeah I say off with thier skittles!

And has anyone else noticed that Bloomberg has a "tab" on thier homepage for Madoff? That is just crazy...the fraudster has his own
link! Jesse James would be jealous!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I saw that last night, I thought that was great

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxox

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Hmmm...

Don't get it do ya...

They can't count on more TARP...we told Congress..hmmm

They have to "pump"...before....their "Dump"...

Remember..."Get it while ya can..."never waste a good crisis..."

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Yep, saw it, all on low volume (more volume on the AH waterfall). Wonder what happens Friday when they announce earnings.

I bet it won't be pretty

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

Hmmm...

Don't get it do ya...

They can't count on more TARP...we told Congress..hmmm

They have to "pump"...before....their "Dump"...

Remember..."Get it while ya can..."never waste a good crisis..."

Well my dad said it was a good thing i didnt get into it.. even though its trading at like 4.77 in asia right now i think

i wanted to get into options, and start with this, and again my dad slapped me..

I still think this and BAC are super-duper-hyper-exclusive under priced for a short term gain, and honestly if I had a lot of funds I would prob buy a lot of shares and never look at the stock price again for 25 years

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

Yep, saw it, all on low volume (more volume on the AH waterfall). Wonder what happens Friday when they announce earnings.

I bet it won't be pretty

dude actually citi traded high volume today and afterhours like 15 million shares

EDIT : Had to look 835,000,000 pretty good higher than avg at least id say by about 250 or so

[edit on 13-4-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Can you just let Paulson off the hook? He should be put on the contrapathingy too! Especially him! Like in the movie The Princess Bride...put them on the machine...the life sucking one...and see if they make it. Then...we could feed them skittles to see it they come back to life.
Cant you just see billy Crystal feeding Bernanke, Paulson, and Geithner
some chocolate covered skittles?

[edit on 13-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seejanerun

I found this free chart, not sure if it can help people in this thread, or not.

Best Free Charts

I hope it helps.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
ohhh by the way.. dont think this has been spoken about yet..

market jumped this afternoon when they announced some stuff about a big press conference tomorrow with obama..

I wonder if we trade lower b4 that then skyrocket??

If i remember correctly this rally started a month ago on a tuesday... I'll go out on a limb and say the 2nd half of tomorrow trading will be one to remember

Does anyone know what this speech will be about?

Should just let my *favorite* uncle big ben do the talking, i love that guy

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I bet it won't be pretty

With Mark to Market rules changed right before 1st quarter announcements (shocking coincidence) I would bet that will eliminate a big chunk of their losses (all banks). Coupled with the surplus in revenue from AIG to the bigger banks via Tax Payers I would honestly be a bit surprised if they didn't post a good sized profit.

As for the rest of the S&P500, losses across the board.. just because the banks have cash now doesn't mean consumers are spending.

GreenBicMan

Even at $5 or $10, it's still relatively cheap for Citi shares, compared to market highs or even decade long averages. I am still siding with red and hx on this, it won't last. I believe what we are seeing is funds throwing a lot of money into the market, as they get higher prices the institutional funds will sell off, bringing in the profits, then selling off with private funds. "Pump and Dump" as it's called. It will be a great way for some of these funds to post a return.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Yep...I know...so should you...

Banks have been "playing" the market since earley March...

Prex 'Bama says..."Time is up"...Congress won't play no more...

Hmmm...

Wrong or what???

[edit on 4/13/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I bet it won't be pretty

With Mark to Market rules changed right before 1st quarter announcements (shocking coincidence) I would bet that will eliminate a big chunk of their losses (all banks). Coupled with the surplus in revenue from AIG to the bigger banks via Tax Payers I would honestly be a bit surprised if they didn't post a good sized profit.

As for the rest of the S&P500, losses across the board.. just because the banks have cash now doesn't mean consumers are spending.

GreenBicMan

Even at $5 or $10, it's still relatively cheap for Citi shares, compared to market highs or even decade long averages. I am still siding with red and hx on this, it won't last. I believe what we are seeing is funds throwing a lot of money into the market, as they get higher prices the institutional funds will sell off, bringing in the profits, then selling off with private funds. "Pump and Dump" as it's called. It will be a great way for some of these funds to post a return.

Ok but what im getting at here..

you basicaly stated my point up there saying its at generational lows

how much lower can we go? you think its going to get erased like GM? (even tho i think thats all a balk) no way, Big Ben owns 40% of that thing - so I feel like im betting on America..

I still think betting on America is the best bet you have, even though most of you might disagree

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

theres always a game being played - even though this all might run out like a lot here have been saying...

Im still betting when we see positive GDP and everybody and their brother misses the upswing we will have 9:1 bulls on this thread hahahahaha

top topics

<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join