It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 225
<< 222  223  224    226  227  228 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Where is the location? I have heard mixed answers but if you'd let me know,I will absolutely try to be there!

I have company (yuck...I know,I am a brat) but will try to check in more later in the week,miss y'all and as always,thanks for making it easy to stay on top of the chit-pile out there!

[edit on 8-4-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

That is why China is doing what they are doing right now, increased inundation of their own nation made products over the imports.

Guess who is suffering here US, do you see any complains been filed by the US to the WTO? none, but wait and see if the US starts doing the same thing with whatever is left that we produce, you will have all kind of fines and BS coming from the WTO.

I said burn the mother f -lowers.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

The dow will open in the positive today, just watch, that is due to some deals going on today.

Pulte To Buy Centex for $1.3 Billion

www.cnbc.com...

Still the looming bankruptcy of GM will put a dent of how much positive is going to be.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
This is juicy, just in case is not been posted yet.

Treasury Looks Set to Extend TARP to Life Insurers

The Wall Street Journal had earlier reported that the U.S. Treasury Department planned to extend the TARP to certain life insurers. The Treasury is expected to announce within the next several days the inclusion of life insurers that are bank holding companies or own a thrift, the Journal reported on its website.

www.cnbc.com...

I wonder when TARP money will be available to save the tax payer, we are actually bailing our everybody but who is bailing out us.

Investors Request $1.7 Billion in TALF Loans

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

That is why China is doing what they are doing right now, increased inundation of their own nation made products over the imports.

Guess who is suffering here US, do you see any complains been filed by the US to the WTO? none, but wait and see if the US starts doing the same thing with whatever is left that we produce, you will have all kind of fines and BS coming from the WTO.

I said burn the mother f -lowers.

Actually we have filed MANY complaints with the WTO over the last decade. Even Canada has joined in with us to complain about unfair ways other countries are finding to skirt the trade contracts. We still have to take their crap but they don't have to take our's. This due to "new laws" they have past since the signing. It is all a big game of protectionism in the end, but because we are the great big USA we get shut down when we even mention it. They on the other hand just keep passing more laws to prohibit our imports.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I know stacie, so far from all the complains been failed by the US none has been won by the US.

Pitiful and still I can not believe why our nations till support those mother F-lowers.

I say hang them and hang them high.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Look on the bright side we will still have life insurance! When we starve to death maybe it will help our children buy a loaf of bread....

But to be honest and more "on topic" the list of companies and sectors is going to keep growing. We are truly in a severe situation here. The sooner people figure that out the sooner we can hit the reset button and get on with it to recovery.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Well passing the same laws they have in the same exact wording they have used should send a very nice "signal" to them. Thus thwarting any future attempts at skirting their trade obligations.
But I think first we had better get to work on recreating a MUCH larger manufactuing base. We have been far to lax on the imports and way to heavy on baseless laws that cut us back on being able to produce in the first place.
I used to run a imports business for a bit and it was easier to get imports than it was to buy American made products!

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Hon, I doubt that by the time our children will get to claim any insurance it will actually be any "real money" to backed up.

Modern day Depression something that our nation and the rest of the world is "actually" experiencing is a lot different than the Great depression of the past.

Still the modern day Depression has been misunderstood by those that still believe that it should behave the same way that before.

Is not so.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie

I used to run a imports business for a bit and it was easier to get imports than it was to buy American made products!

And I am sure that you know "why" that happen, our nation made sure that our imports were priority over exports or the availability of home made goods.

I am old enough to remember when every town and every city in the US had manufacturing fabrics, I remember textiles was a big thing were I was living as a child in PR.

I also remember how these places were closed one at a time and became nothing but rotten empty buildings.

The boom of the housing Market took over the clean up and converted those large areas into nothing but housing areas and specially low income complexes.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I have a few questions...

First, how many houses are emtpy in the US?
Why are the homeless are not going in those houses?
When will the foreclosures be restarted... they did ban them for a while?
What happens to you when you have no more unemployment benefits?

Thanks

And when the US collapse, with WTO rules, and the G20 agreement of making protectionism illegal... how the hell the US will rebuild itself?

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Thanks

And when the US collapse, with WTO rules, and the G20 agreement of making protectionism illegal... how the hell the US will rebuild itself?

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

We don't have a definate number on the housing that is empty. Legally it can take up to 90+ days for a bank to get the house emptied through the courts in the first place.
Another 30+ to list it as being bank owned.(up for sale REO) The problem is that they are still trying to sell them for the "old" market prices and they just can't get that anymore, hence the empty houses.
They are about to have a auction of 1,000 homes here in Northern California that are bank owned. (REO) I had actually looked at 3 of the house's on the auction block "3 YEARS AGO"!! They still have them and are just now sending them to auction for a market based price.
They will never put the homeless into houses they might be able to sell sooner or later.They are hell bent on making back money on them at the old market prices.

Once you run out of unemployment that is it nothing else but welfare.That is also on the chopping block as most states are cutting back on service's due to budget constraints.

Well many countries have skirted the laws by creating laws in their own countries that make certain products they are under contract to import illegal. It has been going on for a decade or so and doesn't look like it is going to stop anytime soon. They figured out how to get out of their contracts legally, there is nothing anyone can do about it...well other than moan and groan

[edit on 8-4-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

That runs in the millions but the numbers seems to be shady right now.

Good question I am not sure it is because they are protected, but I know for sure that many of the empty homes are been vandalized and the banks are not doing anything about to protect them leaving them to the counties to deal with the problems.

They didn't ban them but they are allowing people to stay in their homes until the foreclosures are inevitable.

That slows down the numbers.

Well I guess if you don't have a job by them you will have to file for welfare, what else.

I am not sure, but they may have made protectionism illegal and I can not imagine how our government could agree with something like that, because is a fact that China is doing it and nobody is doing a darn thing about it.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Freddie & Fannie quietly re-started foreclosing April 1st after suspending it last year...

And banks have started "dumping"...

...after their people figure there is no market for it, and they can't afford to maintain it, they inform local authority's...most times NOT former mortgage holders, that they've "released" it...much to the surprise of former holders...who are then charged to maintain or demolish...

Dumb and sad...but true...

@ Avarus: Guess yer on to something...after futures being down over 100 last nite...it only opened 1 or 2 points lower???

Edit 1: *Ginnie Mae President: "March best month ever for his mortgage business"*

Amazing what "headlines", talking heads can dream up, whilst sleeping at board tables...

Edit 2: *Off Topic* finally...

Women may orgasm on television before 11pm
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Edit 3:@ P4T:One in 20 £1 coins is fake claims expert
www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 4/8/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

OUCH to edit 3 had no idea it was "getting" so bad. But with the news lately concerning th financial stability of alot of the EU's 27 member nations I am not at all surprised when it comes down to it.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Saw a movie last night called Mutant Chronicles (not very good). But the start of the movie was very interesting for todays times. It started out in the middle of a modern battlefield. It explained that in the future the world was run by four corporations. The regions were split by continents with two corporations in Europe. It explained that the corporations were constantly battling each other for control and to expand their empire. The soldiers were employees of the corporations and were paid based on their body count produced. No mention of any form of government. I just thought it was an interesting scarey concept. It was a few hundred years in the future from now, but as crazy as all this stuff going on is, it does seem fitting with TOO BIG TO FAIL. It seems that even today the corporations are in the drivers seat not the government.

COMMODITY FUTURES
VALUE CHANGE % CHANGE
Oil 48.00 -1.15 -2.34
Gold 882.10 -1.20 -0.14
Natural Gas 3.57 0.01 0.22

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Here's how yer rewarded for a take over these days...

PULTE HOMES, INC. 9.65 10:43AM ET Down 1.12 (10.40%)

CENTEX CP 9.13 10:44AM ET Up 1.51 (19.82%)

Bass Ackward these days...

Larry Krudlow sayz: "Shrinking inventory's good for economy/business"

Sure...right...Uh huh...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Bass Ackwards Indeed.

WARNING the following article may make you violently ill.

‘I Want You,’ Uncle Sam Says to Unemployed Wall Street Analysts

www.bloomberg.com...

Yeah, god forbid we lose jobs in the finance sector.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Can someone tell me what company sells ink to the Treasury. I'd like to make an investment on a sure thing.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This is what Krudlow thought was good?

How is it good that there's less stuff out there?

Oh yeah...
1) less jobs, meaning
2) less consumers, meaning...
3) less buying...
4) see 1...

UPDATE 1-U.S. wholesale inventories in record fall
www.reuters.com...

WASHINGTON, April 8 (Reuters) - U.S. wholesale inventories plunged a record 1.5 percent in February, more than double Wall Street's forecasts, while sales gained 0.6 percent, the Commerce Department said on Wednesday.

Analysts polled by Reuters had expected inventories to fall 0.7 percent, after a 0.9 percent drop the previous month. Stocks at wholesalers have now dropped for six straight months. The Commerce Department's current methods for recording inventory data began in 1992.

"The market bounces from one data point to another, but in terms of the general mosaic, it'll be looked at as a good barometer of consumption," said Peter Kenny, managing director at Knight Equity Markets in Jersey City, New Jersey.

Inventories of durable goods, those long-lasting items such as metals and furniture, also dropped a record 2.4 percent, while their sales rose 2 percent. Nondurable inventories were down a much slimmer 0.2 percent.

February was the first increase in wholesales sales since June 2008, when they rose 2.3 percent. The department said sales of motor vehicles and their parts were up 3.7 percent, while petroleum sales fell 3.7 percent.

The inventories-to-sales ratio, or the pace it would take to deplete current stocks, was 1.31 months' worth in February, faster than January's 1.34 months'. The January ratio was the largest since June 2001.

"The only thing that tempers the report is that the sales-to-inventory ratio is still high," said Christopher Low, chief economist at FTN Financial in New York. He added the decline in inventories "will take a bite" from gross domestic product.

new topics

top topics

<< 222  223  224    226  227  228 >>

join