It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 222
<< 219  220  221    223  224  225 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

That sounds like a not-very-clever way of saying "They're insolvent, folks! Make as much money as you can now, Wall St, because it's going to crash once I tell the masses how FUBAR'ed everything is!"

But what do I know.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Why does the Admin think that pumping MORE MONEY into a black hole is going to fill it?

I know it would be embarrassing for them to admit they were wrong and force the banks into bankruptcy at this stage, but the alternative is the complete implosion of the country itself.

So quit trying to save face you government asshats and let them fall already

/rant off

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I was watching George Soros talking about the dollar:

pragcap.com...
(part 2 video)

And he said that he knows what will happen to the dollar but is not at liberty to discuss it.

Hm...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Braking news!!!!!!!!!!!

The president is to delay the figures on the bank stress review because it could cause more stress on the markets as they stand today.

So the figures will not be released until the end of April.

So people that means that the printing presses in the treasury department will be going on a new round of infusion to improve the Markets numbers

Incredible we are really down to constant live support now.

I thought the stress tests were always coming out this April. This is precisely why I am reluctant to go into the market. The government is changing accounting rules, trading rules, pumping money, creating inflation controlling management. How the hell can you honestly trade that if you know the government can make you lose 40% of your money with one word

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
A bit slow on news today - the Ministry of Propaganda is busy filtering the info to the masses

So here's a couple things to have a little fun with

Video Link

Blankfein’s Speech Is Interrupted By Protesters With Banner

April 7 (Bloomberg) -- Two women with a pink banner reading “we want our $ $$ $ back” interrupted a speech by Goldman Sachs Group Inc. Chief Executive Officer Lloyd Blankfein, prompting him to halt and ask the audience, “Everybody got that?”

Blankfein had just begun speaking at the Council of Institutional Investors’ spring conference in Washington today when the women mounted the stage next to his podium and unfurled the banner.

“How about this? I’ll address that at the end,” he said to the protesters, who didn’t identify themselves. “They’ve seen it. I’ll address it at the end if you get off now.”

The women took his advice, stepping off the stage and sitting in the audience to listen to the rest of Blankfein’s speech. Goldman Sachs is based in New York.

and...

Harvard Student Takes On Barney Frank Over Economy

Video on page

WFXT-TV: It all started with a question: "How much responsibility, if any, do you have for the financial crisis?"

Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA) and a conservative Harvard law student debated over how Frank should have handled his role as the House Chairman of the Financial Services Committee. Frank was at Harvard University for a speech at the Kennedy School of Government.

Frank said the student wasn't backing up his claims, invoking some laughter from the crowd, and the student told Frank he wasn't answering his question.

Frank does a great job of avoiding taking any responsibility for our current mess.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
A bit slow on news today - the Ministry of Propaganda is busy filtering the info to the masses

So here's a couple things to have a little fun with

I think Blankfein did a good job answering the question. With all due respect to him, he could have ignored it and been upity about it like Barney Frank! One thing the CEO's have said, they have made a lot of mistakes. The politicians: "NOT OUR FAULT". Which is complete hogwash!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Not exactly market related, but potentially it may be

Iranian nuke plot vaporized in the city: NY banks unwittingly aided in material transfers, says DA

The Manhattan district attorney's office has smashed a sinister plot to smuggle nuclear weapons materials to Iran through unwitting New York banks, the Daily News has learned.

Officials plan to unseal a 118-count indictment Tuesday accusing a Chinese national of setting up a handful of fake companies to hide that he was selling millions of dollars in potential nuclear materials to Tehran.

"This case will cut off a major source of supply to Iran and it shows how they are going ahead full steam to get a nuclear bomb. Long-range missiles they pretty much have already," a law enforcement source close to the case said.

"We think it is one of the largest suppliers of weapons of mass destruction to Iran."

Experts say Iran, under the leadership of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, appears close to amassing enough nuclear material to make an atom bomb. A United Nations embargo bans Iran from acquiring the high-tech metals needed to make a long-range nuclear weapon a reality.

The indictment will outline the financial conspiracy behind 58 different transactions, including shipments of various banned materials from China to Iran between 2006 and late 2008.

Among them:

* 33,000 pounds of a specialized aluminum alloy used almost exclusively in long-range missile production.
* 66,000 pounds of tungsten copper plate, which is used in missile guidance systems.
* 53,900 pounds of maraging steel rods, a superhard metal used in uranium enrichment and to make the casings for nuclear bombs.

The recipient is believed to have been a subsidiary of the Iranian Defense Ministry.

The suspect, who is not believed to be in the U.S., set up four bogus import-export companies that did business with six Iranian shell firms, one source said.

"They took elaborate steps to conceal the identity of the shipper and the recipient," the source said.

The deals went through "several" New York banks, which cooperated when the alleged plot was uncovered.

"The New York banks were completely unaware," the source said.

Authorities first stumbled over the scheme seven months ago in an unrelated probe into Iranian money-laundering through Lloyd's, a British bank.

In January, Lloyd's paid a $350 million fine to settle accusations it "stripped" information from Iranian money transfers to New York banks, hiding where the cash came from.

Officials said they suspected that money was also used to finance Iran's nuke program.

"The important thing is to put sunlight on these deals," the law enforcement source said.

More criminal activity for the banks that they were "completely unaware" of

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
You know on the slow days we actually get some of the most interesting articles?

Im watchin CNBC and DOW is down 181 points atm

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Didn't take the Ticker Guy long to get on that latest post of mine

Banks "Innocently" Helped Iran Get The Bomb?

Oh boy....

The Manhattan district attorney's office has smashed a sinister plot to smuggle nuclear weapons materials to Iran through unwitting New York banks, the Daily News has learned.

Officials plan to unseal a 118-count indictment Tuesday accusing a Chinese national of setting up a handful of fake companies to hide that he was selling millions of dollars in potential nuclear materials to Tehran.

A handful of fake companies eh?

There were lots of people who complained about the "Know Your Customer" rules that were part of the US Patriot Act after 9/11.

Obviously, these banks didn't "measure up", irrespective of whether their activity in this case was "unwitting", "lazy", or something worse.

In fact, the easiest way to make sure that a financial institution (or the Federal Government) doesn't look into what you are making and shipping (while using them as a processing method for your funds) is to label the high-quality maraging steel rods (for uranium centrifuge construction, of course) "Level 3 Assets - Audit or Inspection Prohibited by US Treasury"

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hello people I thought I was all alone in the thread today, finally I decided to sweat my cold in the gym but the temperatures are in the cold side today so I hope I didn't got a bronchitis for my stupidity.

Well things seems to be very interesting, after the big rallies last month after nothing but negative numbers, it seem very clear that our markets are down to life support now.

The new home market in one town in somewhere USA was giving the good news of a boost on sales but at the end of the good news was the reality, the reason they are were having a boost was at a loss. They are selling the homes under market value so they could avoid bankruptcy

But hey good news is good news.

Also I think that the real issue about Bernanke devaluating the dollar is actually to finally collapsed for the big plans they already have in the works with another shadow global bank.

Burn the Mother F-lowers to hell I say.

Can Bernanke be really panicking? I wonder.

And as for Iran I guess US is not very happy that China is investing billions in their oil industry.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Well, the Iran thing is a huge kick in the face to the US of A because we have the largest deposits of natural gas on the entire Earth sitting up there in Alaska waiting to be gotten to an exploited.

China is just fed up with the US and our uppity "we're better than everyone else" attitude.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Exactly, if your read my post on China wanting to rule the world you see that they have been very busy utilizing their holdings of dollars to buy natural resources everywhere they are for sale.

All those acquisitions in one month alone because they know the dollars is going to collapse.

That is the biggest warning that the US should be looking at, but still the morons in Washington are so knee deep in their own ca-ca they can not even smell their own BS.

I am so upset with what Washington has become is not funny.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Let's build a new skyscraper in LA!!!!

www.latimes.com...

The world is OVER!!
www.amazon.com...

U.S. MOST ACTIVE BY VOLUME
PRICE %CHANGE VOLUME
CITIGROUP INC 2.8 2.94 214456852
BANK OF AMERICA 7.5 0.27 130067987
SPDR TRUST SER 1 82.18 -1.70 123107141
FINL BULL 3X 6.49 -3.28 92046995
SPDR-FINL SELECT 9.34 -0.95 70748091

[edit on 7-4-2009 by elston]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This is a few days old, but I didn't see it posted:

Optimism Opium, by Gerald Celente

Trend Warning #1: What's being pitched today by the government has been tried before. It didn't work then, and it won't work now.

*snip*

Trend Warning #2: Don't be seduced by temporary equity market spikes or leading economic indicator upticks. Be especially wary of pitchmen claiming the markets have bottomed and headlines insinuating that the worst is over ("Car sales not as horrid in March" and "Investors jump on good financial news," USA Today, 2 April 2009).

What is being sold as "good financial news is, upon examination, news that is marginally less dismal than expected. Nevertheless, for insiders and professional gamblers, there will be opportunities to briefly ride the market waves.

More at link.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

He doesn't have to "discussed" we already know here in this thread exactly what is going on with the dollar and the plans for it.

Perhaps we should send him and invitation to come and join us incognito to discuss it here as a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by elston

Well the Korean invasion is starting, taking into consideration that Americans don't have the money anymore to buy anything I guess the new residents in the condo will be foreigners, I guess some of those that has lost jobs in the wall street can find work as cleaning people for the new residents.

On the second link I have to say whoa, the item is actually on waiting because of demand.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

I am not familiar with the person on the link but he knew exactly what was coming our way.

He is right, Celente forecasts that no amount of monetary amoxicillin can cure the spreading virus.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
may have already been posted, if so sorry for repeat

Bank 'stress test' results delayed

Treasury will wait until after first-quarter earnings season to release results in order to soften impact on stocks.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- The U.S. Treasury Department is planning to delay the release of any completed bank "stress test" results until after the first-quarter earnings season to avoid complicating stock market reaction, a source familiar with Treasury's discussions said Tuesday.

The Treasury is still talking about how results of the regulatory stress tests on the 19 largest U.S. banks will be released, and may disclose them as summary results that are not institution-specific, the source said.

The government is testing how the largest banks would fare under more adverse economic conditions than are expected in an attempt to assess the firms' capital needs. The tests are due to be completed by the end of April, but Treasury has said they may be finished before then.

The source, speaking anonymously because the Treasury has not made a final decision on what to disclose, said officials do not want any test results released before the earnings season wraps up for most U.S. banks on April 24.

This actoin clearly tells us that the results are BAD - MAJORLY BAD

Because if the results were good, they would be releasing the info ASAP

They have changed the reporting to "not institution-specific" summaries

We, the people, will never get the truth, another clear message by this action.

Not trading advise: Time to build up my short positions on the banks and financials

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by theWCH

I am not familiar with the person on the link but he knew exactly what was coming our way.

He is right, Celente forecasts that no amount of monetary amoxicillin can cure the spreading virus.

If you youtube Gerald Celente you will find him to be very accurate for many years. He has no party affiliation which is refreshing. He consults for many different firms and his tellings of what's coming are already known to us here.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

I would imagine that if the results were even roughly as "not bad" as expected, they would be released. This tells me that the results were almost unthinkably bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 219  220  221    223  224  225 >>

join