It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 221
<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

That is because they are becoming a burden to other family members.

It was a TV special on how American families are bunking together in one family homes to wait for the Recession/Depression to be over.

Even I have to take back my daughter because she could not afford her apartment anymore after her roommate ran away to another state to live with a sister and hide from her obligations.

Yes this is happening everywhere young people are already on debt and running.

I now have both my adult over 21 children (still single) living at home.

Still unemployment figures do not lie until those figures keep growing do not expect any type of economic recovery.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Well, we all know your Elite Status is far and above the average Rothchilds...I'm just in The Sheiks league...

Those dang morals of his, will be his undoing, in our new Uber-Corrupt Order.

I thought I had found a PDF Instruction Manual for those Cronie & Co Keyboards, but, it's pretty worthless...looks like Cheney's E-Mail transcripts...

S&P 500 -14.30 816.10 4/7 6:56am
Fair Value 832.16 4/6 10:14pm
Difference* -16.06

NASDAQ -19.25 1292.75 4/7 6:52am
Fair Value 1312.36 4/6 10:14pm
Difference* -19.61

Dow Jones -116.00 7800.00 4/7 6:53am
===
FTSE 100 3,925.70 7:14AM ET Down 67.84 (1.70%)
CAC 40 2,893.26 7:29AM ET Down 36.49 (1.25%)
DAX 4,296.89 7:15AM ET Down 52.92 (1.22%)

OK...you guys can stop anytime now...really...I'm not kidding now...

Stocks headed for a fall
money.cnn.com...

Why we're hemorrhaging jobs
money.cnn.com...

[edit on 4/7/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Keep your voice down Hx. Not everybody knows there's a layer above royalty.

On a (very) serious note: London may be a foretaste of what's ahead in today's US markets:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26fd1eadbcdd.png[/atsimg]

Down 70.43 (-1.76%)

Source

[edit to add:]

That 'Stocks headed for a fall' article was very helpful. Nice going.

[2nd edit:]

Looks like stander was right yet again. I hope he doesn't get too cocky...

[3rd edit:]

Hx, I seem to remember you're somewhere near Michigan. Duck and cover, my friend!

F16s tracking stolen Cessna

[edit on 7/4/09 by pause4thought]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Get???

I thought it was is...

A lot of bad news coming out of Europe/UK...going to be a major drag today...

S&P 500 -12.30 818.10 4/7 7:36am
Difference* -14.06

NASDAQ -18.25 1293.75 4/7 7:28am
Difference* -18.61

Dow Jones -95.00 7821.00 4/7 7:35am

A slight breather, for now...

Breathers over now...

S&P 500 -16.20 814.20 4/7 7:51am
Difference* -17.96

Difference* -18.61

Dow Jones -126.00 7790.00 4/7 7:50am

except this...

FTSE 100 3,913.24 7:50AM ET Down 80.30 (2.01%)

Edit 1: Mum's the word...

Edit 2: No worries...I got my Pea Shooter!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Seems the pilot landed on a highway, then ran off. Now that's what I call ingenuity - escaping F16s ON FOOT.

Back to the real business:

FTSE down 74.45 (-1.86)

Incidentally, for anyone unfamiliar with what said keyboard is about: it does to the markets (online) what the following device does to the man in the street:

PS - Only Legatus and Bilderbergers have them.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Good call on the flat foot, rubber on da road get away...

Landing a little plane on a dirt road is one thing...F-16's...not so easy...

After that I'd want a Gatoraid also...

The Uber-Cyberpunk-Remote is really Da Bomb

Probably good thing Only Legatus and Bilderbergers have them...

Power like that could really corrupt someone like Mr Stander...totally...

Funniest thing I've seen in days

S&P 500 -12.70 817.70 4/7 8:21am
Difference* -14.46

Difference* -18.61

Dow Jones -108.00 7808.00 4/7 8:21am
======================================
Can anyone say "Get yer nice fresh Apples...only 5 cents..." *Tin Cup Rattling*

RBS says to cut up to 9,000 jobs
www.reuters.com...

LONDON (Reuters) - Part-nationalized British lender Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS.L) said it could shed up to 9,000 jobs over the next 2 years, including 4,500 in the UK, as part of a shake-up of its back-office operations.

The actual number of job losses is expected be "significantly lower than this," and compulsory redundancies will be used only as a last resort, RBS said on Tuesday.

"We have set a new strategy for RBS to restore the bank to standalone strength as soon as practicable," RBS Chief Executive Stephen Hester said in a statement.

"To do so we need to cut our costs, as in all businesses, given the current recession."

RBS shares were down 6.7 percent at 27.8 pence at 1215 GMT (8:15 a.m. EDT), while the FTSE 100 share index was 1.9 percent lower.

RBS says UK government stake to rise to 70 percent
www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Probably good thing Only Legatus and Bilderbergers have them...

Power like that could really corrupt someone like Mr Stander...totally...

Let's just hope he doesn't study that link I posted. Extract:

Read the entire conspiracy thread here, complete with lots of dates of things that happened in the past. And Legatus itself? Well, it's not really a secret group. It's apparently actively soliciting members.

Nobody tell him.

FTSE latest: down 78.17 (-1.96%)

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'm getting Goosey Bumps...DJIA futures only down 96 now...

Can anyone say, "Rally?"

I thought not...

Foreign FX's moving up now...Hmmm...

Edit: Maybe I should call my rating agency's and put the screws to 'em...
I think they're slacking...claw backs are not allowed on sliding markets...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Logic went out the window long ago my friend.

Welcome to market surrealism.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Out the window indeed...

Down the fire escape...off the sidewalk...off the curb...down the gutter...down the sewer...into the dark depths of the unknown...

Sales likely gloomy for retailers
www.reuters.com...

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Major U.S. retailers likely ended March with lackluster sales as consumers put off Easter and Spring purchases for April.

Overall, March same-store sales are expected to fall 0.3 percent, and a steeper 4.7 percent, excluding Wal-Mart, according to Thomson Reuters data.

Excluding Wal-Mart, sales fell by the same amount in February.

"We don't see any signs of significant improvement with the exception of a continued full-fledged flight to value retailers," said Craig Johnson, president of Customer Growth Partners, a retail research firm.

Wal-Mart Stores Inc (WMT.N), the world's largest retailer, is expected to post a 3 percent gain in same-store sales, according to Thomson Reuters data.

While tight inventory control and lower discounts could help cushion the decline every retail segment, with the exception of discounters, is expected to post a same-store sales decrease in March.

Same-store sales, which track sales at stores open at least one year, are seen as a key gauge of retail performance.

U.S. retailers are expected to report March same-store sales later this week, with Wal-Mart set to post results on Thursday.
More at Link...

oooooo...can anyone say, "IMF implosion?"

ECB attacks G20 plan to boost IMF drawing rights to pump cash into global economy
www.telegraph.co.uk...

"This is helicopter money for the globe," said Jürgen Stark, the ECB's chief economist and Germany's member on the bank's executive board.

"There hasn't been a study to see whether the world needs additional liquidity. In the old days one would take a long time to to explore such a thing," he told the German business newspaper Handelsblatt.

The paper cited an "unidentified" central banker protesting that the G20 had rammed through radical changes that could do "irreperable damage" to the global financial system " What is happening with the IMF is scandalous. They are going to lay waste to everything in this crisis as a result of political horse-trading," he said.

Markets have been in confusion over the implications of the G20 deal last week instructing the IMF to issue $250bn (£170bn) in Special Drawing Rights, a hybrid instrument that lets governments around the world take out an overdraft but also contains the seeds of a global currency in is own right.

The summit communique stated clearly that the purpose of the activating the Fund's SDR powers was to "inject $250bn into the world economy and increase global liquidity". This is separate from the move to tripple the IMF'fire-fighting fund to $750bn.

If used to create liquidity, the plan turns the Fund into a proto-central bank for the world, running an expansionary monetary policy over the heads of existing central banks. It appears that G20 delegations from Germany and other EU states may signed the agreement in the rush last Thursday without studying the exact details.

The use of SDRs on this scale poses a immediate threat to the ECB, which is worried about a resurgence of inflation once recovery begins. It has pursued a more restrictive "steady-as-you-go" policy than the Anglo-Saxons, Swiss, and Japanese.

Dennis Snower, head of the IWF Institute in Kiel, said the scheme not only risks inflation down the road but also incubates future crises as badly-run countries are able to put off their day of reckoning. "If the international community does not take steps against this, the future bill for this stimulus could prove expensive," he said.

The dispute between the ECB's hawks and policy-makers in the rest of the world stems from a deep disagreement about the nature of this crisis. The IMF fears that the globe is in the grip of self-feeding spiral akin to the events of the early 1930s. It has warned of widespread civil unrest and even wars if this process is allowed to unfold.
Coolness...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Amazing what Screw's can accomplish...

Dow Jones Industrial Average 7,812.97 9:45am ET Down 162.88 (2.04%)
NASDAQ Composite 1,574.13 9:46am ET Down 32.58 (2.03%)
S&P 400 MIDCAP INDEX 504.87 9:46am ET Down 13.12 (2.53%)
===
Fifth Third Bancorp 2.87 9:33AM ET Down 0.20 (6.51%) 1,241,527
American Capital, Ltd. 1.91 9:34AM ET Down 0.34 (15.11%) 746,900
Sun Microsystems, Inc. 6.13 9:34AM ET Down 0.43 (6.52%) 2,978,034

CEO confidence falls to record low
www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It is amazing how resilient the markets have been. I have figured it is better to just daytrade the moves from -2% to going up higher than actually investing. Buying some of those triple etf's and sell for a 30 cent/share increase is the way to go right now I think rather than getting long or short...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Many thanks for those personal reflections RR. NOT investment advice, folks!

(cf. the T&Cs)

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

ECB attacks G20 plan to boost IMF drawing rights to pump cash into global economy

"This is helicopter money for the globe," said Jürgen Stark, the ECB's chief economist and Germany's member on the bank's executive board.

Is it really a helicopter fund for the globe or a fund to push aside many of the central banks forms of monetary control and associated fees? Therefore causing a rift in the balance of power, giving more control of the money supply to said countries as opposed to the central bankers?

"There hasn't been a study to see whether the world needs additional liquidity. In the old days one would take a long time to to explore such a thing," he told the German business newspaper Handelsblatt.

In the old days the central banks where the one’s skirting the studies and the formeost authority on them to boot. Now that the world is bypassing the banks studies and calling for more level and honest studies they are finding the manipulations etc. There has been plenty of studies and the few that make any sense to the monetary system as a whole; are the one’s being done by those who AREN”T attached to the central bankers themselves. Now this may indeed bring about a more level playing field on the global scale of things, but considering that the bankers are losing ground on the control issue could very well bring about mayhem.

The paper cited an "unidentified" central banker protesting that the G20 had rammed through radical changes that could do "irreperable damage" to the global financial system " What is happening with the IMF is scandalous. They are going to lay waste to everything in this crisis as a result of political horse-trading," he said.

Isn’t it always an unidentified banker or official of some sort bringing to the public eye the short fallings of one government or another? The G20 didn’t ram through much of anything they had a meeting beforehand and knew going in what they ALL wanted to accomplish. Now whether or not it is for the betterment of all people’s is yet to be seen. BUT side stepping the absolute monetary control of the Central bankers could prove to be a disaster in the wings. Once in absolute power it is hard to get one or many to realize the death grip hold on it they maintain. The only “irreparable damage” to the current plan is the damage the central banks are going to incur with their current level of control over the monetary systems as a whole. They are being diminished in their ability to hold the world hostage, being the one’s with control of the supply has gotten them MANY concessions over the many decades since their inception.

Markets have been in confusion over the implications of the G20 deal last week instructing the IMF to issue $250bn (£170bn) in Special Drawing Rights, a hybrid instrument that lets governments around the world take out an overdraft but also contains the seeds of a global currency in is own right.

The market confusion is over who has the control over the monetarty system as a whole and the infighting as such has yet again left us with a loss of confidence. It has nothing to do with the amount of the funds or even the “Special Drawing Rights” afforded to many countries. It has to do with the fact that the “Central Bankers” aren’t the one’s controlling the stream of monies this time around. Now comparing it to a global currency in and of it’s self is somewhat of a misconception. This being that the IMF and the IMF only will be the controlling factor of the fund its what is at stake here.
The Central Bankers will not have a “SAY” as to who will get it and what rates etc. will be applied to said drawing rights in the first place. In other words they are losing a hell of a lot of money on this little venture the G20 has set up. Thus bypassing the exorberant fee’s normally attached to any monies drawn from a central bank entity’s.
The summit communique stated clearly that the purpose of the activating the Fund's SDR powers was to "inject $250bn into the world economy and increase global liquidity". This is separate from the move to tripple the IMF'fire-fighting fund to $750bn.

We where told this from the beginning of the release of said plans Now the question many should search out and find the answers to is the amount of the fee’s attached to such ventures sought by what ever country seeking the funds. I am sure one will be pleasantly surprised to find they are well below board as compared to the central bankers fee’s etc. for the same venture put forth sometime ago .In many cases the fee’s put forth by the central bankers where double and triple of the IMF set fee’s. This further set’s one on the course of understanding the true nature of “news” stories of this type.

If used to create liquidity, the plan turns the Fund into a proto-central bank for the world, running an expansionary monetary policy over the heads of existing central banks. It appears that G20 delegations from Germany and other EU states may signed the agreement in the rush last Thursday without studying the exact details.

AHHH yes the “proto-central bank! Of course this can be the only reason! The IMF is taking over all the central banks coffers ! Running a policy “OVER THE HEADS OF THE CURRENT CENTRAL BANKS” Here in lies our truth as to what this whole article of babbling money monger’s greed is all about! Signed the agreement in a rush? Not studying the details of the plan they cooked up in the first place? Hmmm something sounds fishy to me...What about you?

The use of SDRs on this scale poses a immediate threat to the ECB, which is worried about a resurgence of inflation once recovery begins. It has pursued a more restrictive "steady-as-you-go" policy than the Anglo-Saxons, Swiss, and Japanese.

This isn’t a worry, it is a bold faced threat from those who have had control all these decades. Anyone notice the yet again thrown around “Anglo-Saxon” “Swiss” Japanese” term? Seem’s to be getting thrown into everything that the bankers are not comfortable with these days.( Since beginning of March)Wonder if these will be the people’s thrown under the bus when the banker’s figure out a way to take back total control?

Dennis Snower, head of the IWF Institute in Kiel, said the scheme not only risks inflation down the road but also incubates future crises as badly-run countries are able to put off their day of reckoning. "If the international community does not take steps against this, the future bill for this stimulus could prove expensive," he said.
Dennis ,Dennis ,Dennis! Now what are we going to do with you? So we have a “scheme”? One that’s going to cause “already in line inflation” down the road? And allowing the IMF to hand out the funds instead of your masters is delaying everyone’s day of reckoning?
In case Dennis hasn’t been paying attention the stimulus packages so far have been VERY expensive to everyone but the bankers. The stimulus packages have already brought about a day of reckoning for all the middle class and those even below the middle class for years to come. The only steps that are going to be taken in the future are the one’s needed to keep people from starving and living on the streets of the people who still have home’s. The bill’s that Sir Dennis’s masters have rammed through up until now are the one’s that have tanked us beyond belief and cause a major problem not just in the mortgage sector but all sectors that pertain to banking. An accident? A case of mismanagement? Simple greed?

[edit on 7-4-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Continued.......

Or perhaps a well thought out, well planned, and even more so, well executed bid for absolute control that has blown up in ways they hadn’t foreseen.
You can only push so many people so far before they decide they are better off with a system that doesn’t include you. Or for that matter the old ways of doing things .Being held hostage only works for so long, being forced to pay out the nose only worksfor so long. Times is up, get used to it and get in line with the rest of the destitute and broke peoples of the world buddy.

The dispute between the ECB's hawks and policy-makers in the rest of the world stems from a deep disagreement about the nature of this crisis. The IMF fears that the globe is in the grip of self-feeding spiral akin to the events of the early 1930s. It has warned of widespread civil unrest and even wars if this process is allowed to unfold.

Here is this paragraph is the truth as they have never admitted before read it very carefully!
The dispute and deep disagreements about the nature of the crisis aren’t over a self feeding spiral. Nor the events of the 1930's manufactured crash.
They are simply over who is going to be in control and get the spoils of any programs that are put into place. Now something to pay very close attention to is the very last sentence in this article. It has been repeated and recycled over and over for the last 6 months!(ALSO during the 1930's en-mass) Either we do what they say and order us to do right now OR civil unrest and even WARS will result. Sound familiar my peoples?
Yes the 1930's we rife with this exact form of articles and veiled threats all from guess who? The Central Bankers! Plant the seed’s, put out the rumors and sooner or later they will pick up steam. Sooner than later you will have what is constantly thrown in your face by those paid to make it happen. Civil unrest, wars, rumors of wars and enough financial rumors to crash even the most healthy exchange/business.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Where are people going? The news will talk about people, particularly young adults, who (like marg said) are moving back in with family, or crashing with friends. More interesting, though, is the quiet squatters rebellion that's brewing. In some cases, the landowner is okay with this because it's better to have people squatting (and protecting the property from vandals) than to just leave a vacant house sitting there screaming "Rob me! Rob me! Take the copper plumbing -- it's valuable! Take the kitchen appliances! Tear open the walls and look for goodies! Rob me!"

reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

The unemployment rate of change is holding steady. We cannot continue to see a stock market rally while shedding 700k jobs per month. Something has to give. For the sake of my own unemployed, destitute arse; I hope like hell that you're right and everybody else is wrong.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

I was looking into squatters right a few weeks ago...seems to be catching on...

Good idea I think

Shucks...now I hear banks are walking away from houses...leaving the last mortgage holders with the bills...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The Chinese have a long-term plan to rule the world.

It is obvious that with the downfall of the American economy and the crisis that seems to have no end, China is the one that will become the winner at the end.

What China has been doing while US and the rest of the world are up to the neck on the economical crisis?

They are sitting on the biggest pot of money thanks to US and the insatiable need for money.

On Feb. 12, China's state-owned metals giant Chinalco signed a $19.5 billion deal with Australia's Rio Tinto (RTP) that will eventually double its stake in the world's second-largest mining company.

On Feb. 17 and 18, China National Petroleum signed separate agreements with Russia and Venezuela under which China would provide $25 billion and $4 billion in loans, respectively, in exchange for long-term commitments to supply oil.

On Feb. 19, the China Development Bank struck a similar deal with Petrobras (PBR), the Brazilian oil company, agreeing to a loan of $10 billion in exchange for oil.

Iran announced that it had signed a $3.2 billion agreement with a Chinese consortium to develop an area beneath the Persian Gulf seabed that is believed to hold about 8 percent of the world's reserves of natural gas

Nice to know that at least one country is taking advantage of the economic woes.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
When America Ruled the World

A short historical review of what was once a great nation.

America has been independant for 226 years.

1783 until 1946 US became the beacon of the world.

After world war ll while the rest of the world lie in shambles US became the power hosue manufacturing of the world, we no only build and help the rest of Europe but we build the best quality of everything and onl took two decades for US to become the US empire

United States ran trade surpluses of 2 percent to 4 percent of GDP. We regularly ran surpluses until the late 1970s. Since the late 1970s, the United States has run increasingly large trade deficits, reaching 6 percent of GDP in 2007. For the last three decades, Americans have tried to spend their way to prosperity.

What happend?!!!!!!!!

Very simple we allowed the erosion of governemnt and a steady take over by those that were not for the people and by the people.

The government politicians and their moneyed backers have sold the idea that Americans could be the thinkers for the world, while other countries could do the menial work of producing stuff. After thirty years we are left with a hollowed out economy of paper pushers. It may be a reach to transition the Wall Street geniuses who created MBSs, CDSs, and CDO’s into jobs building bridges. The manufacturing jobs are gone. Our workers are left to sweep the streets they used to own.

What a sad ending to once a great nation.

www.economyincrisis.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Braking news!!!!!!!!!!!

The president is to delay the figures on the bank stress review because it could cause more stress on the markets as they stand today.

So the figures will not be released until the end of April.

So people that means that the printing presses in the treasury department will be going on a new round of infusion to improve the Markets numbers

Incredible we are really down to constant life support now.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by marg6043]

top topics

<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join