It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 209
<< 206  207  208    210  211  212 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I woke up to it raining outside... in bright sunlight... never a good sign. Gonna be an interesting day.

World Leaders, We can unite to defeat this crisis
Yeah unite to an NWO style government.

Anyone else noticed the media using "one world government" a lot?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Real recovery?? No, More lies and fraud, yes

Global Derivatives - $1.4 QUADRILLION, Up 22% Worldwide…

$1.4 quadrillion equals $206,000 in derivative exposure for every man, woman, and child on the planet. We’re not just talking about us relatively rich and spoiled Americans, we’re talking about the true masses.

What does 1 Trillion look like So how much is $1.4 quadrillion dollars? Imagine the World Trade Center towers being made of solid masses of tightly packed $100 bills. And there are eight towers instead of two.

The Bank of International Settlements website (PDF) has it totaled at $1.5 Quadrillion - Page 108, the first line in Table 23A

A snippet from a CNBC article on the FASB MTM decision...

3) Bank stocks are rallying, partly on an optimistic tone from the G20, but also because the House of Representatives, in a new display of moderation, passed another executive compensation bill yesterday, which drops the 90 percent tax on bonuses for people that make more than $250,000 at firms receiving TARP money, and gives Treasury more discretion in deciding which bonuses are excessive.

Source

[edit on 4/2/09 by redhatty]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

The "Texas-ism response to that event is "The devil must be beatin' his wife..."
They have a saying for everything,LOL!

Yet more insanity:

Stock Futures Still up After Jobless Claims Jump

By MADLEN READ AP Business Writer
NEW YORK April 2, 2009 (AP) The Associated Press

(AP)Wall Street is still preparing to rally, even as data showed a surprisingly large jump in jobless claims.

The Labor Department said Thursday new jobless claims rose to 669,000 last week from the previous week's revised figure of 657,000.

Stock futures are paring gains, but remain sharply higher. Analysts had expected a modest decline.

Investors have been optimistic about an economic turnaround. They are also enthusiastic about world finance leaders' plans to increase funding for the International Monetary Fund and tighten regulation of hedge funds.

Dow futures are up 102, or 1.3 percent, at 7,820. Standard & Poor's 500 index futures are up 15.90, or 2 percent, at 825.10. Nasdaq 100 index futures are up 21.25, or 1.7 percent, at 1,272.25.

I do not get it. Against the "grain of all I thought I knew..."
But of course,I know now I knew nothing.

Could it be just a bounce before the actual "numbers" hit tomorrow?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Is there any way that a $1.5 Quadrillion derivative bubble doesn't ultimately destroy everything?

Like, have we already crossed the event horizon?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
uk.reuters.com...

US Audit Watchdog Studies Market To Market Changes...

This is what I found to be "interesting" and goes back to Hx3's hypothetical analysis post of last evening(page 207 about 1/2 way down the page):

"Under pressure from Congress, the FASB proposed allowing banks to exercise more judgment in determining if a market for an asset is inactive and if a transaction is distressed.

Mark-to-market requires assets to be valued at what they would fetch in a current market transaction. If the market is inactive, management may use other models to value the asset, which would most likely generate a higher price."

[edit on 2-4-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
New Jobless claims this week 669,000
expected: 650,000

Continuing claims - 5,728,000

Official UE numbers anywhere from 8.5 to 8.7% tomorrow - and that is from the magical doctoring that the .gov does to them

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

I rather think we should ask who opened the flood gates on the money and why? What is going to happen in the next few days that the rest of us don't know about? The fact that Japan of all places had a jump so far of over 7% (+1,000) in just one day is a major heads up sign!
You don't get numbers like this on just "rumors". You get them from market manipulation or straight insider trading keen on something the rest don't know. Think about the last time this happened.

Just had an idea. Do you guys know what/who's centeral bank other than the RBS and BoE that got a huge influx lately? RBS and the Boe have just been moving alot of money around to others lately so it isn't them. There has been way to many stories lately about "threats" from those crazy buggers we all love to hate. Either someone is going to get "it" or agreed to take it, if you know what I mean. ( I am leaning on Japan)

[edit on 2-4-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

I absolutely agree!
I'm literally tossing and turning at night because my head's spinning with possible scenarios and I'm just am not able to put all the pieces together....yet.

"Something wicked this way comes..." FOR SURE!

(The phrase "something wicked this way comes" originates in Act IV scene 1 of William Shakespeare's play Macbeth. The speaker is the second witch, whose full line is, "By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes." The wicked thing is Macbeth himself, by this point in the play a traitor and murderer.)

[edit on 2-4-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I *think* that this is the last "stick-save" left. If the Mark to model does not keep a rally going (and it probably won't) and the markets fall again in a week, month or couple months, there is nothing left for the PTB to pull out of their magic bag.

Ride this rally if you trade & make all you can while you can folks - because when it comes back down there is going to be no way to stop it - IMHO

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

1 WITCH. Thrice the brinded cat hath mew'd.
2 WITCH. Thrice and once, the hedge-pig whin'd.
3 WITCH. Harpier cries:—'tis time! 'tis time!
1 WITCH. Round about the caldron go;
In the poison'd entrails throw.—
Toad, that under cold stone,
Days and nights has thirty-one;
Swelter'd venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i' the charmed pot!
ALL. Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and caldron bubble.
2 WITCH. Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the caldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,—
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
3 WITCH. Scale of dragon; tooth of wolf;
Witches' mummy; maw and gulf
Of the ravin'd salt-sea shark;
Root of hemlock digg'd i the dark;
Liver of blaspheming Jew;
Gall of goat, and slips of yew
Sliver'd in the moon's eclipse;
Nose of Turk, and Tartar's lips;
Finger of birth-strangled babe
Ditch-deliver'd by a drab,—
Make the gruel thick and slab:
Add thereto a tiger's chaudron,
For the ingrediants of our caldron.
2 WITCH. Cool it with a baboon's blood,
Then the charm is firm and good.

Why do I think of the world in crisis when I reread Macbeth....?

It's one of my favorite plays.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Well this morning is stormy here in the south and terrible.

But is OK people.

Cramer said that the Depression is overrrrr the banks are in charge now

Disregard the Production numbers and the unemployment figures, the Markets are solid once again.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

I hate to admit it but you are right. I have been studying the data from preivious recessions/depressions for a while now and we are SO in line with the preivious ups and downs it isn't even funny anymore.
With the current numbers calculated to coincide with the past population(s) size's etc. we get an awefully similiar scenario.
It is so close to the way past crisis's played out I can't get past it. If it hasn't been done unpurpose, they are just plain idiots. But I honestly believe it is situation 1, because frankly no one who has had that much college training can even pretend to be that stupid yet alone get away with it.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Here's alittle Laugh for your morning by the way:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a24cebec62d.jpg[/atsimg]

and alittle news:
GMs Chief Optimistic about companies Health
Then why do you look so sad in your picture?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

I believe someone posted the charts for both of the market crashes and it showed an unbelievable trend. As in they were almost exactly the same.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Those are adorable cats, ( I am a dog lover), the fat cats in wall street don't even look as adorable as those babies there.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by theWCH
Is there any way that a $1.5 Quadrillion derivative bubble doesn't ultimately destroy everything?

Like, have we already crossed the event horizon?

Hmmm, the event horizon is all you can perceive; and the beyond, the "black hole", is your ability to understand and organize and finally reduce what you perceive - to pure knowledge.

This is a personal question in truth. Generally speaking, most people will feel the painful whip of reality, unable to go beyond, into safety of knowledge, the state of "being awake".

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Amen to that Sista'!

Techy-charts but some good info to back what you are saying:

(Graph # 1) Today’s rally came on higher volume then yesterday and the gap day of 3/30 and suggest the short term rally should continue to the next resistance area which is the gap level at 83 formed between 3/26 and 27. If the 83 gap area is tested on lighter volume then we could end up with a sell signal. Today’s Tick index closed at +1442 and at extreme level and shows exhaustion to the upside and implies the rally may not last to much longer. Still flat for now.
We still own ASTM a biotech stem cell reach company (but does not do stem cell research on embryo’s). Long POWR at 13.70 on 12/14/07.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6feeb6852ad9.jpg[/atsimg]

(Graph # 2) This graph shows what the intermediate term trend is about to do. The bottom window is the McClellan Summation index and the Bullish Percent index (BPI). These to indicators are unrelated but usually follow the trend of the market nicely. BPI has already turned down and warns that a top is not far off. The McClellan Summation index is starting to bend over but has not turned down yet. The second window from the bottom is the MACD which is also a trend following indicator. It to is bending over but has not turned down yet. The third window up form bottom is the daily RSI. Bear market rallies usually end near the 60 range and that level was reached last week. Either volume picks up now and pushes the market to new recent highs or a top will for most likely from near the 83 range on the SPY.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/431438269266.jpg[/atsimg]

It still appears to us that a potential “Three Drives to Top” is forming and the market is working on the third top now. Volume has decreased significantly over the last week both on the decline and rally and suggest the market is just hanging here. For a rally to continue, volume should increase and that is not what is happening here. The decline into the March 10 low retraced over 62% of the previous rally and gives credence that this is a “Three Drives to Top” pattern. Also the On Balance Volume hit extremes and is a short term negative along with the Accumation/Distrubtion indicator. Either market volume picks up here to push through the highs or market will have formed a “Three Drives to Top” pattern that has a downside target near 27 on GDX.
Sold PMU on 2/29/08 at 1.20, bought at .81 for gain of 48%. Long KRY at 1.82 on 2/5/08. We are long PLM at 2.77 on 1/22/08. Holding CDE (average long at 2.77 (doubled our position on 9/12/08 at 1.46). Bought NXG at 3.26 on 6/4/07. We doubled our positions in KGC on (7/30/04) at 5.26 and we now have an average price at 6.07. Long NXG average of 2.26.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
What the created financial crisis accomplish in an all corporate and financial ruled US government.

Never will the voters in America will see the for the peoples government the same again, because of the people it has not been for decades

Wall Street’s inordinate amount of influence on Washington policy was achieved through a combination of campaign contributions, an unwavering belief in the idea that the financial wizards making billions on transactions with nothing behind them knew best, and the fact that Wall Street has become akin to a minor league system for those in charge of regulating the financial industry.

With Wall Street holding the levers of American political power over the past two decades, financial wizards were able to end regulations separating commercial and investment banks. They also enacted a ban on the regulation of credit-default swaps, instituted a measure that allowed banks to judge their own financial health and passed a law increasing the amount of leverage investment banks were allowed to take on. Those lax regulations combined with a virtually absent Securities and Exchange Commission produced the excessive risk-taking that brought the world economy to its knees.

Still our markets has been reshaped to the face of the new type of government ruling the nation and in favor of the nations citizens is not.

The U.S. economic and financial crisis is akin to those seen in emerging markets in recent years, according to Simon Johnson, the former chief economist at the International Monetary Fund. Johnson was instrumental in restructuring the economies of South Korea, Malaysia, Russia and Argentina.

Writing for the Atlantic Online, Johnson said that those aforementioned crises and the one facing the U.S. are all connected by a similar thread: the fact that powerful elites in the financial industry hold so much sway among policymakers that they have the power to influence public policy in a way that is beneficial to themselves, but perhaps not for the country as a whole.

www.economyincrisis.org...

So people is over, the nations poppet masters now dicate that Americas crisis is over.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Macbeth and his wife Lady Macbeth

Is it possible that the market rally is simply the illusion created by inflation? Which will be felt by consumers a little later?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Well according to the charts I've seen, before going down again, to reflect the 1929 crash, today's market would have to go to around 7993 before going back down... another estimate is 8372... or up 30% from the bottom.

We'll soon see, we're gonna probably break 8000 today.

But if the market goes back down, they have no bullet left at all, except other stimulus and nationalization.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

new topics

top topics

<< 206  207  208    210  211  212 >>

join