It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 191
<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Star 4 U!!! (Only 1 is allowed
)

I wish to reply in kind...

I *attempt* to "Data-mine" everything that, as a "Human" borg, is possible...

...And for the "Details" vs "Over-View"...sometimes "Things" speak for their selfs...I know a "Borg" would never inject remarks such as I have, but, I'm only Human...

Short & Sweet...

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

"If Bucky Gets A Stiffy..."

Classic redhatty,I love it!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
YEEEE HAWWW...

Get yet Spit-Kickin' boots on Ya'll...

Asian Markets to open!!!

(Dang Borg implants acting up again...alcove time??? NOT)

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Damn...you are one hellaciously fabulous BORG!

I'm questioning the "timing" of the hack with G20 and all?

Is it a diversion or something to be interested in...hmmmm...we'll see,if they run on the banks,it will absolutely be more newsworthy.

G20 Protesters Face Police With Tasers:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Ouch.

World Leaders Prepare to Stall at G2 Summit:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

"Britain’s G20 ambitions were dealt another blow yesterday after it emerged that a deal on coordinated action to pump money into the world economy will be delayed until a second summit.

As world leaders began gathering in London, the Australian Prime Minister disclosed that negotiations over the level of a fiscal stimulus needed to prevent a worldwide depression will take place at the following G20, which will not be hosted by Gordon Brown."

[edit on 29-3-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Now is this a coincidence?

A fall summit is expected...

And...

Glenn Becks 9-12 thingy???

(Things that make ya go...Hmmmm...and yes it's a musical reference
)

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The G-20 is failing badly as *we* suspected...

Division will be their un-doing...

Russia is still calling for "new" currency intervention...

BHO/TTT comments will do nothing to bolster GM/ect prospects...

If the market moves up...I fear manipulation has run to the open high ground...

If so, get out now...

*WE* see the obvious signs...

"Run to the Hills"...(Iron Maiden...
)

...And the first shot heard is...

NZSE 50 2,628.25 6:02PM ET -25.23 (-0.95%)

[edit on 3/29/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Say it ain't so???

Ummm....I'm not thinkin' Americans can pay for any sort of "Global Bailout."

Chit.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Love that song.

2nd line.

I'm predicting the overseas markets will be DOwn.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Since when, in a free market country, does the POTUS ever tell a companies CEO to quit? Welcome to the New Amerika, comrades.

GM CEO resigns at Obama's behest

The Obama administration asked Rick Wagoner, the chairman and CEO of General Motors, to step down and he agreed, a White House official said.

On Monday, President Obama is to unveil his plans for the auto industry, including a response to a request for additional funds by GM and Chrysler.

Wagoner’s resignation was one of the remarkable strings attached to the new aid package the administration is offering GM, based on recommendations from the Presidential Task Force on the Auto Industry, headed by the Treasury Department.

The White House confirmed Wagoner was leaving at the government's behest after The Associated Press reported his immediate departure, without giving a reason.

The surprise announcement about the classically iconic American corporation is perhaps the most vivid sign yet of the tectonic change in the relationship between business and government in this era of subsidies and bailouts.

Wagoner has been CEO for 8 years and at GM for more than 30. The company has not said who will replace him. GM has received $13.4 billion in government aid, and has been seeking $16.6 billion more.

Industry sources had said the White House planned very tough medicine in Monday's announcement, which turned out to be an understatement. And it went to the very top. The measures to be imposed by the government will have a dramatic effect on workers, unions, suppliers, bondholders, shareholders, retirees and the communities where plants are located, the sources said.

More at link

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

You really need to get them "slackers" to switch da TV's to CNBC or Bloomberg...even if they turn the volume down...

Spending time in da Gym to tone yer "tight bod'"
is one thing, but, being you missed that Treasury slip days ago...Hmmm...

BTW: hard tight bod's is a big turn-on to emotionless Borg...no matter what the Collective says...

[edit on 3/29/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I always put on one of those stations during cardio,they don't even notice as there are 4 TV's going and as long as there are cooking classes and "Hydroxy Cut" commercials,they are all happy.

Trust me: working out is keeping me from killing someone right about now,LOL!

I still have T bills but the rest is just sitting and will stay that way.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Off topic a bit, but I want to buy you all a cyber cocktail! I was certain I had flagged this thread 175 pages ago, but apparently not...so I am happy to give this thread it's VERY well deserved 69th flag!!!
Drinks all around! Keep up the fabulous work.
I think that it would be great if someone could somehow print this entire thread. It is excellent documentation of the historic times we are living!

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Elostone]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Hells Bells...

Not really...

Hell I'd resign...I don't need no stinkin' POTUS to advise me otherwise...

Reminds of the scandel over the Sec of "something" resigning when the Gov found out a Comet (Depression/End-Game) was going to wipe us out..."Deep Impact"...

Hell I'd get out also...and spend time on more important things...

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

Star for U!

You are very right my friend...since I joined ATS,this thread has provided me me LOTS of accurate info,more than a little humor,a bit of frustration,and most of all I'm secure in knowing that there really ARE super-smart and generous people out there who really do "get it."

Being one of the "sheeple" right about now is dangerous as I see it.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I'm thinking he was VERY wise to step down: he may have gotten a whiff of the stink to come?
He can hold his head up knowing he didn't sell out what is left of the company or employees at the very least.
It's just soooo messed up.

Here goes Timmy G again: The Market Won't Solve The Problem:

www.google.com...

"WASHINGTON (AP) — Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner defended his approach to fixing the country's economic mess Sunday, saying "the market will not solve this" while disclosing a bailout fund for battered banks has $135 billion left and might need more."

I am hearing the sound of that other stilleto dropping.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Here, Here! girly-girlfriend!
2nd!!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

Star 4 U!!!

Good idea!!!

Being as I've already Assimilated my 2009 Depression Thread...
(I'd advise you to browse through that as well...)

...guess Assimilating this would be prudent as well...
(It will take many "clickeys" to accomplish, but, can be done...)

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Now we will get to witness how long GM lasts when the entire deal will be worked out by the government.

Let's wager on this, I say 4 months max before they are back at the trough.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Holy Crow Batman!!! Seems Canada just busted our Pres and his Carbon Tax initiative to bits

Obama’s involvement in Chicago Climate Exchange--the rest of the story

Good news to know that the truth will always out--even when you’re Barack Obama.

“Obama Years Ago Helped Fund Carbon Program He Is Now Pushing Through Congress” is a FOXNews story by Ed Barnes. In short, “While on the board of a Chicago-based charity, Barack Obama helped fund a carbon trading exchange that will likely play a critical role in the cap-and-trade carbon reduction program he is now trying to push through Congress as president.”

The charity was the Joyce Foundation on whose board of directors Obama served and which gave nearly $1.1 million in two separate grants that were “instrumental in developing and launching the privately-owned Chicago Climate Exchange, which now calls itself “North America’s only cap and trade system for all six greenhouse gases, with global affiliates and projects worldwide.”

And that’s only the beginning of this tawdry tale, Mr. Barnes.

The “privately-owned” Chicago Climate Exchange is heavily influenced by Obama cohorts Al Gore and Maurice Strong.

For years now Strong and Gore have been cashing in on that lucrative cottage industry known as man-made global warming.

Strong is on the board of directors of the Chicago Climate Exchange, Wikipedia-described as “the world’s first and North America’s only legally binding greenhouse gas emission registry reduction system for emission sources and offset projects in North America and Brazil.”

MUCH more at link

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Ah...not exactly...

Their "Economy guys" are expecting a turn around later this year...
(Haven't ya heard???
)

BHO/TTT/BB are "Betting the Bank" on this highly regarded insider info...

...To bad...

new topics

<< 188  189  190    192  193  194 >>

join