It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 187
<< 184  185  186    188  189  190 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Wow, man this could take a really big turn, how crazy would it be to see a revolution against the government by government officials. On one hand that is hope for an American Revolution on the other hand that is pretty crazy stuff.

But on the far left side of things, Clinton said part of Obama's foreign policy would be to get involved in womens reproductive rights.

This is going to be a brutal 4 years. Hopefully there will be a decent politician that will actually clean up the corruption in Washington. I mean there is not one reason why the Sergeant At Arms should not be called in and arrest 3/4 or more of Washington on felony perjury charges at the least.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Yeah the America Corp and Corp elite have really screwed themselfs this time..."State'r" Citizens who don't see this are going to get quite a show soon enough I fear...
===
Gold $921.05
(Market related...
)

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Yea, I agree I don't think people realize that the people with the guns are getting P.O'd to the point of doing something at this point. I really don't want to see it happen though, if a revolution were to happen it would be a bloody bloody revolution.

Just to keep it on topic also

Looks like they are saying Asia has technically entered a bull market. My apologese(sp?) if this has already been posted.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Sure...when ya cook the books and game the numbers, while saying everythings all right...hmmm...

People are so gulable...just like little children when scared...

It'll be ok baby...daddys here...nothing can hurt you now...
*scraping of axe on floor...*

===
Feeder Cattle 93.40 -0.325
Pork Bellies 89.05 0.05
Lean Hogs 60.475 -0.05
Live Cattle 84.325 0.05

How'd ya like all the T.J. Quotes I threw in on that thread?

[edit on 3/27/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

That they are, I think the reason why is a combination of those things you mentioned and people more worried about keeping their families head above water. I know one thing though all that is about to change matter if the powers that be like it or not.

I like the TJ quotes, its weird people back in older times seemed to be a whole lot smarter and a lot tougher than they are now.

Copper Mar 09 1.8335 Mar 27 Down 0.016 (0.87%)
Silver Mar 09 13.251 Mar 27 Down 0.356 (2.62%)

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Obviously this guy is lying. Anyone who has been looking at China's moves in the last 10 years knows they are well-poised to force a run on the dollar and replace the dollar with something new. Even the Yuan itself.

blogs.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
AIG director named to Obama tax task force(ATSNN)

[edit on 28-3-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

LAYOFF DAILY
3-27-2009

Gibson, Dunn and Crutcher -36
Topeka Metal Specialties -18
Shilo Industries -87
City of Antioch -20
Liberty Aerospace -14
Standard Ethanol LLC -24
Lionsgate -45
Pratt and Whitney -1,500
Daily Herald -24
Walmart Closes Optical Lab -650
Tyson Closing Lunch Meat Plant -580
Nautilus -40
Ft. Wayne Foundry -226
City of Milwaukee -1,400
Pitts. Post-Gazette Furloughs -167
SC Naval Museum -11
City of Jackson MI -18
Disney World -800
University of Alabama System -1,000
University of Florida -140
Impinj RFID Co. -23
Perhaps this will put the
Aleris In Indiana Closing Plant -50
Warren City Police -20
Snowline School District -19
Guilford County NC Schools -90
Alcoa Empolyees Last Day -450
Univ. Of N. Carolina Greensboro -100

TOTAL - In the 7,000+ range

also -

The Weekly Layoff Report: Double-Digit Days
Klaus Kneale, 03.27.09, 06:27 PM EDT

More than 9,000 jobs were cut at America's biggest companies this week.

-excusssseeeee me - can we please include even the little companies -
We saw 9,000 cut in one day - A little BS to go with your breakfast...

cont....
Layoffs are causing tension everywhere now. The manager of a 3M plant in France was held hostage by angry workers for more than a day this week after it was announced that 110 of the 235 employees at the plant would be let go.

According to U.S. Department of Labor data released Friday, seven states are now enduring double-digit unemployment. In California, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island and South Carolina between 10.1% and 12% are out of work. (Highlights of the week's activity are recorded by the Forbes.com Layoff Tracker, which counts the layoffs at all the nation's 500 largest corporations.)

ALSO -
Johnson Controls Update Closing 10 Plants
Jobs Lost In FL During Feb. -75,000
Connecticut Last Month - 14,300
Expedia Layoffs
Paper Converting Machine Co. Furloughs
Merck Layoff Rumors

[edit on 28-3-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Star 4 U!

You found my City in the list today!

The 18 in Jackson, Mi are mostly Police and a few county workers...
===
Cocoa 2588 -19
Coffee 115.95 -1.50
Cotton 43.25 -0.62
Lumber 147 -2
Orange Juice 77 -0.20
Sugar 13.47 -0.23

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Isn't that convenient...

Geez this is really upsetting me!!!

We got Golden Slacks, Citi, JP Morgan & AIG running the Country now...

This is really way to much...like rubbing our face in it...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Especially after that Rolling Stone story on AIG and the crap they've gotten away with at our expense. It makes you truly realize just how contrived this whole mess actually is.

People need to go to jail.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

This is collusion, fraud, theft, ect

What a show...we're so mad at them...we'll hire them!!!

We need go book cookers in the Government!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
What's Disturbing About The Truth?

Maybe someone can tell me what is "disturbing" about the following video:

Allegedly:

"He was scheduled this week to appear on the "Jerry Doyle Show" when he told the radio host that Obama had personally invited him to meet in the White House "to discuss the disturbing nature of the videos."

I've watched it. Exactly what is "disturbing"?

That our government works for us, and that the people have an inalienable right to enforce this fact? Ever read The Declaration of Independence, the document that led to the foundation of this nation? Let me help you:

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Seems rather clear to me.

That our Congress voted for the largest spending bill without reading it?

That Congress was told (several times) to enforce our immigration laws and has refused?

That illegal immigrants have no right to the common weal of our nation but Congress continues to insist that they do?

That Congress was told (at a level of 300:1 against) to NOT pass the EESA/TARP, and they ignored us?

That we the people indeed have spent our time watching American Idol and playing with consumer products bought with insoluble debt instead of discharging the duties of Citizenship?

That citizenship is not a spectator sport, and that the Declaration above gives us as Citizens the absolute right, as a collective group of people, to march on Washington DC, peaceably assemble there and through non-violent means demand that all 535 clowns in the Capitol resign - refusing to leave or permit ordinary commerce in that city (again, through non-violent civil disobedience) until they do?

That the people have every right to demand the redress called for in that video be passed as law and put into force - now?

That if we the people do not demand the cessation of these abuses that we are on a path today that will, with mathematical certainty, lead to the ruin of our nation, the loss of civil and political order, and that you will need a firearm to defend your person and property from those who would take advantage of the loss of that civil order and, quite possibly, to prevent the formation a different government in that political vaccum that would be completely unrecognizable to those who have actually read our Constitution?

All of the above are facts, not opinions.

Perhaps - just perhaps - did a few tea bags show up in Washington DC?

I along with many others have called for them to be sent.

Our government exists only because we the people grant it power over our lives. This is not because government has rights - it is because our creator endowed us with inalienable rights, among them life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

If you don't believe this, you're not an American.

Government in fact has no rights. All rights flow from creation, and government creates nothing. Government in fact steals for all it acquires, but we the people consent to that theft in the form of taxation so that order, as we direct, may flow from law.

That is, government acquires privileges only as we the people direct, and we the people have the absolute right to revoke those privileges, in part or full, any time we the people so choose.

The founding fathers not only understood this they were willing to die for it.

Some of them, in fact, did.

We the people today are indeed cowards in the main. Rather than demand that our government - OUR GOVERNMENT - do as we direct we instead returned nearly all of the representatives and senators who voted for the EESA/TARP against our explicit instruction to office in an election held just a couple of weeks later!

Is it any wonder that Congress feels free to allow con men in the "banking industry", both foreign and domestic, to literally steal nearly $100 billion dollars of our money through a "bailout" of AIG, passed through the firm as a conduit to banks around the world?

Is it any wonder that The Federal Reserve feels perfectly free to ignore strictures in its enabling legislation that prohibit it from holding equity stakes in assets of both AIG and the failed firm Bear Sterns, in the process (it appears) intentionally overpaying by $30 billion dollars?

Is it any wonder that The Federal Reserve felt perfectly free to give the finger to an FOIA request filed by Bloomberg News seeking to determine who had been bailed out and with what funds, specifically?

Is it any wonder that both Democrat and Republican candidates for President voted for the EESA/TARP - a bill that gave Henry Paulson plenary authority to spend $700 billion dollars we did not have, despite being told by their constituents - the population of this nation, by a 300:1 margin - to vote "NO" - and we, less than a month later, elected one of them President, despite the presence of other candidates on the ballots of all fifty states?

Is it any wonder that when the first half of that money was spent in a form and fashion other than Mr. Paulson stated it would be that Congress felt perfectly comfortable in doing nothing about it - not even revoking authority to spend the second half of the funds?

Is it any wonder that our government has felt "perfectly ok" more than doubling the public float of debt in The United States when one considers all pledged and funded bailout actions - events that have added more than eight trillion dollars of both funded and committed bailout monies to a public float that previously was six trillion?

Is it any wonder that our Congress and our Judiciary has ignored the blatant acts of fraud in our financial system for more than ten years, including but not limited to the Appraisers Petition signed by thousands of independent property appraisers, the Madoff scandal which they were notified of more than a decade ago, the alleged fraud at Stanford which they also knew of, millions of fraudulent mortgage applications, cooked appraisals, credit default swaps written with no capacity to pay, naked (illegal) short selling, intentionally false rumors and massive insider trading linked to them, obvious leaks of confidential government activity (and trades placed upon that information) prior to its pubic release, and literally hundreds of firms who reported "profits" that in fact were the fruit of poisonous activity, calling into question whether these profits were ever actually earned? All this and much more occurred over the last twenty years, yet you can count on your fingers the number of actual and meaningful prosecutions of people from the top down that were involved in these outrageous acts that fleeced Americans to the tune of trillions of dollars.

None of these things are, or should be "wonders".

We've been too busy watching American Idol to be bothered with discharging our duties of citizenship in The United States.

Citizenship is not a spectator sport, and we the people have been called out - and found wanting.

If you want to keep your nation, America, it is long past the time when you should be off your duff and making clear to your government that this sort of blatant fraud, theft and corruption will not be tolerated, it will stop, and that each and every person responsible will be indicted, tried, and if convicted go to prison - right here and now - no matter how "well-connected" they are.

Period.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

star 4 U!

Very Nice!!!

At first I thought I was on the other thread I recently created

If you you want to Re-Post it there be my guest!!!

Crazy Rep. Michele Bachmann Calls for Armed Revolution
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Will do....

Done

KD says it well, doesn't he?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander

Hey, can you post some essay on the inevitable collapse of the US economy apart from what I've been reading to scare the traders kakaless, so my prediction would go ahead as scheduled? I want the Dow to close above 8k on April 1 the Fool's Day, not before. I have secret reasons for that. Too secret to reveal now; the Chinese connection, you know . . .
afgen.com...

Thanks, Pause.
Nice loss right there.
www.google.com...: DJI

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...
That surely did it. Supernaturalonionization is the best motif for a horror story that gives any trader restless sleep.

[edit on 3/28/2009 by stander]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

I want the Dow to close above 8k on April 1 the Fool's Day.

You never know. Potus might announce his resignation...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
There is nothing disturbing about that video. They are simply simulating it.
Ranting about how government is to serve people is totally empty and passive "action". This whole "case" is just another attractor they have created to channel people's surplus energy (simulated anger). It is the same as the "anger" after bonuses and yachts and Lear jets... Small bones to gnaw on. Sad.

It supports and promotes belief that state is supposed to serve the public interest, which is absolutely not true - it never was true and it never will be true.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by stander

I want the Dow to close above 8k on April 1 the Fool's Day.

You never know. Potus might announce his resignation...

Ummm . . . I don't thinks that would ever happen. But if Obama resigns, things get quite unpredictable for sure.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Ummm . . . I don't thinks that would ever happen.

stander, we're talking 1st day of the fourth month. Obe makes his announcement, markets rocket, you take the system to the cleaners, bet all on the crash to end all crashes by the end of the year or just go right ahead and throw everything into property right away.

PM on all networks: the Top Man says 'April Fools!' - and it's business as usual.

Are you asleep or under some as yet unspecified influence?..

new topics

top topics

<< 184  185  186    188  189  190 >>

join