It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 162
<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by elston
WTO %9 drop in trade.

www.bloomberg.com...

Yeah! More great news. Let's buy, buy, buy. The markets will keep going up, back to 14,000 maybe 15,000. How are people seeing the rainbow? Just announcing a plan doesn't make it so. Timmy made some statements, didn't actually do anything. His "satements" would take much time to put into effect and who knows what will happen between now and then. WTF?

The markets are being irrational and pumped. Reality will set in eventually. In the mean time, don't go against the trend in my opinion. When that trend will end BEATS ME.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I read that article this morning - IMF warning...they are using the
***War*** word!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Also this ties in with the Global European Anticipation Bulletin's warning
GEAB Charts

According to LEAP/E2020, there are only two options left for the G20 leaders who gather next April 2nd in London: either they rebuild a new international monetary system, creating the conditions for a new global system that involves all the main global players, and reducing the crisis to a maximum of 3 to 5 years; or they strive to prolong the current system, thrusting the world into a decade long tragic crisis starting at the end of 2009

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Exactly -

This excerpt from your link pretty much sums it up doesn't it?
Who do they think they are kidding? Is the writing not on the wall?

Perhaps - they can still fool those who haven't lost their jobs or homes yet.

Foreclosures Climb
Home foreclosures were up 30 percent in February from a year earlier, according to RealtyTrac Inc., an Irvine, California-based seller of default data. A total of 290,631 properties got a default or auction notice or were seized by banks. Properties that received a foreclosure filing for the first time totaled 161,976, the highest in RealtyTrac records dating to January 2005.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Companies buying each other, that's it.
The reality is grim for people, whose income is not going to rise, and especially for those already jobless.
Financial market is now redistributed among the top players and that's why there is a surge in "trading". Dow and other trading indexes that we follow here don't take in account what is going on on the lower levels of the economical bubble.

There's plenty to read about this crisis, but it simply is not reflected on the stock market screen.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Screw the Amero the Euro already exists why not go with that instead of the dollar.

www.bloomberg.com...

This is getting just plain nuts. It seems like every couple of hours they are coming up with new ideas on how to change the world we know.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
A lil' "Black Rock" with that soup?

www.bloomberg.com...

HUGE jump up in value,this is apparently how/why the numbers are pumping up.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Star 4 U!

Now...who owns Blackrock?

What's their motivation for doing something like this?

I smell'z a Rat in the Silo...

Bet it's some kind of circular thingy...taking money out of one pocket and putting it in the other...

Shall we look into this...I say yea!!!
Let's get to it...

Morgan Stanley and BlackRock: A fact file
www.hedgeweek.com...

Merrill Won’t Sell Bloomberg, BlackRock Stakes
dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com...

UPDATE 2-BlackRock profit dives on fees slump, write-downs
www.forbes.com...

:snip:

Bank of America Corp owns 4.9 percent of the common shares outstanding of BlackRock, while PNC Financial Services Group Inc owns 47 percent of its common shares. If preferred shares are also taken into account, then Bank of America owns 49 percent of BlackRock and PNC owns 33 percent.
...See that wasn't hard...big scam...banks are going to bid against themselfs...drive up prices...screw us...
]

BTW: CNBC is showing a interview with Tiny Taxcheat Timmy...
This should be a laugh...fluffy gobs of dribblin' dog droppin's...

[edit on 3/23/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Yup...it gets juicy over at "Black Rock":

"On a fully diluted basis, assuming the vesting of a performance-based long-term incentive plan and other programs, BlackRock employees and the public own approximately 38 per cent of the firm and The PNC Financial Services Group (PNC) retains a 62 per cent majority stake from its 1995 acquisition of BlackRock. In 1999, the firm completed an initial public offering of 14 per cent of its common stock."

What was that showing up: PIC???Connection???

I'm finding PIC as Kuiat Petrochemical Industry Company...probably not connected to Black Rock but I'm mole-ing around.

Okay...scratch that train of thought but...

READ THIS:
www.hedgeweek.com...

Ties to Morgan Stanley,Merrill Lynch,and f-ing CITIGROUP acted as the "sole financial advisor" in the latest "global investment player" aka the new and improved Black Rock.

I believe many of are correct in assuming it's just the next course of warmed over chit being served up to us while the asshats get their meal in full?

Re-packaged and re-loaded all the better to short you with!

Cluster f***ing at it's finest,they most likely ARE all buying each others assets! Or is that asses.

I'm starting to become very disgusted by it all.
Good thing there is semi-sanity here!

[edit on 23-3-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Are you all paying attention to the volume? It is extremely low for the amount of money being swapped around today. I still, as stated earlier, feel like this is a suckers rally being created by those in the know in order to make money off of the shorts before the change the short rules in the coming weeks. The market shot way up and stabilized and has been stabilized for hours. Thats a big red flag.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by LeaderOfProgress]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

I agree with you.
It's not hanging as you say and I think it's all a set up for something else.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

PNC Financial Services
en.wikipedia.org...

:snip:

PNC Bank is the flagship subsidiary of the PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. Based out of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, PNC Bank offers consumer and corporate services in nearly 800 branches in Delaware, the District of Columbia, Florida, Virginia, Kentucky, New Jersey, Ohio, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. PNC owns about 35% of publicly traded fund manager BlackRock, which specializes in fixed-income products. BlackRock merged with Merrill Lynch Investment Managers in October 2006.

In June 2003, PNC Bank agreed to pay $115 million to settle federal securities fraud charges after one of its subsidiaries fraudulently transferred $762 million in bad loans and other venture-capital investments to hide them from investors.[2] PNC acquired the former United National Bancorp based in Bridgewater, New Jersey in 2004, and later announced that it would buy the Riggs National Bank which operates in the Washington, DC area. PNC successfully completed the acquisition of Riggs in 2005 after the banks resolved a disagreement on the acquisition price.
it's all a big scam...we're scroomed...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I checked the market and looks booming today with all stocks going out the roof.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Agreed.
I think some of knew it when we saw the markets today?

People are correct: the volumes/amounts don't hang.

I literally skimmed today's posts before that lightbulb went off.
AND,If I can get it,I KNOW many others do as well???

"BlackRock, which manages about $1.3 trillion in assets, has received government contracts in the past year to oversee securities from insurer American International Group Inc. and debt formerly held by Bear Stearns Cos."

"BlackRock will take part in programs outlined today by the Treasury that will purchase loans and set up funds to buy mortgage-backed securities, Fink, chief executive officer of New York-based BlackRock, said today in an interview"

Am I in parallel universe again or are they getting away with bloody MURDER???

So what's the bigger issue and plan oh wise ones?

Gonna' go pull weeds in my garden.I kill silk plants but figure I'd best get good at making veggies.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Dow Jones Industrial Average 7,655.83 2:52pm ET 377.45 (5.19%)
S&P 500 INDEX,RTH 809.10 2:53pm ET 40.56 (5.28%)
NASDAQ Composite 1,524.44 2:53pm ET 67.17 (4.61%)
===
FTSE 100 3,952.81 12:35PM ET 109.96 (2.86%)
CAC 40 2,869.57 1:13PM ET 78.43 (2.81%)
DAX 4,176.37 12:45PM ET 107.63 (2.65%)
===
Gold $951.05
Oil $53.79

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Okay...will it start to fall?
Has been this time of day for a couple of weeks now or will it hold?

REEKS of manipulation to me.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

I have no idea anymore which way the Ill wind will blow...

Makes no sense to me...as Spock would say...

Illogical Captain...Dr McCoy is an irrational human being...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic

Okay...will it start to fall?
Has been this time of day for a couple of weeks now or will it hold?

REEKS of manipulation to me.

It will stop when they recycle trillion dollars

It's all their show and nobody else.
The question is what are they going to do with credit cards bubble, because without people buying - where are they?

A holographic projection in the skies

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Yup...makes no sense to me either.I think Mr. Spock would be better able to try and translate it all for us than the clowns on the "bridge" currently.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Here's Denninger's explanation, and it makes sense:

Let's say that I am a bank ("financial institution") with $100 billion in "toxic assets". I have them on my balance sheet at 80 cents on the dollar. The market has them marked at 30 cents. We do not know what the held-to-maturity performance will be, since that requires knowing the future, although for the moment let's assume that they are cash-flowing at the present time. What I (the bank) do know, however, is that if I sell them at 30 cents I take a monstrous loss - perhaps enough to force me under Tier Capital limits and thus render me subject to an FDIC enforcement action. I therefore will not sell for 30 cents so long as I have any belief whatsoever that the cash flow - or any government subsidy - will exceed that value. If I, as a "financial institution" can participate as a bidder in these auctions I can foist off my loss onto the taxpayer. Here is how I can rig the game so as to avoid an otherwise-inevitable loss: * I become a "bidder" and "bid" on my own assets at 75 cents. * I am providing 5 or 10% of the money. The rest is covered by Treasury, The Fed and the FDIC via guaranteed bond issuance. * The loan, ex my contribution, is non-recourse. That is, I can lose 5 or 10% of the total portfolio purchased, but nothing more. Now the "assets" (a passel of CDOs?) turn out to be worthless. I lose 5% of $75 billion, or $3.75 billion that I put up, plus the other nickel on the original mark, but that's all. The taxpayer gets hosed for the remaining $71.25 billion dollars.

This program has the potential to shift literally $500 billion or more in losses onto the taxpayer, not through the operation of "bad luck" but rather through what amounts to a bid rigging operation.

market-ticker.denninger.net...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Dow Jones Industrial Average 7,679.72 3:18pm ET 401.34 (5.51%)
S&P 500 INDEX,RTH 811.37 3:18pm ET 42.83 (5.57%)
NASDAQ Composite 1,530.63 3:18pm ET 73.36 (5.03%)

look at 'em go....

Hope it all works out for 'em...

Mo money...Mo money...

new topics

top topics

<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join