It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 143
<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
...And more on a new world reserve currency...

Dollar as world’s only reserve currency is illegal, Kazakhstan president says
english.pravda.ru...

A new world currency must be created under the aegis of the United Nations Organization, Kazakhstan’s President Nursultan Nazarbayev stated during his speech at the 21st Congress of the Eurasian Association of Universities in Astana.

“We need to switch to an absolutely new global currency system based on a legitimate and, from the point of view of all countries, joint monetary unit. All countries must participate in its issuance and regulation,” Interfax quoted Nazarbayev as saying.

The Kazakh president believes that the present financial system in the world does not meet the requirements of today and does not correspond to the currency system stability criteria – “the system that we all rely on, under which we all live in international trade,” as Nazarbayev put it.

“World currency is de jure not legal because it was never accepted by any communities, any organizations and there is no such law in the world,” the president of Kazakhstan said.

“The procedure of the activity of the world currency issuer is not democratic. The mechanism of the balance of demand and supplies of the world currency is uncompetitive and constrained,” Nazarbayev said. “The world currency market is not related to civilized markets, whereas the system to issue the world currency is not controllable,” he continued.

Nazarbayev stated that many countries offered their models to reform the currency and financial system in connection with the world crisis. He particularly reminded the idea of German Chancellor Angela Merkel to set up an economic board at the UN to work on the issue.

The leaders of Russia and Kazakhstan have made a number of statements since the beginning of the new year setting out their support to various financial projects. Nazarbayev expressed his idea of a new joint world currency created under the UN’s aegis during his recent visit to India. “I think that we need to have the fair world currency, but not with one issuer only, as it happens now,” he stated.

Russia ’s Prime Minister Putin said during the recent World Economic Forum in Davos that the world needs to proceed to the model of several reserve currencies. However, Both Putin and Nazarbayev stressed out the need to defend economies against the dollar. Putin said that the world’s overdependence on the dollar as the world’s only reserve currency, was dangerous for the global economy.

An official spokesman for the press service of the International Monetary Fund told Itar-Tass that the issue, which Nursultan Nazarbayev touched upon, was very interesting, although it had not been studied thoroughly yet.
...seems to be quite a few discussions floating around about this...

I guess we'll see if March 25th brings anything...

Wish we knew more so we could go blow our wad on Sit-X supplys...

===
Gold $960.00

[edit on 3/19/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
KD says Actions Have Consequences

Yeah, I'd love to know how urgent Sit-X supplies are going to be in the immediate future.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Is our next venture the Euro??????
Will the CFT allow this????
Interesting talk on Wall Street today in reaction to the world announcements.
Am glad to have pulled everything out last October...very glad!!!
Did not make much....did not leave myself open to loosing it all however!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

You know what it bothers me the most, that while the fed is stuffing paper for banks to keep them afloat, how about rescuing the tax payer and credicard holders in this nation.

How about cleaning the debt of the consumers.

It seems unfair that while banks get all the protection from the tax payer the tax payer is not getting anything but more debt.

Yes we all at fault with our irresistible hunger for cheap goods and consumerism.

But guess what so is the fault of bank for their corruption, greed and mismanagement.

Is time the tax payer demand something more than just crumbs from the government and the fed, how about a clean start.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by notsomadhatter

Before the American patriots allows another currency it will be a revolution.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Putting anything under the UN right now is a huge mistake for any country. The UN just finished an audit on themselves and have yet to implement any kind of change to cure the problem they have with mismanagement. The audit done by an independent company outside the UN found massive loss and mismanagement from the bottom all the way to the head of the UN.
Many of the programs they have to help around the world are fragmented into several groups and each group although working on the same set of problems for any given country is behaving as a seperate entity and WASTING MILLIONS. Much of which was double payments by seperate sections of the same program or highly over paid contractors and buildings/furnishings for said section's. The auditor's also found that the fragmenting of many sectors was most likely the cause and recommended to the head of the UN that he get them inline "before" it got worse. All he did was tell "his" section what to fix and the others didn't hear of anything.... finding's of auditor's.
I have the pdf of the auditer's find's saved on my computer somewhere will find it and see if I can upload it to the media portal here.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

...And more from KD's earlier blogs...

FED: Collateral for TALF Expanded
market-ticker.org...

* DIRTNEWS: The Fed announced today that TALF collateral has been expanded to include bags of dog squeeze, used condoms and plasma.

** ADDENDUM: Fed considering accepting barf from pubs; determining the viability of collection devices in bar restrooms.
...Now mind you Fitchs has rated all these AAA so you can rest easy...

===
Dow Jones Industrial Average 7,400.80 4:03pm ET -85.78 (-1.15%)
S&P 500 INDEX,RTH 784.04 4:14pm ET -10.31 (-1.30%)
NASDAQ Composite 1,483.48 4:14pm ET -7.74 (-0.52%)
===
FTSE 100 3,816.93 12:35PM ET 11.94 (0.31%)
CAC 40 2,776.99 1:03PM ET 16.65 (0.60%)
DAX 4,043.46 12:45PM ET 47.14 (1.18%)
===
Citigroup Inc. C (NYSE) 4:16pm 03/19/2009
Pre-Market After Hours $2.67 Change: +0.04 +1.52% Volume: 2,844,532

US Dollar Index Future - Spot Price. DXY (INDEX) 83.03 -1.57 -1.85%
===
Gold $958.35
Oil $51.41

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Okay I uploaded the pdf but don't see any kind of link line so I just copied the page url...Any help would be helpful If this isn't the right way to do it guys.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

to add:
This is a chart of just the environmental governance system...its a mess as you can see!

media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

ummm. I think that on the global money market scene..it's way toooo late!!
Unless of course the Revolution starts right now..
THIS VERY SECOND !!!!

I have a feeling that our market will crash like a holey zeppelin tomorrow......

oh yeah...we are truly experiencing the last of the Champagne Days!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

In this days of stress and loses specially for all of us American citizens in this nation, you just lighted up my day.

For the first time I am feeling sorry for my government and even the fed, because as usual we the citizens will survive, but will them?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

300 million citizens plus illegal immigrants.. /.. a few thousand people in government... I do believe there is alot more of us teehee We would have the upper hand if it all fell apart because we have the means and ways to survive amongst ourselves. They have some food stashes and the army. They would eventually have to ask all of US to help THEM.

sorry typos have a migraine

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

If they plan on setting up any kind of control structure like that chart you posted, I'll be surprised if they can find their arse from their face.

This is crazy, I'm a firm believer in KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Well I would have to agree being that the chart is JUST the environmental sector! Imagine how bad the rest must be, They have thousands of programs and from what I could see in the audit they touch on very few of them and found major problems.
Just based on the intricate nature of the world financial system it is my personal opinion that the UN is the last place we should be looking to take charge of it's implementation. If they plan on doing it for real creating yet another "section" in the UN will just make the problem even worse for them and us right now.

To add:
I do think the UN has alot of great programs to help millions of people. But I do also think there are those in and among the UN membership that have lets say have less than desirable means and ways of dealing with things. These certain persons would rather see alot of us gone and have complete control over the entire population. These select few are the ones that give those who want to help for real a bad name.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
...Will this ever end...madness I tell you...

Citi prices $3 bln credit-card deal open to TALF investors
Market Watch

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Citigroup said late Thursday it had priced a $3 billion securitization, backed by its Citibank unit's credit card receivables, that will be eligible for the Federal Reserve's recently launched Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility, or TALF. It carries a triple-A rating, and the first coupon on the deal is 2.55%. The New York Federal Reserve Bank, which is administering TALF, was scheduled to stop accepting loan requests from investors in the first round of the program later Thursday. Analysts have high hopes this Fed program, which aims to help credit card and auto loan lenders sell their loans to institutional investors, will lower consumer and business borrowing costs.
Geez...these slugs have more ways to Lo-Jak us than Millipede have legs...

...And...how can their "Vehicle" have a AAA rating on Credit Card Receivables...didn't they hear, AMEX is about to be cut by S&P rating agency???

How are they any better, when CC defaults haven't even peaked yet???

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

...Sure...this will do the trick...everyone will line up around the corner to get in on this...

They are suffering the "crisis of confidence" - between each other

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Perhaps now that the economy is in such a mess and that they got the tax payer to back their corruption deals they can take matters into their hands a create their own credit ratings.

The more I see all this the more I feel that our nations fat rats are going crazy.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I think perhaps "crazy" may in fact be "desperate" and a last ditch effort to try and turn the economy "they" destroyed around. This before the people get tired of them and throw em out of those 10 million dollar office's!
I mean if you seriously think about it, this past two weeks has been a flurry of new programs and type's of run around the bush policies that they "say" will help turn this around.
The truth is they have no idea how bad it is because they have yet to get any of these gambling addicted bankers to tell exactly how much money they owe to everyone else. This isn't going to go away until they start telling the truth and we can all get together and find a solution. Keeping everything a secret is what has caused this crisis in the first place. If the government had any clue they would straight go in and seize what ever they haven't already shredded and get to the bottom of it. Then and ONLY THEN can we find a way to really fix the problem and prevent it from EVER happening again.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie

I think perhaps "crazy" may in fact be "desperate" and a last ditch effort to try and turn the economy "they" destroyed around. This before the people get tired of them and throw em out of those 10 million dollar office's!
I mean if you seriously think about it, this past two weeks has been a flurry of new programs and type's of run around the bush policies that they "say" will help turn this around.
The truth is they have no idea how bad it is because they have yet to get any of these gambling addicted bankers to tell exactly how much money they owe to everyone else. This isn't going to go away until they start telling the truth and we can all get together and find a solution. Keeping everything a secret is what has caused this crisis in the first place. If the government had any clue they would straight go in and seize what ever they haven't already shredded and get to the bottom of it. Then and ONLY THEN can we find a way to really fix the problem and prevent it from EVER happening again.

The system is too complicated, obviously.
Too much micromanagement, and the corrupted bastards who only think of themselves simply cannot handle it.

They know what needs to be done to straighten up things and make the system work, but that would mean - suicide - for them

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

OK.............

I'm now "Officially" going to blow up my TV!!!

Watching "Lost Money" on CNBC...

Dylan spouts off..."Would GS/MS/JPM still be "walking" if not for AIG?"

...even before he gets the question out, one of the other "Traders" blurts out "YES!!!"

These SLUGS either are:

a) Brain Washed
b) Retarded
c) Paidoff
d) Aliens
e) Brain Dead
f) (Add yer own defect/cause here)

Yes...replys ARE welcomed!!!

(In related News...)
Rhode Island Strip Club to Host Job Fair
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Oh Really???

FDIC Chief: Uncle Sam Needs New Bailout Model
www.foxnews.com...
FDIC Chairman Sheila Bair told Congress a new system of supervision that prevents institutions from taking on excessive risk and becoming so large their failure would threaten the financial system is needed.

The head of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. said Thursday that the government's strategy in the financial crisis of bailing out huge institutions deemed "too big to fail" must be replaced by a new model.

FDIC Chairman Sheila Bair told Congress a new system of supervision that prevents institutions from taking on excessive risk and becoming so large their failure would threaten the financial system is needed. A mechanism is needed to resolve troubled financial institutions similar to what the FDIC does with federally insured banks and thrifts, she added.

Testifying at a packed Senate Banking Committee hearing, Bair said simply creating a co-called systemic risk regulator -- a central idea in the discussion of overhauling the U.S. financial rules -- "is not a panacea."

Bair appeared with other top regulators to discuss the high-stakes issue of modernizing oversight of the nation's financial institutions amid the crisis gripping the U.S. and the global economies.

The government's rescue of insurance giant American International Group Inc., its pumping of tens of billions of dollars into Citigroup Inc. and Bank of America Corp. in more than one instance, and other actions in the crisis have put a "too big to fail" stamp on U.S. policy.

The committee's chairman, Sen. Christopher Dodd, D-Conn., said that possibly the most important lesson to take from the crisis is that "no institution should ever be 'too big to fail."'

"Replacing Citibank-sized financial institutions with Citibank-sized regulators would be a grave mistake," he said.

Dodd suggested it could make more sense to give the FDIC, which has the expertise in that area, the authority to resolve big failing institutions.

But Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, and other lawmakers have proposed the Federal Reserve assume the role of systemic regulator to monitor against the kinds of risks that plunged markets worldwide into distress last year.

Both Congress and the Obama administration are starting to craft their strategies for revamping a patchwork regulatory system that dates to the Civil War as they strive to prevent a repeat of the global crisis.
...Another "Blast of Hot Air"...ya'll Girls got any broken hair driers...?

top topics

<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join