It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
gold movement in the last 20 minutes has been absolutely crazy.. from the lows to the highs and nice movement in the forex markets too. Hope your dealers are playing fair
even in sucky economy money can still be made, let's hope it keeps some of it's value

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So the only trick the Fed has left after this would be to literally drop money from helicopters?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Can it be made?

finance.yahoo.com...

Index Value: 84.60
Trade Time: 2:59PM ET
Change: Down 2.33 (2.68%)

Index Value: 84.42
Trade Time: 3:06PM ET
Change: Down 2.51 (2.89%)

Index Value: 84.28
Trade Time: 3:09PM ET
Change: Down 2.65 (3.05%)

Yeah, dropping from helicopter

[edit on 18-3-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I told you all we didn't need China to fund our spending. The fed is providing all of it. Ultimately the Fed will be nationalized and the US willowe the money to itself.

Brillant is all I can say.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
www.kitco.com...

On this chart, gold is up to 941.30.
Sudden jump in price.

Dollar still plummetting

Index Value: 84.24
Trade Time: 3:14PM ET
Change: Down 2.69 (3.10%)

[edit on 18-3-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Holy Hell!!!

It's Finanical Armageddeon!!!

(Where are ya Red!)

I just knew it this morning when Gold dropped like $30 in a hour!!!

Crushed the price to push out sellers...buy on the cheap and up it goes!!!

KD has called the end!!!

Dollar is falling faster than a guy in a barrel from Niagria Falls...

Treasurys dropping like the WTC also...

Enjoy it while it lasts...

[edit on 3/18/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

That was what I was thinking when I posted the news that the Fed is going to buy 300 billion in Treasuries.

I thought to my self isn't that what we shouldn't be doing, after reading that ticker.

Crazy stuff. Shepard on Fox is pissed, he is letting us know this whole "hearing" with AIG and Ed Libby is nothing but a dog and pony show just a distraction from what is really going on.

Wasn't something mentioned earlier about the "Ides of March"?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Yep...about this timeframe...we're scroomed...

Dollar plunges on Fed Treasury-buying plan
www.marketwatch.com...

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- The U.S. dollar plunged against major rivals Wednesday afternoon following the Federal Reserve's decision to expand its financial rescue strategy to include purchases of $300 billion in longer-term Treasury bonds.
The dollar index (DXY:US Dollar Index Future - Spot Price DXY 84.48, -2.45, -2.8%) , a measure of the greenback against a basket of major currencies, fell to 84.573, down from 86.471 shortly before the central bank's announcement, and from 86.861 late Tuesday.

The euro rose to $1.3422, from $1.3105 before the announcement and from $1.3013 late Tuesday.

The dollar fell to 96.25 Japanese yen from 98.29 yen ahead of the Fed news and from 98.55 yen late Tuesday.

"The U.S. dollar has been crushed, even the emerging market currencies have rallied," said Marc Chandler, global head of currency strategy at Brown Brothers Harriman in New York. "The key consideration might be that quantitative ease is currency-negative -- as it was for sterling, yen and Swiss franc."

"However, an alternative explanation is that with today's move the Fed has finally gotten ahead of the curve and this will boost confidence of a recovery later this year," Chandler said in emailed comments.

In its statement at the conclusion of its two-day policy meeting, the Fed indicated it's more pessimistic about the economic outlook. Officials removed language saying they expected the economy to recover later this year.

The central bank tweaked its other credit-easing programs by committing to buy more mortgage-backed securities and agency debt and include more asset-backed securities under a new credit facility starting this week.

A central bank buying its own country's securities raises the risk that it needs to print money to finance debt, leading to higher inflation. But the Fed's latest statement repeated that deflation was a risk to the economy.
A government report showed earlier Wednesday that consumer prices rose more than expected last month. U.S. consumer prices increased a seasonally adjusted 0.4% in February, the second increase in a row and the largest since July.
Great...Marvelous...Fantastic...Hey Kid...got a Light?
(Burns giant stacks of worthless Dollars, shrugs and stumbles off to ruin...)

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
300 B for 3%, that is 10T for 100%, hmmmm

There's gotta be more to this.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yep...knew something was up when the market ticker forums were locked except to the paying customers. I'm quite sure he was telling all who would listen to buy,buy,buy gold while you can at a discount rate, and then sell,sell,sell making a tidy sum for a few minutes work.

The question is, will the price be sustained and rise in the future considering how the fed will try to bring it back down asap.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Think China might have called and told us this 787 billion is it? Obama seems hell bent on spending trillions of dollars in spending that will destroy industries. Not to mention his little spiel about believing in Free Markets and Capitalism but yet eliminating boom and bust cycles from the economy makes him sound, to be nice about it, not knowing what he is talking about.

There has to be more to this as DangerDeath said.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If they've decided to print, then I think they're going to print a lot more than 300 B.

The question is at what pace are they going to admit it.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

They lock the forum during FOMC meetings I'm told...normal routine

...and that Gold move was classic...I'm sure TPTB (GS/JPM) will beat it back down also...

Champaign Money for nuttin' and their Chicks fer free...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Not sure China outright said "we're done" but more's been flowing out of Treasurys in the past couple of months than being bought...

But this should be the slow burn, as Fed will be buying over the next 6 mths, shutting out/replacing private capitol...just like now with the rest of everything their putting in their pockets...

Gold $946.22 rising...

Euros rising...

Pound rising...

FX on the move...I'd ALMOST call it a dislocation 2%-3.5% but...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
300 billion, ouch... fed prints money from thin air to hand to the gov, inciting inflation to work against deflation. at least i hope thats the reason and not because no one want's our debt... they had been talking about doing this since oct, does any one know the implications exactly?

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Supposed to combat deflation, but, Treasury outflows last couple of months might give it a dual meaning...

for the moment...everyone making money off it will love it...

later...not so much...you read KD's blog? A must read!

Caution On Quantitative Easing (QE)
market-ticker.org...
===
Dow Jones Industrial Average 7,486.58 4:03pm ET 90.88 (1.23%)
S&P 500 INDEX,RTH 794.35 4:08pm ET 16.23 (2.09%)
NASDAQ Composite 1,491.22 4:08pm ET 29.11 (1.99%)
===
Gold $944.32

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
well well well boys and girls

this is all following suit

more to come later

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

So there might be some red flags being thrown up on the Feds data sheets that we don't know about that are starting to signal that it is almost to the point of no return.

Still privatizing the profits while socializing the losses. Except this time they are using taxpayer money to do it.

This new policy of the Fed is starting to seem like they are letting down the life rafts and telling everybody don't mind that big huge clanking and metal tearing sound it is nothing keep moving along while they are taking the lifeboats for themselves.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Star 4 U!

Glad to hear you made out like a bandit today!!!

Better stash it back...the can o' spam will be a killa later on!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

hahhaha if i had money in the first place, but im building confidence in getting my dad to invest heavily into my trades,

but thanks hx3_your vote of confidence is nice to hear..

more to come..

Edit: going to hit the links for a while.. be back later to give everyone a run down based on the charts and where we go from here...

[edit on 18-3-2009 by GreenBicMan]

new topics

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join