It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

It's like a win-win (if I can say that considering) situation for them with spreads that wide...how is anyone supposed to really gauge anything these days with stuff like this...

Oh...it could be between 1 and 100...we're good...

U.S. Industrial Production Fell 1.4% in February (Update1)
www.bloomberg.com...

March 16 (Bloomberg) -- Industrial production fell in February for the fourth consecutive month as auto cutbacks and collapsing exports hurt the broader U.S. economy.

Output at factories, mines and utilities dropped 1.4 percent last month, more than forecast, after a revised 1.9 decline in January, the Federal Reserve said today in Washington. The amount of factory capacity in use slumped to 70.9 percent, matching the lowest level on record.

The worst financial crisis in seven decades has choked off credit to consumers and businesses worldwide, leading to a slump in sales of cars, houses, airplanes and computers. Boeing Co. and United Technologies Corp. are among companies that have announced thousands of jobs will be cut to trim costs as the global economy contracts.

“The industrial sector is still struggling with a glut of inventories and both employment and production are likely to continue to fall,” said Zach Pandl, an economist at Nomura Securities International Inc. in New York. “We’re not out of the woods yet.”
Now how can a market go up with headlines like this???

Mr Bic would probley say, "1.4 is better than 1.9..."

People are Bank-Sappy or sumpthin'...

Hope ya got yer vacations in last year...

Six Flags Says Debt Holder Refuses to Meet Company, Discuss Restructuring
www.bloomberg.com...

March 16 (Bloomberg) -- Six Flags Inc. Chief Executive Mark Shapiro said one of its biggest debt holders refuses to meet with the company on restructuring.

“One of our principal debt holders who holds a significant amount of our senior notes due 2010 has thus far resisted a consensual restructuring,” Shapiro said today on a conference call, without giving details. The portfolio manager “has refused to even meet with me in person. The auto companies have an easier time getting a meeting with the United Auto Workers.”

Six Flags debt holders may receive equity in the theme-park owner by the end of the year, whether the company restructures out of court or files for pre-arranged bankruptcy, Chief Financial Officer Jeffrey Speed said March 13.

Now Alistair Darling puts the Mint up for sale
business.timesonline.co.uk...

THE government is pressing ahead with plans to sell a string of state-owned organisations as part of a privatisation drive to add £35 billion to the dwindling public purse.

The chancellor, Alistair Darling, has appointed Rothschild to prepare the sale of the Royal Mint. Darling has also hired the Deloitte accountancy firm to explore a potential sale of the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre in central London.

Bankers expect Ordnance Survey, Britain’s national mapping agency, to be the next asset to be groomed for privatisation. Some 10 state-owned companies are in the frame, including the Covent Garden Market Authority and the Met Office. The canal-side property of British Waterways could also go.

The moves follow the sale of the government’s stake in British Energy last year and attempts to find buyers for Channel 4 and a 33% stake in Royal Mail.

The Royal Mint has been responsible for the manufacture and supply of UK coins for more than 1,000 years. It is estimated to be worth about £100m and could attract interest from corporate buyers such as De La Rue.
Holy Cow!!!

Rothschild has Been Appointed to - SELL OFF Royal Mint in England
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Guess who's next?!?

[edit on 3/16/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

So in other words he already has a buyer.....I wonder who is going to take over in the states publicly that is.

Looks like NASDAQ is trying to gain some ground over the tech drag down

[edit on 16-3-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well, its too early to say I told you so..

But I might be saying that by the end of the day

I will update all at market close

Hope you all are in the green

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

This is what I see happening.

Mark to mark rules are loosened. Over the next week they will come out and report how much of the losses will be overturned. Their solvency will be clear and the market rallies another 15-20% before resting for a while. Thern we get another upturn as non-financials report better than estimated and start seeing things more clearly as we go into the future.

Wouldn't want to be short is all I can say.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

hhhmmm...not exactly...

U.S. to Toughen Finance Rules
online.wsj.com...

The Obama administration, moving with increasing speed, has inked the main contours of its plan to revamp financial-market oversight -- changes that will ripple through the economy, affecting everything from the operations of international banks to consumer protection.

The principles include giving the Federal Reserve new powers that include authority to monitor and address broad risks across the economy, say people familiar with the matter. The proposals are expected to include tougher capital requirements for big banks and authority for regulators to take over a large financial firm that is failing.
hhhmmm...seems they may not wait for M2M...they want this done ASAP...before the next G-20 meeting...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I thought there would be more on aig. I had to photograph my chart at up 100 persent. It's still up 70. Short is not good today.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I just had a flash-back...

Whatever became of the OTC E-trader scandal???

Seems to have disappeared from the radar screen...

Anyone else notice this?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Much like all the rest they have been over shadowed and swept under the rug. While the public at large pays attention to the latest bankster/trader in cuffs parade.
Funny thing is so far the only one getting any headlines is Madoff....? I can get that he stole alot of money and threw it in their faces over and over. But why is "HE" the only one being reported more than the pope? Think about it when this started to break who was the second line of people he scroomed? Yeah that's right Hollywood actors; nobody gave a crap about him pulling one over on the rich so call in the stars!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Since last Monday's close, the Dow is up almost 12% as of 12:30 New York Time.

Did I miss something here? Citi is up like 125%. B of A is up 75% since last Monday's close.

Now the Rothchilds are selling England's mint?

Meanwhile, manufacturing is plumeting, unemployment is rising and stores are closing everywhere.

Just on a personal note, I went to the Roosevelt Field Mall on Saturday with my wife and a couple of friends. Everywhere you looked, businesses are going under. In front of me was Fortuneoff going out of business, to my left was a Home Depot Expo closing its doors, to my right was a shuttered Circuit City.

In the actual mall, the Bloomingdales sales associates are practically begging me to let them help me find a pair of jeans. Every little store in the mall is empty with signs outside stating everything is up to 60% off. Restaurants are closed.

The only reason I bought a pair of jeans is because on of the two pairs I own have worn out and have developed holes. Meanwhile, you got crazy sh!t like this to read in the NY Times:

A 29-year-old man who works for a large investment management firm and was at Bagatelle’s brunch one recent Saturday and at Merkato 55’s the next, put it another way: “If you’d asked me in October, I’d say it’d be a different situation, and I don’t think I’d be here. Then the government gave us $10 billion.

www.nytimes.com...

This makes me SOOOOO Angry.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

AHHH YES But don't you see the whole point is to make you angry and well if you go along with it and loose your cool who do you think will be there to put you in your place? We all know the economy in the real world is in shambles, the markets are being run up by all that bail out money! They are using it yet again to stack the chips in their favor once we recover.
Lets just hope they don't just buy it all up and shut it all down if the gov doesn't do what its told.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There is really no point in getting mad at the companies that are giving out bonuses with taxpayer money. It is like get mad at these guys over here don't pay attention what is going on over here.

I'm mad at the gov for giving our money to squander away in the first place.

It looks like people liked the small business plan they gave details of today.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I dunno.. I went to the mall in Denver, CO, and every store was open. Seemed very normal. Where are the towns (other than Detroit, etc) that have stores closing left and right? Other than circuit city, I've seen almost no closed businesses.

I understand it's bad, but perhaps a recovery is underway. And I still don't get the "no food on shelves, half the stores closing, gloom and doom!" stuff. I don't see it. Maybe Colorado is exempt from these massive closures and shortages..

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

FIRST-QUARTER LAYOFFS: Selection Of Job Cuts By Major Companies

Dow Jones March 16, 2009:
12:15 PM ET
The following chart is a selection of some first-quarter announcements of job cuts since the beginning of the year. Some numbers are estimates.

money.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
FTSE 100 3,863.99 12:35PM ET 110.31 (2.94%)
CAC 40 2,791.66 1:00PM ET 86.03 (3.18%)
DAX 4,044.54 12:45PM ET 90.94 (2.30%)
===
Dow Jones Industrial Average 7,378.49 1:41pm ET 154.51 (2.14%)
S&P 500 INDEX,RTH 772.93 1:41pm ET 16.38 (2.17%)
NASDAQ COMPOSITE 1,436.63 1:41pm ET 5.13 (0.36%)
===
Gold $921.03
===
@ spinkyboo: I can see why you didn't do the usual CC&P!!!

BIG LIST!!!

I'm not even gonna try to add all that up at the moment!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Why is AIG up 86% today? Isn't everyone pissed at them?

Obama expresses outrage over AIG bonus payments

UPDATE: NY AG Seeking Info On Who Received Bonuses At AIG

This is outrageous!

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
Why is AIG up 86% today? Isn't everyone pissed at them?

Obama expresses outrage over AIG bonus payments

UPDATE: NY AG Seeking Info On Who Received Bonuses At AIG

This is outrageous!

Go back a page where I said what AIG does, does not really matter anymore..

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity
reply to post by GreenBicMan

This is what I see happening.

Mark to mark rules are loosened. Over the next week they will come out and report how much of the losses will be overturned. Their solvency will be clear and the market rallies another 15-20% before resting for a while. Thern we get another upturn as non-financials report better than estimated and start seeing things more clearly as we go into the future.

Wouldn't want to be short is all I can say.

So true, and this coincides perfectly with my charts.. coincidence?? Maybe.. but prob. not

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
How can the markets are doing "great" because if any person has read on the in between the lines on the Federal Reserve and Obama, They are propping the Markets anyway they can, because that is the priority.

Why the nations is still going down the hill and still the markets are looking "good".?

Because is not about the nation, is not about the people and is not about the tax payer.

Is all about the markets.

What is happening is nothing more than the biggest take over of the Nation call USA and if people has not wake up to see it yet I guess that is the reason why is going on, and is going very smoothly.

Will it last? well sorry to bring the doom and gloom but like I said before the bubble crash, a nation can not survive on consumption and spending alone.

The same way that a nation can not survive on spending and squandering of tax payer money while borrowing internationally alone.

We have now a government and entities that not longer have any interest on the people of the nation and within the nation, their sole purpose is to support the Markets any way they can and the entities behind.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Dow Jones Industrial Average 7,295.82 3:04pm ET 71.84 (0.99%)
Dow Jones Industrial Average 7,282.84 3:06pm ET 58.86 (0.81%)

S&P 500 INDEX,RTH 762.86 3:04pm ET 6.31 (0.83%)
S&P 500 INDEX,RTH 763.71 3:09pm ET 7.16 (0.95%)

NASDAQ COMPOSITE 1,419.94 3:04pm ET -11.56 (-0.81%)
NASDAQ COMPOSITE 1,418.20 3:09pm ET -13.30 (-0.93%)

Do I see a sell off?

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I am going to add more to this post you did, This is how the problems on the nation has been left on the back burner while the government, the Treasury department printing presses and Bernanke keep proping the markets

Massive Trade Deficit Highlights Obama's Broken Promises

Today, the Commerce Department reported the January trade deficit was $36.0 billion. This was down from $39.9 billion in December, largely because oil prices fell and the recession is slowing demand for imported Chinese consumer goods.

To the extent stimulus spending gives the economy a temporary lift, oil prices and Chinese imports will rise again and pull the economy back down into recession.

The huge trade deficit indicates Americans spend much more abroad than foreigners spend in the United States, consume too much more than they produce, and borrow too much from the rest of the world, especially China and the Middle East oil exporters.

An nations economy can not survive while stories like this one are going on within the nations well being

www.tradereform.org...

Simply, money spent on Middle East oil, Chinese televisions and coffee markers, and Japanese and Korean cars can’t be spent on U.S. made goods and services, unless offset by a comparable amount of exports. This creates an enormous shortage in demand for U.S.-made goods and services and is the primary reason the economy needs huge stimulus spending and huge budget deficits to keep it going. Along with the banking crisis, the trade deficit could push unemployment above 10 percent for a long time

As stimulus packages in the United States, China and elsewhere lift the global economy, the U.S. oil import bill will increase as oil prices and demand rise, and the undervalued Chinese yuan and beefed up subsidies on exports will push Chinese consumer goods and unemployment into the U.S. market. More American workers will be pushed out of good paying jobs with benefits into poorly paying positions and left to charity to obtain health care.

This means that more and more stimulus packages will be needed to support the new bubble that is been inflating right in from our own eyes.

To finance the trade deficit, Americans are borrowing and selling assets at a pace of about $400 billion a year. U.S. foreign debt exceeds $6.5 trillion, and the debt service comes to nearly $2,000 a year for every working American.

All this facts, figures and analysis of the nations economic health and future has been completely ignored by the Obama administration.

new topics

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join