It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 107
<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Actually he is very elderly and old fashion backwood sherif he is retired but because he was sherif for so long he get to keep a police car and his status and is on call when the county police department needs extra help.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Thanks for the info, but you know they made so much media circus when she was caught doing what she did that I wonder why we have not seen more of the same.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Take care of your self and family and if things are doing so bad around your neighborhood it will be not a bad idea to invest in a home alarm, xoxo stacie.

I don't have an alarm but I have the stickers all over the windows like I do, I guess so far it works.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

To tell you the truth they most be pulling a citi also, is not way in hell that this companies are gaining now while having financial troubles.

It will be good to check their SEC Form 4 Filings to see what is going on.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

BTW: Strange not to see P4T or Stander posting much lately...must be some people have a life...unlike me...hope I didn't run 'em off...

Run us off? More like able to relax 'cos it's in safe hands.

Regarding your speculative explanation. Change the 'l' for a 'w' & you'll get the drift...

Also been busy researching the G20 (a pet interest) - ably assisted by burntheships I might add - and responding to the odd post that irks me.

As for stander, he's too busy making money. And between you and me he's been sending demand notes and invoking his notoriously exorbitant commission fees.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You know if you think about it... we have some colorful people in this thread!
Awesomeness all around.

Now for some comedy before Market news.

Lawmakers seek to tie exec pay to performance: report

That'll bust their asses.

BofA shareholder rejects CEO Lewis as chairman

That's right!! Take it to the top baby.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well if money is to be included in the companies performance report that is deceiving and wrong.

I guess Obama new tactic to come out and talk about only the good and no the bad is working its charm.

And as for BofA now that the government is putting caps on what CEOs should be making they can afford to hired more for less.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

According to stander's (unquestionable) analysis yesterday moves are afoot to put the lid on negative data coming into the public domain per se - i.e. not just via the Commander-in-Chief.

And if I read him correctly we should all fear a stock market cushioned and pampered to by means of officially-sanctioned cover-ups.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Interesting that we had a thread on how the Emirates or Saudi was banning bad news from their markets.

We all said that what can you expect from totalitarian governments that also hold feudal monarchies.

I guess America the free is not better than the totalitarian countries at all.

Banning information from the public doesn't make Obama presidency very transparent after all.

Is he withdrawing again from another promise?

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

I wouldnt be surprised. With our numbers thoroughly being messed with by the Government. Not to mention that all our numbers come from the government (That the news networks use.)

The unemployment rate.
It's definitely not counting people NOT on unemployment benefits, but what about the people who got pay cuts and reduced hours. Don't count that either.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Is he withdrawing again from another promise?

What promises? Never trust politicians, especially in times of crisis.
Doesnt help that Obama isnt helping the Recession Crisis with all this spending and what not.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

In the 30s did they count all unemployed. What do you think the real unempoloyment numbers are. They always lie to us!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pocamp

In the 30s did they count all unemployed. What do you think the real unempoloyment numbers are. They always lie to us!!!

I'm sure they were extremely higher than what has been reported. In my opinion it's like the government is telling us the Jungle Gym of the country is safe to play on...

When it really looks like this:

Edit: Layoff Daily

[edit on 3/13/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply t0post by Hx3_1963

Hx3: you have become a voice of semi-sanity to me,LOL!

I may not be "25" anymore but I ain't that dumb either (LOL!) it's a sucker's rally to me.

China is getting nervous:

www.latimes.com...

So we're responding by spying on them!:

emsnews.wordpress.com...

Not thinkin' we can afford an ecomonomic war with China.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

KUDDOS to you stacie!!! Brave and gutsy!!!

Come to Texas (hears the snorting in the background so y'all can stop it...I'm a transplanted New Yorker! ) and you'll be just fine.
Heard this at the gym this am:

Woman here was "mugged" the other day,she had her hand in her purse on her weapon when the mugger pulled her purse off her shoulder and ran,she shot him six times in the back and when asked why she shot him 6 times,she told the judge,"Because the gun jammed when I pulled the trigger for the 7th time..."
Aquitted.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Haha! Sounds like something I would do and say.

More news of China getting worried about us on the news sites. Doesnt look good people.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I knew that was going to happen with China. If we keep spending all this money it is eventually going to get to the point where China would be better off just taking the hit, and looking for new buyers.

They know if America goes through hyper-inflation they would be saddled with tons of debt and their exports still dropping into the abyss.

Obama needs to reign in his party if he plans on getting us out of this. All this spending is not making our global partners happy.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Why is it I believe you?

China: I have been there: the people are ridiculously focused,work long hours and then go to school for English as a second language at night.
They are an ancient culture that was writing and reading when many were still wearing animal hides.
I respect their culture and values but also will say I do not think we should be trifling with them as an economic patsy because I fear they would win at this point.
Arrogance won't get us far with them.

China Worried About US Treasury Holdings:

www.google.com...

Do y'all think this is the possible "next step",ie,diverting attention and financial resources by threat of an outbreak aka "war?"

"War" excuses a lot historically.

Gulp.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Stars 4 all!

I'm officially Flabbergasted now!!!

We have the G-20 & China on our back...nuttin' changed on banks balance sheets...no MSM inquiries of Citi...

And this invites a 54/6 point gain?!?

PPT and the Amazing Obama to the rescue!!!

Absolutely no logical reason for the action I saw today...

The World HAS gone MAD I tell you!!!

(unless I missed something...
)

[edit on 3/13/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I hate to break it to you, but you're not an insider.

Not much point trading these days if you ain't.

new topics

top topics

<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join