It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This one is a hoax I guess?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I dont know if this was posted before, but I just found this picture on a dutch news-blog. Appearantly it was made from an office and some people responding to the story claim to have seen or heard it to.

Maybe the ATS experts can shine their light on this one and tell me if its photshopped or not, coz I dont know and am very sceptic, even more since this article also relates to october 14th.

The story on the blog is in Dutch, but you can find the image at the bottom there.

visit the link for the full news article
(visit the link for the full news article)
Translated link (bad tho!)

Edit for URL

[edit on 17/10/2008 by d0p3d]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If you hold your control key and roll the button on your mouse you can blow up the image. When I focus on the enlarged image the increased pixelation of the saucer compared to the buildings around it suggests that there is more detail visible in the saucer than in the trees or buildings surrounding it. This suggest a photoshop project but at least an effort was made since you do not see the typical square box around the UFO. The blending of the images is good but the pixilation is off.

edit:
Then again I just blew it up to 500% and the pixilation of the cars on the far street are similar to the UFO. There may be an orb next to the 5th story to the right of the saucer. It looks like there is a shadow on the building from the saucer.

Who knows? These are always written off as photoshopped or a model suspended from the building above with the means of support photoshopped out. Definately 100% not swamp gas.

[edit on 10/17/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yeah looks conveniently hung off the edge of the building doesn't it?

Also its gotta have a damn good pilot to maneuver between buildings

FAKE

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ah ok, I see now. How did they do the reflection of the object in the window? Or is that just my mind playin tricks. I would just like to be able to spot that kind of things when I see pics like this

edit for spelling and forgetting stuff

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Boy, that's a different picture!

The first one in memory in some time that hasn't just been in the middle of the sky.

It's difficult to judge the scale of the craft, but it looks no bigger than 15ft. I brightened and adjusted the contrast, but due to the quality, it's hard to tell.

I simply don't know.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

FAKE

How do you know how those things fly? It might have collision avoidance programmed into the flight controls and be exceedingly easy to fly. A suspended model would work conviently well there with straight lines available to hide the means of support.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Anybody know what the news article says? Its a rather strange place for such a craft to be. Its a very typical saucer type of craft though.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by talisman]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

Originally posted by Chadwickus

FAKE

How do you know how those things fly? It might have collision avoidance programmed into the flight controls and be exceedingly easy to fly. A suspended model would work conviently well there with straight lines available to hide the means of support.

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me here? I'm not sure...Anyhow no I have idea how these things fly, you could be right, just stating a thought on it, like someone else said you don't see too man shots of them flying between buildings.

With it being hung off the building then yes it does appear to be in the perfect position.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by talisman

A quick webpage translation:

link

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by talisman

The news article handles mostly about october 14th, and ends with a "reader" who sent in this pic the 15th, claiming he made it from the window of his office, after he saw somethin movin/flyin. He also says to not believe in this kinda stuff, nor does the newsblog its posted on.

Edit: Chadwickus beaten me to it

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It reminds me of one of those kite-like things which have a small motor and are maneuvered by remote control. Very similar to a remote conrolled airplane. Have you seen those remote controlled witches? This object looks about the same size.

Also, if you look closely, the window nearest to it is slightly open at the bottom - almost as if it was flown from the window.

Then again, I don't know - I'm just sayin'.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
If you hold your control key and roll the button on your mouse you can blow up the image. When I focus on the enlarged image the increased pixelation of the saucer compared to the buildings around it suggests that there is more detail visible in the saucer than in the trees or buildings surrounding it. This suggest a photoshop project but at least an effort was made since you do not see the typical square box around the UFO. The blending of the images is good but the pixilation is off.

edit:
Then again I just blew it up to 500% and the pixilation of the cars on the far street are similar to the UFO. There may be an orb next to the 5th story to the right of the saucer. It looks like there is a shadow on the building from the saucer.

Who knows? These are always written off as photoshopped or a model suspended from the building above with the means of support photoshopped out. Definately 100% not swamp gas.

[edit on 10/17/08 by stikkinikki]

You're right about the pixelation. it does fit with the cars. however, the reflections position and pixelation don't. Judging by the scale that i THINK i'm seeing, the reflection should be further back to the left of the "object" Still the photo is VERY well done. Sorry to disappoint

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

Yes, I see what you mean, the reflection seems off, I've been looking for pics of the area to see if it could have been hanging from the building but couldnt find anything.

Thx for the input, always nice to learn where to look for in fake pics

EDIT

Was just thinkin, not that it would make it more credible, but what if the building where the reflection is in isnt at a straight angle from the spot the pic was taken? Wouldnt that cause a reflection to shift? Coz it seems hard to make out wether the building is in a straight line or slightly in an angle from where the pic was taken. Just for discussion sake

[edit on 18/10/2008 by d0p3d]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
From what I see, the building on the very left, and the one on which the shadow/reflection is, are seperated by a wide street, probably a distance of at least 50 meters. This leaves a lot of room for a dumb pilot to manoeuver in anyway...

The reflection on the building in the back, to me, seems consistent with the poor lighting of the place, however it is very difficult to decide. From this angle of view, it looks like the ship would be above the street, roughly in the center, and thus maybe about 30-40 meters from the photographer, slightly above him.

By examining the perspective, you can see that the picture has been taken from a height matching the 4th floor (compare to the house across the street, and where the perspective lines becomes horizontal - i.e. the 4th floor). The object seems to be, again judging from the perspective, roughly 60 meters to the left of the photographer, which is further away than the first building seen on the left. Apparently that building is right across a street to the left from the photographer's point of view.

The apparent size of the object is consistent with many reports of those kind of saucers too: it looks like (compare it to cars) 6-8 meters in diameter depending from its real distance, about 2 meters high.

What is a bit more intriguing is this: according to some speculations about the way saucers should move, this one looks like it's going from left to right on the picture. The photographer had his camera ready in hand, and focused!

One other thing: it looks like a street with office buildings/shops and also appartments. It looks like the kind of street above which a UFO would not be unnoticed. I have seen no other report of this sighting.

top topics

join