It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I Am Under 18' Button Clicked For First Time In History Of Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
'I Am Under 18' Button Clicked For First Time In History Of Internet

CHINO, CA—In an unprecedented and historic event Monday, the "I Am Under 18" button, an Internet security device which if selected restricts access to websites featuring adult content, was clicked for the first time ever. "I knew I could simply claim to be over 18 and continue onto my desired destination, but I also realized that I would have to live with that lie for the rest of my life," said local resident Garrett Kinley, 17. "I admit, I was curious to see what type of material I would find on www.juggworld.com, but that button was clearly placed there for a reason, and let's face it: 17 and three-quarters is not 18. I plan to return to the site three months from now, when I will be mature enough to handle its content." Moments later, Kinley's friend Dave Gerrard, 17, pushed Kinley aside and clicked the "I Am Over 18" button himself, at which point a tactical police unit broke down his bedroom door and arrested him.

I wonder how many times that button has REALLY ever been pushed by someone under 18?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Look at the link. The Onion. Completely tongue in cheek. I pressed the "under 18" button 8 or so years ago, and it redirected me to google. So the article is a lie. It has probably been pushed many, many, many, many, many times. If I had $.01 for every 100 times it was pushed, I'd be f-ing rich. This should be in BTS.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Lol, that number is probably in the double digits.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
That's cute.

Actually everyone knows those buttons are just about plausible deniability. The sites could care less how old you are, unless you're too young to have any MONEY.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Heike

yup, back when i was sixteen i started using those sites, I'm eighteen ,and now that I'm allowed, i could truly care less, it was more about breaking the rules than the other reason.

new topics

top topics

join