It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonapah Facility Odd Google Earth Images

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hi,

Was checking out the Tonapah (70miles west of Area 51) top secret military facility & I came across some strange pictures. Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what they are?

Google earth coords:
37°52'14.09"N 116°47'27.99"W

This one looks like an above ground circuit board. If you look closely at the roof of some of the buildings they appear almost transparent. Like you can see the lighting inside & crates inside the blue buildings (possibly below ground?).

Google earth coords:
37°52'59.85"N 116°45'54.94"W

C-BuZz

[edit on 17-10-2008 by C-BuZz]

[edit on 17-10-2008 by C-BuZz]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Checkout this launching pad (Possible special craft launching pad?).

Google earth coords:
37°50'1.50"N 116°43'36.53"W

C-BuZz

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by C-BuZz

Cool find. Interesting design on the launch pad to camo it.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The first one could be some sort of sewerage dam from the mancamp (see next paragraph)

Second one is where the personnel live

Tonopah Test Range includes the Tonopah Test Range Airport. About six miles north of the airfield is a large housing area called Mancamp, which contains dormitories, a library, cafeteria (currently closed), gym, Olympic size indoor pool, two-lane bowling alley, a bar and an ATM.

the third one you posted is most likely the rocket launching area

Like the Groom Lake facility, Tonopah is a site of interest to conspiracy theorists, though mostly for its use of experimental and classified aircraft. As such, it is not the focus of alien enthusiasts, unlike its neighbor. It is also used for launching sounding rockets.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

You could be right, I think I see 4 tennis courts there.

C-BuZz

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Your so-called "rocket launch pad" is a bomb target.

Located just off the southern edge of the lakebed, Hard Target is made of 1-foot-thick concrete (rated to 4,000psi strength) and is 750 feet in diameter. It is one of several targets used for ballistic testing of nuclear weapon casings.

There are several posts on ATS regarding the various targets at Tonopah Test Range.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-BuZz
This one looks like an above ground circuit board. If you look closely at the roof of some of the buildings they appear almost transparent. Like you can see the lighting inside & crates inside the blue buildings (possibly below ground?).

Are you talking about the asphalt roads and parking lots, that appear slightly blue?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ya, parking lots it probably is.

Found this a bit strange. Looks like an airstrip to me, but on a dirt track not even paved? Theres a hell of a lot of Jet aircraft in the immediate vicinity.
Google earth coords: 37°21'40.07"N 116°49'58.57"W

C-BuZz

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
It's a target range. They have fake airstrips out there as target ranges to practice bombing.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
TTR maps
has a collection of TTR maps from various environmental documents. It shows the "hard target".

The Site-4 area is hard to photograph. The valley tends to be hazy, and the light is in the wrong direction for early morning photography. (It is better to have the sun behind you rather than shoot into the sun.)

Site-4

I think the facility in question is in this photograph:
www.lazygranch.com...
which can be viewed using irfanview (www.irfanview.com)
A low resolution photo can be found here:
www.lazygranch.com...

My main TTR page is here:
Tonopah Test Range

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by C-BuZz

The ultra top secret parking lot

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The 2nd pic looks like a personnel living area. The black bits look like roads/carparks. White buildings are living quarters and the red green bits tennis courts and recreational facilities?

The last pic with the planes. They could either be bombing targets, which is the likely case.
Alternatively they could be paved and made to look like the desert/dirt thus in effect camouflaging them from aerial photography... Which has clearly failed as its can be seen from GE

new topics

top topics

join