It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIG is at it again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
These guys just don't get it. So they get their 122.8 billion dollar bailout, have their 500 grand retreat and then blow another 100 grand on a uK hunting trip? Someone should get fired for this kind of BS.

AIG officials declined to say which AIG executives attended the trip, which reports have said racked up an $86,000 tab. News of the hunting trip surfaced just days after AIG received an additional $37.8 billion loan from the Federal Reserve, on top of a previous $85 billion emergency loan granted last month.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
are they seriously just trying to make people angry or do they honestly not realize that people are going to take notice to this?

i mean i can understand people wanting to take a little vacation or whatever but it makes it look like they are skimming off the top of the bailout money, which they may or may not be but i'm sure it's possible.

i think more than anything it just bugs the crap out of the average persons sensibilities when they see these rich people acting rich in tough economic times. i mean i'm sure they did things like this for years before the bailout and no one really paid any attention and it didn't really matter

i just don't know what to make of it

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I was watching CNN news a couple of days ago and they did mention this latest AIG fiasco. So this is now three trips since they've received money right? Or have I lost count. Prior to this one there was the Greek trip right? Unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
hey its just business as usual.. I'm sure they mentioned business at these trips, and it could not have been done in there building at work.. I mean come on you have to talk business in these special places.

Yes that's sarcasm..

Yeah this is totaly unreal .. if your in such trouble you cut back and do everything you can to stop throwing cash everywhere..

Even the place I work for who is up in sales this year is cutting back on the frills.. in preparation for the economic downturn, they see the writing on the wall and were doing great in this economy. And AIG who needs government bailouts are wooping it up on the tax payers back.. we need to fire all these bastards that voted for this bill , hell impeach them, or remove them by force, citizens arrest whatever , just get them out, NOW!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barathrum
are they seriously just trying to make people angry

Give this man a price. I really think we are getting riled up with a purpose. Let it go, those people do have (personal) justification for their actions but i really think we are getting shafted in a way we do not even realize. The past few weeks we have had:

A craching economy
Partying executives that just got bailed out ( not only AIG, Fortis (belgian) did the same thing.)
Christians getting attacked in two seperate countries ( one predominantly muslim and one predominantly Hindu)
Goodchild faking/getting screwed around with in regard with the whole october 14th debacle

I'm sure i missed something but in this one you have 3 mayor incidents agitating a diverse crowd. The new age channelbelievers, the UFO researchers, the Religious and the financial. They all happened in a very short timespan and even overlapped each other.

People are getting on edge and testy, cannot think clearly. Keep em confused and overwhelmed. This is only the beginning i think.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Harman]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well this is interesting, I guess the Attorney General of New York must have seen this thread. At least somebody is doing something to stop these crooks.

Still battered by that outrage, AIG later called off plans to hold a second retreat at the exclusive Ritz-Carlton Resort in Half Moon Bay, California. It was reported today in the "New York Daily News" that AIG executives spent $86,000 on a partridge hunt in the English countryside the same week that AIG got a second bailout loan of $37.5 billion.

Link to Attorney Generals letter to AIG execs;
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
cant we do something about this? Or do we just read up on the current events from AIG and just forget about it? Im not no economic genius, i barely know half my rights, but these are the kind of people they are taking advantage off.

They know that most of the people wont do anything about it and will just take it and shut up after a while, but some people actually know their stuff and go after greedy jerks like that. that too takes money and knowledge and not just courage.

Maybe AIG knows that all these bailouts are pointless and it will only help for a short period of time, so they figure they would just enjoy what they have left. Kind like the asteroid is coming to hit us, so why not enjoy the last days rather than fight something you cant stop nor control.

top topics

join