It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pardon my ignorance please...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'm reading a book called The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of the World Order. Originally I put down this book because it portrayed Western nations in a negative light but now as I read the book I am reading it for understanding the way that terrorists, and, these Islamic countries think about the West and Westernization and the Western world. I'm also starting to see all the things that have been talked about in the world and I'm starting to understand the author's point of view more.

Forgive me for being ignorant please. Has that happened to any of you? Have any of you simply just rejected an idea because it seemed far-fetched at the time because you believed it to be of no relevance to current politics?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yes, I've done this myself. I've started reading something and then put it down because I didn't like or understand what was being written. But then later I would go back and start reading the book to see what the "other side" was talking about. One book I recently did that with is called "The Al-Qaeda Reader." I origionally put it down because I couldn't get myself to even consider that anything they had to say had any relavence to reality. I went back later and finished the book. And although I still might not like what they stand for or believe in, I can at least see and understand where al-Qaeda and it's allies and supporters come from. And undertsanding others is better than staying ignorant or refusing to grant that they may be legitimate in some of what they say is truthful and right.

new topics

join