It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacking the average Joe?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

His question was never about him personally making $250K!!! It was about a SMALL BUSINESS making $250K and having his BUSINESS tax rate go up under nobama should he decide to get his license and buy the BUSINESS.

Geez! This is what I hate about this stuff. Everyone puts their own spin on what they thought the guy said or what they wanted him to say because they don't have an good answer to the actual question asked!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Let's keep in mind that good ole' "joe" is making $250,000 per year ILLEGALLY !!!
He does not have a plumbers license and thus cannot work in the plumbing field except under a licensed plumber. The irony is, the taxes he was so concerned about paying under the Obama plan shouldn't affect him as he cannot make the money he has made.
People like him give contractors a bad name.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

It took my Wife and I ten years of a combined total of 100 to 120 hours a weeks work to crack the $50,000 per year barrier with our COMBINED incomes.

During the hard times, we were accused of wealth so many times by employees that it stopped mattering. There came a point where we accepted that there are leaders and sheep in society and that the sheep will always feel compelled to hate the leaders even if they have to lie to justify it.

The main difference between the person who owns the business and the one who works for it is motivation. Ownership of a small business requires sacrifice and at first learning to live in poverty while you build. There is a reason that most small businesses fail. People convince themselves that the lies they believe about their employers are real and when they try they fail. They have no comprehension of the sacrifice involved or the motivation required.

One of my first thoughts after I realized I was going to succeed and survive was that I need to go back to everyone I ever worked for and appologize for the ridiculous things I thought and said about them. I realized that all along it was a form of jealousy that made me hate the people who were putting food on my table instead of learning from them. I was a fool. I could have started years earlier had I not been such a fool.
_______

On topic -

From the news I just finished watching, Obama has his own people investigating Joe not the MSM. How sad
He asked a valid question and he gets this. Politics makes me want to vomit.

I can't vote for either of these fools. Obama AND McCain are both the problem. I'd have to be brain dead to endorse either of them. I spent part of yesterday watching tapes of their rallies I've found on the Internet. Sheeple does not even begin to describe their supporters. I've got a few days to decide what name to write-in. I'd better get to it.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by FlyersFan
McCain is to blame because an average guy asked Obama a question

It has been noted that an average plumber does not make $250k a year.
So the "average" argument is a non-starter.

Average plumber income is $47k.

Average plumber working for a company maybe - but Joe's question was about buying a plumbing business. Maybe one that employs a workforce of plumbers?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Let's keep in mind that good ole' "joe" is making $250,000 per year ILLEGALLY !!!
He does not have a plumbers license and thus cannot work in the plumbing field except under a licensed plumber. The irony is, the taxes he was so concerned about paying under the Obama plan shouldn't affect him as he cannot make the money he has made.

Uh, but does that even matter? Joe asked a valid question. A tough question that the media has been shielding Obama from being asked.

Now suddenly Joe is the evildoer here because he asked a question.

Typical Democrat response - don't like people asking questions, so you aim to discredit the people asking questions instead of address the real issues.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by heather65

I respectfully disagree with you.
Did you watch the full video? Did you happen to notice the house in the back ground? A camera crew following O'Bama around going door to door does not constitute Joe the plumber "putting himself out there".

If JTP had stepped up to a podium at a town hall meeting and posed that question, the man still does not deserve to be hung out by the press.

The reason Joe the Plumber has been "wrung out" is because he asked a very good question, and in an attempt to answer it, O'Bama stumbled for the words and his true intentions slipped out of his mouth, and the MSM didn't like it one bit, and they're going to make JTP pay for it!

Make no mistake about it, O'Bama has the most liberal voting record for a reason. That's just the way he is. How do you think, of all places O'Bama could have lived, he ended up in Chicago? (Saul Olinsky's door step).

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

A star for you my friend. In the end you kept your business and your wife, that's a hell of a lot of work. Best of luck to you in the future.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I wish the news would cover the facts..The fact is that the reason this all came to the news was NOT because Joe asked this question. It became news when Obama answered that his plan was to "Spread the wealth"
They took the focus ONCE AGAIN off Obama, and now there are 7 pages about Joe..

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Uh, but does that even matter? Joe asked a valid question. A tough question that the media has been shielding Obama from being asked.

Now suddenly Joe is the evildoer here because he asked a question.

Typical Democrat response - don't like people asking questions, so you aim to discredit the people asking questions instead of address the real issues.

The question was answered by obama but again, joe had no need to ask this question as it didn't affect him like he claims. Unless of course he is doing something illegal....which he is.
Seriously though, obama answered his question. We all know what obamas stance is on the 250k cutoff. I'm own a construction company LEGALLY (ie I am licensed) and I understand obama's plan and I'm voting for him.

Final thought. If I were making a QUARTER MILLION a year, I wouldn't mind paying a few thousand more in taxes.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by jfj123]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Let's keep in mind that good ole' "joe" is making $250,000 per year

Actually no he isn't, that is just the figure being thrown around.

His personal life should have never been brought up or investigated, good grief
Listen this isn't about Joe, it is about the attack on Joe which is ridiculous .

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

yep, saw the full vid ad naseum( i don't rely on fox news,msnbc,etc.). i tend to rely on truly fair and balanced reporting. saw subsequent interviews with samuel joseph the plumber.
those were his words, not mine.
i stand by my opinion and joe's a big boy, he can handle it.
oh, and by the by mainstream media repeatedly gives mccain a fairer shake in their reporting so, i disagree when people say obama has the media locked up.
mccain's camp tends to repeat falsehoods until people actually believe them. it's a common tactic among republicans.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissysWorld
I wish the news would cover the facts..The fact is that the reason this all came to the news was NOT because Joe asked this question. It became news when Obama answered that his plan was to "Spread the wealth"
They took the focus ONCE AGAIN off Obama, and now there are 7 pages about Joe..

Exactlly missy, thank you, why is it people are finding this so difficult?

Sometimes it just IS what it IS, can those Joe haters at least acknowledge that this is also about the fact Obama's people didn't like the answer the gave, share he wealth?

[edit on 063131p://bFriday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Well how would you like to treat criminals? You see, "joe" is a criminal.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by heather65

yep, saw the full vid ad naseum( i don't rely on fox news,msnbc,etc.). i tend to rely on truly fair and balanced reporting. saw subsequent interviews with samuel joseph the plumber.
those were his words, not mine.
i stand by my opinion and joe's a big boy, he can handle it.
oh, and by the by mainstream media repeatedly gives mccain a fairer shake in their reporting so, i disagree when people say obama has the media locked up.
mccain's camp tends to repeat falsehoods until people actually believe them. it's a common tactic among republicans.

Heather, I doubt Joe ever thought in his wildest dreams it would come to this,

and as for being a big boy, ok, so let the media ruin his life?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Thank you. The business is a millstone, but my Wife is the best. 19 years and we have never had a real argument or any thought of not staying together. I am blessed.

My relationship with my country and government however is on shaky ground. I can not believe how stupid people become when it comes to politics. We elect the exact people we claim to hate. I almost went with McCain, but then I woke up. Voting for someone else not on the ballot is not a wasted vote as I once thought. It is the only way we have to say; both Parties suck and their Candidates are unacceptable.

The people at the rallies I watched in those videos looked drugged and mesmerized. We have replaced hating someone based on skin color with hating each other based on political affiliation. We think of ourselves as an advanced species when in fact, we are inferior and undeserving. We are so shallow that we can be led to act like raving lunatics in support of people we don't know and in fact know almost nothing about. Sometimes I'm ashamed to be human and to admit I've acted human myself. I actually envy my Wifes cats. Happy and contented with no worries or concerns. Are we really a superior species?

OK, I'll take my med's
I have a bottle of 15 year old Scotch my Wife bought me that needs to be a little emptier.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
An American citizen should be able to ask Obama
a question, without being crucified by the Obama campaign.
Obama is ahead in the polls, but are the polls
a realistic reflection of what will actually happen
in the voting booth? Obama is outspending McCain
3 to one ... He has 90% of the media in his pocket
... he has 98% of the black vote ... he has voter fraud
on his side, with groups like Acorn ... and yet the
election is still close. So far, all the conclusions by all the
pundits are totally based upon POLLS. Not a single actual vote
has been cast yet. Obama supporters gush at how
well their man has done in the debates, which proves
once again that Obama is a good debater and a good
speaker. It doesn't say anything about his character,
judgement, or what kind of a leader he would be.
I still would rather trust a man who would not sell out
his fellow prisoners, even during 5 years of torture,
than to trust a man who betrayed a 20 year friendship,
for personal ambition. And ... regarding this election,
until people actually vote ... it ain't over till it's over

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Well how would you like to treat criminals? You see, "joe" is a criminal.

Even criminals are allowed a question ?

yes?

I am not one for beatin a dead horse.

But I wonder how the Joe haters would hold up under scrutiny?

Honestly , jfj, you think looking into his divorce records is fair?

[edit on 063131p://bFriday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
pajamasmedia.com...

Or they do this.....

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
pajamasmedia.com...

Or they do this.....

OH no, this is the worse ever,

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

no, his life is what it is.
he decided to speak with exaggerations about his situation and the media as usual, looked into his story.
any good reporter would. he made his bed now, he should lie in it.
i'm done defending my opinion.
if you can't accept it, oh well.
joe wanted an answer from obama about his plans. he got his answer and maybe he should have said it was a plan for his distant future. he talked like he was ready to buy this "250,000" business next week.
i repeat: joe's an adult, he brought it on himself.
i don't go around spouting untruths to catch politicians in "gotcha" moments.
anyway, he's voting for mccain.
so, there you go.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join