It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lockheed KL Aircraft Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I ran across this link recently on a General Electric (GE) website. GE has been a subcontractor, on aircraft projects, to all aspect RF & IR low observable airframe developers, including Northrop, Boeing and Lockheed.

The website identifies a UAV that I have not been able to link to any projects I am aware of.

www.geaviationsystems.com...

Toward the bottom of the page, there is a line that states:

"Lockheed Martin KL UAV"

The statement could be in error:
- Another contractor developed the "KL UAV"
- GE misidentified or misspelled another project by Lockheed
- Or combination of above
- The project does not exist and the line is a placeholder (unlikely)

The statement could be true:
- The sponsor has allowed the information to be released.
- The sponsor has not allowed the information to be released and it was posted by mistake, or otherwise

Does anyone have and information or ideas regarding this statement on GE's website?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Nothing listed for Lockheed in the UAV dept according to flight global with that name. Though I should note that they seem out of date and don't include Polecat (maybe due to operational status). Also I'm unsure why in your link why RATTLRS is included in the list as it is a demonstration missile?

*On a second look there is more then UAV's on this link like the Apache but the KL UAV is a new one to me as well.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I believe the "KL UAV" program may have been a project for Kuala Lumpur (KL) where Lockheed was working up a missile launch solution for a BAe UAV system.
Just a guess though...

[edit on 10-17-2008 by intelgurl]

join