It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pipeline bombed again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Pipeline bombed again

www.edmontonsun.com

Tensions in the timber are exploding after another deliberately set bomb damaged a second section of natural gas pipeline yesterday on a northern B.C. network owned by EnCana
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thestar.com

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Another one?

The first one was never reported on!

At least I have never come across a pipeline bombing Northwest of Edmonton in Canada.

It seems some entity in Canada wants to shut down a major pipeline!

I bet its a bunch of kids who found some blasting caps or something along that line.

www.edmontonsun.com

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It could be a false flag or some idiot ELFers have decided to try to shut down the fuel supply to the lower 48 that will be blamed on the entire environmental movement. Leave that stuff alone! That's how many people heat their homes.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
this was posted a couple of days ago

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Thanks. I did a search under pipeline bomb and did not find anything.

Nevertheless, this is late in the news cycle. The star posted this Oct 17th 2008 at 4:30 am.....they missed last nights deadline?!

I find it amazing that this will be "played down" by our news yet if the pipeline anywhere in the Middle East was bombed it would be Front Page CNN.

On second thought...I guess it is not so amazing...simply par for the course with the NA MSM.

CHEERS..I am going back to read Hollywoods amazing thread...www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
RCMP anti-terrorism team takes over bombing investigation

Officers from the Ottawa-based national post-blast team set up at the bomb scene near Dawson Creek today, combing the ground for clues as to how and with what someone tried to blow-up a pipeline.

The RCMP's anti-terrorism Integrated National Security Enforcement Team has now taken over leading the investigation from local officers.

That's certainly an interesting development. In this story it's mentioned that the local newspaper had received a threatening letter about the pipeline. Environmental extremists, maybe?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
An interesting "take" on this situation will run from Feb. 8-14, 2010 at www.brokenpencil.com/deathmatch. Please vote for "Gotta Be Another Way" if you believe the story deserves wider circulation.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There's been a number of these bombings over the last few years:

November 2007

www.tarsandswatch.org...

October 2008

www.cbc.ca...

July 2009

www.calgarysun.com...

What is prompting these attacks is not certain, but my money is on concerns over sour gas.

One of the main suspects involved is a Weibo Ludwig, But I'm not so sure he's involved in recent incidents, mainly because the RCMP are all over him like flies on cowpatties.

[edit on 7/2/10 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The OPs link brings up a 404 page not found. What's up with that?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven

Another one?

The first one was never reported on!

At least I have never come across a pipeline bombing Northwest of Edmonton in Canada.

It seems some entity in Canada wants to shut down a major pipeline!

I bet its a bunch of kids who found some blasting caps or something along that line.

www.edmontonsun.com

They reported on it here, it wasn't that long ago. We're not a panicky bunch up here, just because something bad happens doesn't mean the terrorists are out to get us. Sometimes it's just a simple act of vandalism by an individual or group.

Not that I condone this sort of thing, but hey, if you're going to blow something up to take a jab at the establishment, make it an oil or gas pipeline. It's in the middle of no where, no one got hurt, and it sends a message.

I think Canadians on the one hand are pleased that we have the economic benefits of oil/gas deposits, and on the other would be just as happy to see the whole thing go away in turn for a more environmental alternative.

top topics

join