It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is this a joke?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
just logged onto my youtube account and recieved this message

From Subject

ParallelJourney

Columbian Accord
Columbian Accord
In the best interest of all public communications with regard to anti terrorism measures recently adopted by most nations, it is advisable to understand the various aspects of what is considered terrorism. Are you aware that expressing a libelous opinion which invokes unwarranted fear can be considered a terroristic threat? Most people aren't but you seem well informed. Are you also aware that YouTube has arms of management in several countries? On YouTube many consider themselves anonymous. Absolutely a mistake! The Communications Commission of most countries has direct access to YouTube identification procedures. You Need To Know this. YouTube has received a number of complaints against you for making libelous and terroristic statements in a public forum. It is in the best interest of all concerned if you would manage your communications in a less libelous manner. Free speech is free until it becomes costly to the speech maker. Thanks for your time.

---------------------

the persons youtube is
ca.youtube.com...

im confused as hell as to what its about
i did have up the entire bill deagle doomsday interview but is that what its about

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Sounds like you have garnered the attention of some pretty serious people.

The more and more I find out about Youtube the more and more I get the feeling it is a mousetrap. There seems to be a lot of strange happenings on that site.

I would tread carefully if I were in your shoes, the cloak of anonymity isn't as thick as one would wish to believe.

Thanks for posting this

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Im not sure but looking at his account he is either trying to be helpful or thinks hes a law under his own, i wouldnt pay much notice.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Perhaps you should research this:

Castineau LLC BCG Inc.

Maybe that will give you some indication of what this person's agenda may be.

Also....what does this line mean?

"Interpretive law for unusual applications."

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

i just googled that and got 1 hit.

To here: jph.durand.free.fr...

No idea what that's all about

Maybe, weeneedtoknow you should report them to youtube admin. because they're most likely a troll trying to scare you

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Yeah i checked that and it looks like just a list of names, maybe hes taking names and kicking ass like chuck norris, i think hes just stirring the pot but who knows these days.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
He seems like some type of lawyer A-hole, but I dont really care for the cut of his jib.

Who goes around making threats on Youtube and trying to suppress free speech?

Doesnt really sound like a hobby anyone would do for nothing...he is an instrument of someone or something bigger.

Just my opinion anyway.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Gastineau is a common french name, and all the people of that name are not link to the mysterious society behind this youtube story ; also the webpage (ie "home") you link to has nothing to do with any kind of conspiracy. Check your googling methods out, dude.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Agree, must the reptards that Ken Adachi is talking about. So lame really, so much for this world of ours. The letter is more terroristic and libelous to me. So many more selfish corporations and states really than individuals.But so lame really that's why this world of ours is going downhill.====....

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by BlackOps719

i just googled that and got 1 hit.

To here: jph.durand.free.fr...

No idea what that's all about

Maybe, weeneedtoknow you should report them to youtube admin. because they're most likely a troll trying to scare you

It's a list of names ("noms propres").

Here is his homepage, for what it's worth:

jph.durand.free.fr...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by weneedtoknow

Unsettling, in the least. My initial reaction would be to contact said Lawyer and ask exactly what did he mean as you took his email to be a threat (maybe/maybe not). Then, the word "lawyer" made me think - do you know anyone who may give you legal advice for free - a phone conversation at most to outline the situation and get an idea of what legally may/may not be done to protect yourself? Is this guy an official representative of you tube? If not, can of worms has been opened on this guy.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
His language is a scare tactic. He is trying to keep you quiet but he is not in much of a position to do so without your unwilling cooperation.

By mentioning things like the word terrorism and various communications bodies he is using a simple tactic of keyword scare tactics.

He should not have stated that youtube has received complaints against you unless he was writing as a representative of youtube which he was not.

Unfortunately for him he chose to mix two tactics and fell on his face. Unimpressive.

Do not fear him.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Rather than get all panicked about why not read up on it first. BTW I suspect this guy is a political Blogger with a McCain for Prez in his sights

Guide to Anti_terrorist Legislation

It's a pdf so it's pretty dang big. and very longwinded.

I think your email came from this guy...could be wrong but he's very outspoken and quite passionate.
Blog page

Doubt you're being targetted by any Gov agencies as yet...likely just raised the ire of some over-zealous right winger.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
A few months ago on you tube I was letting people know of the situation that is unfolding under our eyes. I posted a comment about concentration camps on AmericaHD's page. they wrote me a letter but I deleted it a couple months ago. The only part that i remember in the letter was your either with us or against us, you chose. I did find a comment that they left me: "You are preaching dissent of the worst kind. Your kind will be suppressed hastily if you do not stop."

After I did that my account was temporary banned for 3 weeks.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
thanks for your replies
i had posted nothing about terrorism or anything i dont get what this guys problem is

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
He's drumming up some business. He's using the pervasive fear tactic. Report him and start your blacklist.

top topics

join