It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSH: "We are in a SERIOUS financial CRISIS.. This is not a gov. TAKEOVER"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

"remember remember the 5th of november
i see no reason the gunpowder plot
should ever be forgot!"
quote from the movie V
i prob. trashed the quote but the essence is there

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by inthesticks

Ain't working for me either. You know, there is a term in politics where you become a "lame duck". Basically it refers to the point (ususally after an encumbant loses the election and there is that period of time between November and January, where you're not really worthy of doing anything further) that your constiuents have told you to take a hike, so take a vacation.

Of course in this case, Bush is out and we all know it, so he becomes by default a "lame duck" now.

Now, in my experience in politics, when the "lame duck" thing kicks in, the honest people back off and do not do anything that will affect the incoming person's ability to handle things. BUT the dishonest ones will go out doing absolutely everything in their power to mess things up after they are gone.

I think Bush has spent his entire second term as the dishonest lame duck at this stage of the game.

It's time for him to shut up. *Relentless is beyond disgusted*

[edit on 10/17/2008 by Relentless]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

and we should all shoot our guns off to let them hear us at noon on the fifth of november to let them (HEAR) the people are still a forced to be HEARED before they do something stupid and turn on the people in force!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bluewaterservant

We don't have to shoot our guns off, all we have to do is vote out anybody that voted for this stinking bailout, because that WAS the litmus test for who gave a darn about "constiuents".

I would like to see everyone stand up at noon on election day and scream (like the movie clip in the thread called "I'm Mad as Hell")

I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Oh My, Nightly Business Report has made this video regarding the Bailout and financial crisis. So crazy when something so funny is also so true - be sure to catch the "legal disclaimer" at the end!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
hahahahaha redhatty! the Feds have to crazy to think the American public will EVER believe them again in the lifetime of anyone now living

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I guess he visits ATS just a bit too much.

I dunno, i think he should just shut up, the market hits free fall every time he opens his mouth.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

i beleve that voting them out does not work!
they do not hear or listen to the people!
voting does not create sound!
i am not talking show of force.
one bullet from every gun from the people!
shoot into sand bag!
that is a peaceful hearing of the people!
they know they are going to have to use force,even if the people are peaceful!
their force will be an auditory debilitating tone(noise)
i ran in it a site from a link on here and heard a tone here in my computer and even at low vol it was effecting i had to pull the plug!
so let them hear our tone roll across the country one last peaceful time!
then pray as if our a.. depends upon cause it does!
then just do the next right thing!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

First of all, they don't listen because we don't follow through. Voting them out en masse would finally make them think twice and I fully expect the bulk of them facing the ballot who voted yes to be voted out.

Secondly - what you suggest is not legal anywhere, even in the most gun friendly states - so what are we talking about? Shall we just give them a reason to declare martial law and lock up every one who has a gun?

Seriously.

Here's noise for ya (found Loam's thread). Watch the video.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10/17/2008 by Relentless]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

We would have to be very careful, peaceful, yet firm in what what want. The worst thing we could do is give them any reasons to enforce any more laws or anything related to that. Why make ourselves out to be savages?? That will just show people in other countries that we are no better then the Gov.. I think if we do anything, and thats a BIG if, that it would have to be the biggest protest in US history but extremely peaceful.

I know that its not possible because we have a lot of people in the US that don't use their heads. One A hole doing something violent would turn the whole thing into a riot between the people and the police. Its such a messy situation, but if we are going to act it has to be in an intelligent and peaceful matter.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

not legel to go to the gun club or your hunt clubs and shoot a gun off at noon?
wow
i wonder how that law got passed?why?hmm

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluewaterservant

and we should all shoot our guns off to let them hear us at noon on the fifth of november to let them (HEAR) the people are still a forced to be HEARED before they do something stupid and turn on the people in force!

I'm sorry, thats the worst idea I have heard on here yet. Everyone shooting a gun off?? To me, if I hear a gun thats a sign of danger.. I'm sure anyone would feel that way. Not to mention about 40% of the population should NEVER have a gun in their possession to begin with. To many uneducated, or trigger happy people in the US. I'm not saying you are, but I'm sure you can't count at least 5 people you know personally that you would run from if they had a gun.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Exactly, but you could do what is in the video. It would be fun too.

12 Noon on election day, where ever you are in the US - wouldn't that be a wild rip?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

not legel to go to the gun club or your hunt clubs and shoot a gun off at noon?
wow
i wonder how that law got passed?why?hmm

Okay, where I live the gun clubs are out in the woods, no where near where anyone is going to notice. And not for nothing, but that would just be a self serving yahoo for the people participating, it's not going to make a statement.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

well than baby we all better get a horn because we must make a joyful noise (sound) so they will hear with there ears not their eyes.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

reply to post by KaginD

well than baby we all better get a horn because we must make a joyful noise (sound) so they will hear with there ears not their eyes.

Okay - that was rather snide. I'm starting to seriously question your intentions on this thread. Betcha didn't even watch the video posted by Loam.

Put your gun talk away NOW!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

relentless:Loved it! not only smiled i got a deep guteral laughter rolled and the floor and know that is the truth! we must come together and make sound of it to make change!
thanks for the laugh it is quite healing!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I thought you were directing that to me for a second lol. I was like what did I say wrong
No but really, guns were not what I thought I would see on this thread and I would really appreciate it if people didn't talk about guns on here. Its not a resolution to the problem. It just adds more fuel to the fire. We are all intelligent people, I think we can find better solutions to this then guns.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

So we can get back to the topic and stop talking nonsense? Cause that would be great.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I just checked out the close of the Dow. It was down another 195. It seems like every time we make a gain, it falls right back down the next day. I don't think we are going to see 10000 again for a long time. Bush must think we are all deaf, dumb, and blind. I am in my twenties and don't have a penny invested in the market, but I watch it every day. I don't get how some people can still think there is something to gain in all of this.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join