It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSH: "We are in a SERIOUS financial CRISIS.. This is not a gov. TAKEOVER"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

Somebody is pulling the strings and the President is merely the front man.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Crabmeat

Yeah but, how many of those millions who own guns, own bombs and targetting systems that could be launched into crowds from high altitude? Regardless of how "many" people are strongly against the governement, and regardless how many of those own firepower, the government is in control of all the weapons that really matter...in the end everyone lose.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Taledus

what will the government have left to take over if they start launching high altitude weapons into crowds of people. New York City in shambles? Chicago on fire again? It's not going to happen, can't. Unless it was done through more subtle ways, i.e. brainwashing?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Crabmeat

I agree not government specially US will jeopardize its standing status bombing to oblivion its own citizens and damaging the infrastructure of the nation.

That will never happen.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Oh, you know what else I loved about his speech????

The part where he said the Federal reserve was going to donate more "paper" to get things going again.

Yippie, does that mean we can start coloring our own pieces of paper and drawing $$ signs on them? They would be worth the same.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

I think he means make raffles and giving away bags of paper so the American people that are lucky enough to "buy tickets" be able to use their own paper to bail themselves out.

I tell you we should start printing our own money and used it t pay taxes with it and all our bills.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I always wonder why they would want martial law because of the inevitable rioting that would ensue from it. But, I don't put anything by these people. IMHO they are doing all of this to bring in the new currency and all that. They can't just introduce a new currency to the people without a reason for it. But, if the dollar collapses, well now they can "save the day" with this new currency that is "more stable" then the dollar was. They do everything for a reason and I don't think that anything that is happening now, in the past, or in the future is a surprise to the people that lead the US. They know what they are doing and eventually we will see why.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Its Orwellian double speak.

He is so reassuring, i feel all warm and fuzzy again.

The day he is OUT of that White HOuse, i will beleive he is gone- otherwise, i have my serious doubts! And take Lon Cheney with ya too.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

I *believe* that eventually we will seea one world currency, but not until TPTB and their cronies make every last bit of profit off the FOREX.

FOREX - if readers don't know - is THE exchange for trading in currencies.

As long as they can still suck more out of us, they will. When they can't suck any more out, THEN they will change the currency standards

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

I never heard of FOREX before. I am going to look into that a little more and I'll post some things I find on this thread. Thanks for the info

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

A forex scam is any trading scheme used to defraud individual traders by convincing them that they can expect to gain a high profit by trading in the foreign exchange market. Currency trading "has become the fraud du jour," according to Michael Dunn of the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission. [1] But "the market has long been plagued by swindlers preying on the gullible," according to the New York Times [2]. "The average individual foreign-exchange-trading victim loses about $15,000, according to CFTC records" according to The Wall Street Journal. [3]. The North American Securities Administrators Association says that "off-exchange forex trading by retail investors is at best extremely risky, and at worst, outright fraud."

en.wikipedia.org...

Thats insane. I knew about things like this, but I didn't know about forex. Thanks again!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
Well, technically, he is correct. It's not a Gov takeover, it's a Central Bank takeover.

Remember it is Federal Reserve Bank Intervention happening, and the Federal reserve bank is no more a Federal entity than Federal Express

can you clarify this? i think i understand what you mean, but this little voice sitting on my desk hear at work is screaming at me that the Federal reserve bank is under the dept of the treasury and we all know where that leads.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unnoan
can you clarify this? i think i understand what you mean, but this little voice sitting on my desk hear at work is screaming at me that the Federal reserve bank is under the dept of the treasury and we all know where that leads.

Some reading material

A small excerpt:

On December 23, 1913, the Federal Reserve Act, also known as the Glass-Owen Bill, was passed. The Republican controlled Senate rammed the bill through when many members of the US Congress were home for the holiday. The President, Dr. Thomas Woodrow Wilson, signed it into law one hour after being passed by the Congress! Somebody very powerful really wanted this law passed. The Federal Reserve System is an independent central bank. Although the President of the United States appoints the chairman of the Fed, and this appointment is approved by the United States Senate, the decisions of the Fed do not have to be ratified by the President, or anyone else in the executive branch of the United States government. Buried in the legislation was the granting of total power over the monetary policies of all US banks. A very curious statement is found in the original 1913 law. SEC. 30. The right to amend, alter, or repeal this Act is hereby expressly reserved.

Do read the whole article :-)

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well someone has taken over, cause it sure isn't we the people...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Unnoan

Actually the take over happening is of the "treasury department" not the fed as the fed is and has been a private interest bank ruled by global banks.

Now the treasury department with the new powers given to them will become nothing more than another private entity within the government not to be ruled by the nations government but by the same entities that rules the Federal reserve.

In other worlds now the global banks will have their printing presses at their disposal to take care of each other at the expenses of the tax payer

And we the people can not event take them to court or ask what they are doing.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You know ... I wish the government would just stop toying with us and do what they are planning to do.

If matrial law or anything nuts like that is inimate, PLEASE just do it. I need a reason to pack up and hit the road ...

Personally I am so sick of being a part of this nation. Im not denouncing my patriotism or my citizenship, Im just sick of being apart of a system i had no choice of choosing. We are in debt the day we are born and left with debts to our loved ones when we leave.

What is it going to take for people to realize we the people, are the cattle.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
That kind of sounds like a "This is gonna hurt me, more than it hurts you" type of speech right before we get a spanking.. lol

I don't know, this world is nuts, and the pistachios are running it.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I love how CNN and the other media stations do the polls. For example, when they did the "do you think the bailout should be passed?" poll. I think it was something like 75% said they did not want it to pass.. Well, we all know what happened there. Democracy you say??
Thats a joke these days. The media outlets ask us for our opinion.. thats about it. I feel so important that CNN cares what I think

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

perfect, thanks.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
...IMO I think they have done enough damage and should just let it alone and see what happens...

why should they just stop their meticulous plan to "see what happens"? they've been orchestrating this whole economic "crisis" for quite a long time now...

never forget that TPTB has a motto - "Ordo ab Chao" - order out of chaos. they've been scheming up this little plot of theirs and creating panic and disorder, only to reap, or "rape", the benefits, all for themselves.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join