It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSH: "We are in a SERIOUS financial CRISIS.. This is not a gov. TAKEOVER"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Alright, who let the cat out of the bag?? How did he ever find out about our secret "conspiracy"?

Is he serious? I know he has been saying this for a while, but he's acting like this is breaking news or something! Make what you will of this thread, I just had to get that off my chest. Does he plan on doing anything aside from telling us over and over that we are in a crisis? IMO I think they have done enough damage and should just let it alone and see what happens.. Thats just my opinion though. Since he started talking the Dow has gone down.. He has such a way of comforting his people don't he?
And now he is stating that this "isn't a government take over".. Well, coulda fooled me.
Whats your take?

money.cnn.com...

[edit on 17-10-2008 by KaginD]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hrm...

If there is nothing to worry about, then why is he reassuring us this is "not a government takeover"?

I smell BS lol. Apparently he thinks that America still trusts its politicians if they say something on live TV.

I'm surprised he didn't manage to fit "terrorists" in with the economy. That seems more his speed.

The United States of Haliburton is well underway

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Good sense always tells me to take whatever George W. Bush says and assume the exact opposite to be the truth.

Take that however you wish.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I just don't understand why he is even mentioning a government takover
I just read on another thread that the gov. officials from the EU and the US are meeting this weekend to discuss a world currency.. And the source was from yahoo.. something really fishy is going on here IMO.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Do you have a source for that? I am not saying that I don't believe it...I believe that rubbish would fall out of his mouth. Also on one of the other threads I am trying to get people to start petitions in thier area, call congressmen, call/email friends, whatever it will take that may not work but we will atleast have tried something.

It is my belief that he is going to screw us over yet again with trying to encourage that it's all okay. I feel a vasaline investment is in order

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The government took over a long time ago. They're just getting more open with it now.
This financial crisis has them having us were they want us...Looking to them for a solution.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

You know what he said after 9/11? "do not believe the conspiracy theorists" So when he says 'we are not taking over' you know what it means. It's getting so obvious it would be funny if we were not getting screwed so hard.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taledus
reply to post by KaginD

Do you have a source for that? I am not saying that I don't believe it...I believe that rubbish would fall out of his mouth. Also on one of the other threads I am trying to get people to start petitions in thier area, call congressmen, call/email friends, whatever it will take that may not work but we will atleast have tried something.

It is my belief that he is going to screw us over yet again with trying to encourage that it's all okay. I feel a vasaline investment is in order

Sure, gimme a minute so I can find the transcript from CNBC. Sorry, I was just typing while he was talking lol

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
yeah , Ok now its official it is a government take over, just like they had Weapons of mass destruction, and mission accomplished...

Yeat amonth ogo it was "the economy is strong"

When are people going to wake up to the fact that all government does no matter if its dems or republicans, they just grow government bigger abd bigger..

I saw part of this speach and he made it clear that this was not a government take over.. well im calling there bluff this is a government take over..

here is some one trying to warn us back in march:
www.city-data.com...

this crap has gone way to far.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD

Originally posted by Taledus
reply to post by KaginD

Sure, gimme a minute so I can find the transcript from CNBC. Sorry, I was just typing while he was talking lol

Got it
money.cnn.com...

Sorry I didn't post it with the OP

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Why he was compel to come out and say that?

Well because dip inside the one thing that any government fear from its people is a civil unrest, our for the people government is actually very afraid that we the people will March to Washington and demand their heads.

See, even how much power the people still hold.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Well, technically, he is correct. It's not a Gov takeover, it's a Central Bank takeover.

Remember it is Federal Reserve Bank Intervention happening, and the Federal reserve bank is no more a Federal entity than Federal Express

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Yea, I wasnt too crazy about his speech. BUT I believed him when he said that if those big companies were left to fail, our financial system would collapse.

Now here is my opinion on that.

Let it.

I think more and more people have been buying local everything. They have made the conscious choice to buy from small businesses rather than the big dogs. Right down to what banks they want to be associated with. Looks like me made an impact after all.

My guess is that this turn away from the big corporations doesn't go over too well with the government... any of them.

WE the people are at war with corporate America.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thats what I'm saying. It was all the usual.. Bailout, crisis, yada yada yada.. Then he comes out with the gov. Takeover line and I suddenly found myself listening lol. Its not like he ever says anything different. He just rewords his last speech. But that.. That was out of the ordinary to me.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

A star for you sister!!!!!!!!!!!!! the fight of corporate America against the people of this nation started during the Nixon era, cemented during Reagan and the take over is happening now under bush.

Now we the people are in war with them once they took our for the people government and turned into a pool of corruption and greed they think that they do not have to answer to the citizens of this nation.

I think Bush and his cronies are very afraid of what this nation citizens may do.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
K I like your name and your avie, odd he would even bother to say it out loud you know??? Must be all the web bot stuff coming up when you type in 'bailout', lol, that said now that he has spoken, I am very concerned about this being a gov. takeover...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Not only are we at war with them, but we are WINNING!!!

The small banks are refusing to accept this money. They dont need it. The government can pump as much $$$ as they want into these big companies. WE dont want to be associated with them. WE dont have to do business with them if we dont want to. Considering they depend on the consumer, that means they WILL fail.

It does not matter what type of currency the world governments say is best for us to use. WE do not have to use it, and WE do not have to give it to the big corporations.

We DO have a choice.

Originally posted by marg6043

I think Bush and his cronies are very afraid of what this nation citizens may do.

Yep

That is exactly what his speech sounded like to me.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by mrsdudara]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Question to all of you who think that a government takeover is imminent.

If the government did attempt to take over, how would they control the masses?

They'd need an army to control the worlds population. Unless of course they decide to let the masses kill each other.
Or they have insane crowd control technology.

What I'm trying to say, is the government is made up of people, not robots.
Lets say your a governmental worker, and your boss tells you that the gov'ts planning to take over... are you going to say "okay" and do what he commands you to do? The few people that would agree to the governments proposal would have no chance against the millions of US citizens who own guns.

So again I ask, how do you propose this supposed government take over would occur?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The sad thing is that as you can see is only few of us that are creaming and calling this for what it is, but rather than be in Washington exercises our power to control our government we are just sitting at home comfortable complaining on our computers on sites like this.

They will take over and we will still be sitting at home complaining until they come for our guns.

We probably will give them away gladly, this what has become of America.

But at least you can tell that our corrupted government knows that they are doing wrong to this nation and its people and they can not stop been afraid.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Why would Bush want to take over the Banks?
When hes out of there soon anyway.
Bought his farm in South America hes history babay!
I think someone unrelated to Bush is doing all this.
And its not related to McCain.
So what benefit do they get?
All part of the master plan on both sides I guess.
We will see.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join