It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines: An Experiment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Based only on my observation from the general population, watching the media entertainment, talking with lots of people, I concluded that this country is an experiment on homosexuality. What made the increase is out of my turf. Everyone I talked to, said it's social influences, family suppression, hereditary, and other reasons beyond belief.

Given that the ratio of 10 to 1 having more female than male, the 30 percent of male population are homosexuals not counting the ones that have not come out. Out of this 30%, 10% are in the entertainment business as media hosts, 10% crossdressers, the remainder 10% are obviously effeminate.

I wish everyone should visit this country to witness the increase. And it's all out in the open where children are exposed to everyday media broadcast in hourly basis.

Because of poverty, the men and women are turning to them just for financial favors. Likewise, not sure on how this country would recruit would-be soldiers to defend this country if this phenomenon spread.

This is just a far-fetched idea, when I read about a post here on power-that-be are homosexuals, this country could be saved, protected, nurtured and pampered! LOL

What's your take guys?

Mod, move it where appropriate.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I'm Filipino and I still live and I'm actually gay. lol For one thing, even though soldiers are paid pitifully, there will still be men who'll sign up for the military because of the scarcity of jobs. And considering we inherited two macho cultures (US and Spain), homosexuality is not about to take over anytime soon. Also it's quite impossible for straight blue-collarly types (or as I would like to call them the non-self awares
) to experience sexual ambivalence. KInda like that saying about old dogs and new tricks, ya dig?

[edit on 17-10-2008 by eldard]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by vigpat

Given that the ratio of 10 to 1 having more female than male, the 30 percent of male population are homosexuals not counting the ones that have not come out. Out of this 30%, 10% are in the entertainment business as media hosts, 10% crossdressers, the remainder 10% are obviously effeminate.
wow lucky sob's

wait 10:1 women to men ratio and 30% of all men are gay meaning for evey 100 women there are 7 hetrosexual guys guys ...... yeah i wish i could go there too like you suggest

I wish everyone should visit this country to witness the increase. And it's all out in the open where children are exposed to everyday media broadcast in hourly basis.
media braodcasts of what? people who are homosexual? people saying homosexuality is good? ladyboy strippers reading the news? they are very different thing you might need to clarify what you mean

Because of poverty, the men and women are turning to them just for financial favors. Likewise, not sure on how this country would recruit would-be soldiers to defend this country if this phenomenon spread.
Them who? wait the gays have all the money so the poor go pretend to be gay to get money? your not bieng very clear here

yes with a country full of homosexuals a great army could never happen, like it didnt happen in sparta, thebian sacred band msot feared troops in thebes .. pretty much any greek army who were the most feared throughout the world

the romans appear to have been partial to a bit of homosexualtiy too

This is just a far-fetched idea, when I read about a post here on power-that-be are homosexuals, this country could be saved, protected, nurtured and pampered! LOL
sorry? maybe im reading this wrong but your saying its far fetched to believe that some of the powers that be are homosexual? just why is that?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

I'm also a filipino but not gay. The OP is right about media television broadcast where game shows, contest shows like pinoy idol (version of american idol), and various programs always have their homosexual hosts.

When I go bar-hopping in a straight clubs, they have also these stand-up, gay comedians in all the strips.
Most gays here work in the beauty shops as hairdressers, fashion designers and club entertainers and sure they have money. OP, I think "them" means the gays and lesbians.

The OP meant that the power-that-be would not (far-fetch) save, protect, help this country in spite of their similarities.

new topics

top topics

join