It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want an ATS "Ask Karl Denninger Interview"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I have an extremely vague idea of the term "derivative". This is supposed to be the next big crash after the the housing bubble.

In layman's terms, I would appreciate how the derivative market works, and how this is a ticking time bomb.

Thanks Relentless!!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Great Idea, I kind of seen this thread but I forgot to follow up on the content.

I would love to hear Mr. Karl Denninger opinion on the biggest bail out of the American history to global elites and if this can be considered a scam to the tax payer or not.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Ewwwww........

Here's a ticker that should raise some more questions (shooting to organize a podcast or something next weekend)

market-ticker.org...

This stuff just gets scarier every day.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

The Truth is that the purpose of the EESA/TARP is to rescue the bankers on Wall Street and elsewhere who have made imprudent loans, all of whom are aware of the declining value of a dollar of debt in the economy - a fact they have intentionally concealed from you. The bankers (including Hank and Ben) all know how to do this math, and they are well-aware that the best they can do at this point is to "Rob every dollar you can while the getting is good, and hope they don't figure it out before you get the cash."

From you source.

Relentless we did here in ATS we figured out this is the biggest scam in the history of this nation and the biggest robbery of tax payer money.

You need to open a new thread with that source because is already all kind of information coming out talking about the scam.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So is ATS going to interview Karl D?

C'mon everyone throw your vote into the hat!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I would ask him if he thinks he understands the DEPTH of the corruption in the financial markets and the extent and power that the trilateral commission/bilderberg group has over these markets or wether he believes this idea is tinfoil?

That would give me a good idea to determine the usefullness of his solution in the real world that we live in- not some academic model.

He has lots of good ideas, and he is passionate.

But i believe the majority of finanical voices are afraid to go too deep down the rabbit hole regarding corruption/fraud/etc for fear that this will turn off alot of the "traditional investors" or draw some unnecesarry attention to themselves.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Karl has no fear, but he sticks to what is absolutes, not tinfoil, so I don't know how much he would have to say about things like the Bilderbergs, etc.

It doesn't matter, there is enough he knows and won't hesitate to talk about no matter who's behind it. He names names and there are enough public figures involved. You can make your own connections to the "groups" if you chose from his responses here on ATS.

Lets get just a few more questions to "round out" the interview for a comprehensive discussion. I am sure I can get him to do a follow-up afterwards if it's warranted.

Do you guys prefer written word or Podcast?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I vote PodCast! He is actually pretty great to listen to, and the more audio there is the better chances of being able to splice that into bigger and better video presentations.

And if I can add to the questions again: What are some of the similarities and differences between this and the 1929 crash. What makes this one worse, what makes it better. And there was a big crash before the '29 one I have heard a few people mention, saying it was even worse and more like this impending one. Any correlation?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I have a question for him, what signs should we look for to know it is a good time to get back into the market.

Volatility is way too high, and many of us have already lost more than we wanted to. Somewhere there has to be a bottom that the economy can build back up on.

How can we tell when to get in for the real upswing?

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm pretty familiar with KD's opinions and thoughts, but here is one of the things that I've heard him give a pretty good layman's explanation to that I think is very important, and might give someone a better understanding of the crisis.

1. A quick explanation of the "velocity of money" and how it pertains to the current crisis.

As far as new questions for Karl, I'd like to know.

1. Does he still think the coming depression will be deflationary, hyper-inflationary or some as yet undefined hybrid combination of the two?

2.Aside from pestering the hell out of any and all elected officials, protesting, and general strikes, what else can someone of limited means do to get things going the right way.

3. I'd also like to know what he thinks now about some of the things that have recently been floated by the EU in regards to a "new economic paradigm".

4. Is there any chance in hell of the recent actions by govt.s worldwide will do anything but delay the day of rekoning.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'd like to vote for a text interview if possible.

My question:
Karl, which currencies do you see coming out of this cluster-f the least scathed? With the Euro going off a cliff, the Yen and U$ appear to be strengthening (for now, at least). Given the leverage issues with UK banks, will the £ make it? The U$?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

One nice broad rant topic:
1) What do you see as the possible causes of deflation in the US, in the next few years?

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Last call for questions!

Surely this weekend there should be some more -

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

To expand my previous question:

I would really like a 'hands-on' explanation of inflation, deflation, 'stagflation', and exactly what, in American economic policy in the next few years, will lead to either of these. I've seen academic explanations, and they make sense in theory, so I understand the fundamentals, but 'in practice', it seems the dynamics are much more complex, and unknown to the general public. Can the actual possibilities be explained clearly and succinctly?

Thanks.

Edit to add: If it can't be explained succinctly, as many complex issues cannot, I would gladly wade though and attempt to understand a more complex, detailed, yet realistic explanation!

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I doubt KD would do an ATS interview, he thinks we're all moonbats. Frankly, I wish so many hadn't linked to his site, he shut down the Tinfoil forum.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Well, I can't blame him for shutting the tinfoil or political forums down..I mean, that's what ATS is for. He runs a site for trading and market analysis, pretty much with his own money and what donations he gets. I respect the fact that he wants to remain as reputable as possible and also keep the infighting down to a minimum.

So anyways, I still hope he plans on doing this if for no other reason then that ATS does get a lot of hits, I think a pod cast would get disseminated pretty well throughout the internet.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL
I doubt KD would do an ATS interview, he thinks we're all moonbats. Frankly, I wish so many hadn't linked to his site, he shut down the Tinfoil forum.

didn't think he would do one either.......not good PR for him

those that try to attract the investor crowd tread conspiracy topics like the plague usually even if they are open to them in private conversation or not- they have a way of de-legitamizing things in the minds of the investor community partially due to the negative connotation ingraind in our society with the subject and the vast amount of uncertainty that goes hand in hand with the topic but also the high competition in the arena for dolling out investment advise and running forums......makes anyone talking "tinfoil" more suseptible to losing "respect" via others in the market thanks to competitors who would use the open mindedness as a route for personal attacks, character assasingation in order to gain more market share and $.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Mr. Denninger

It has been recently made clear that we are looking at a potentially serious dollar crisis, and much like the extremes of economic volitility as of late, may prove to be far worse than that of the 1970s. Back then it was just price inflation brought on by shocks in the oil market and bad monetary policy to deal with shocks of that kind. Today it is a matter of dollar supremacy and for the first time it is being seriously challenged as the worlds reserve currency. Shifts in central bank holdings of USD have been noticeable and have had serious effects on the dollars performance. Where do you see this going? Meaning that if a serious debasement of the dollar occurs, can you put into perspective what that would do to our whole economic outlook? We both know debt crushes nations eventually, but never has so much debt been accrued, and never has so much fraud been left unanswered. What will a world like that, where debt and lawlessness is the new norm, be like in your professional opinion?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join