It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want an ATS "Ask Karl Denninger Interview"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Most of you who are following my posts here on Global Meltdown should know who Karl is by now. If not, stop by tickerforum.org and click on any "Ticker". Any one should spark your interest.

These times are confusing. Between the financial markets, the government lies & failed interventions, what the entire world is facing and doing about it, where we are going forward, how did we get here in the first place, etc.

I think we all have some good questions at this point, because it's a quagmire (especially if you haven't paid attention to what has been happening till it got this bad).

Karl has graciously offerred to participate in an ATS Interview for our members, so if we get enough response to do a serious show, I'll get it together for you.

ASK YOUR QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD. (No personal financial advice).

Let's try and keep it real. Let's get educated! This is a serious opportunity for ATS Members Only (my call on that). This basically means since I'm doing this for us ATSers, if you are an Anonymous Poster, the question would have to really add to the show for ATS members to be considered.

Fire Away!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I would love a Karl Denninger interactive! Unfortunately, I dont know enough about the markets to even ask an intelligent question
I will however be present. If you speak to him regularly (or at all) please tell him that his videos have been very informative. Ive subscribed to his channel (or whatever you call it) on You Tube. I like his no nonsense approach, and his unflappable delivery. Obama should tap him for advice!

Anyway, please tell him this financial newbie is grateful for his videos.
Thx.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Relentless- Great Idea.

In promotion of "Denying Ignorance", I would ask:

1- His opinions on the current Treasury Bond market.
2- What his feelings are on the possibility of a Bond Market "dislocation". (Maybe even a short explanation on why this may be relevant in today's volatile market.)
3- What economic indicators should we be focused on at this time. Beyond what the MSM want us to be focused on.

Again, thanks both to KD and yourself for helping "J6P" understand this economic gobbledygook of information.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I dont really put much faith in the chap, but nonetheless I would be interested to know his opinions on :

1. Fiat Currency

2. Fractional Reserve Banking

In particular, how have these two contributed to our problems viz. a credit crisis.

Thanks Relentless!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Lurkerzrule

Nice start - that's what I was going to ask - lol, but I do want this to be Member questions, not mine

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Well, it doesn't really matter where you stand on Karl, he can certainly take those two terms that a lot of people may go blank upon hearing and explain them for J6P.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Great idea Relentless and I personally thank you for bringing this great opportunity here to the halls of ATS.

My question is simple:

Do you believe that what we have witnessed in the destruction of the world banking markets to be a result of simple greed and incompetence OR do you believe that there was purposeful manipulation in an attempt at forcing a world wide money grab?

When the market forces companies like Bear Stearns and Wachovia to buckle under and be sold for pennies on the dollar, it is safe to say that someone will be getting very wealthy as a result. Was this move calculated?

Also, with the insane upward and downward swings that we all witnessed in the DJIA last Friday, does he believe that there was purposeful manipulation at hand?

The wild bucking of the market seen on that day was unthinkable in previous years, yet we witnessed 200 and 300 differentials within seconds of each other.

Thank you again for this opportunity...I will follow the remainder of the thread with much interest.

Cheers

Edit - Spelling

[edit on 10/17/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
There are two questions I'd like to ask Karl. Firstly, if he could explain what causes a "bond market dislocation" (who's typically buying these treasury bonds and what would cause them to stop buying long or short term bonds) and what would happen if a bond market dislocation occurs?

And secondly, how is it possible that more than half of the world's nations have negative balance sheets? It seems like only a handful of nations have any real money at all - China, Japan, Russia, etc. The rest have HUGE debts to those nations, with the US leading the field at $10.6 Trillion. I hear all the economy cheerleaders talking it down as a percentage of GDP, but surely the GDP is NOT the government income, TAX receipts are the government's income and that means the debt is something like 5 times annual income and annual income is already insufficient ($500B annual budget deficit). I don't have the first clue when it comes to international economics but I can't see anything except total failure on the horizon. How could the people responsible NOT see this happening?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Hell yes, Relentless! I'm glad KD agreed to this.

My question would be "How can the credit markets be unfrozen and how long it would take to implement that plan. Additionally, with all the sticksaves going on, in his opinion how many are left? I mean, they can't cut interest rates much more..IMO there's no more cartridges left in their gun but they do have a "Nationalization Grenade" clipped to their belts. Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think some of our other members have posted more intelligent questions than I could ask. I just wanted to throw my vote in the hat.

Great idea Relentless, star and flag!

His down to earth explanation of complex economic issues is fantastic.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I would like to know what Karl feels silver might do over the next 1, 3 and 6 months to a year. How many directions does he feel the financial situation could possibly go and how does the dollar, silver and gold figure in. Is what happened in Argentina what might happen here? Thanks

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Nice spread of questions so far - keep them coming.

Bumpity bump

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Gonna need a few more to make this effort worthwhile folks.

Bumpity bump.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Ok, here's another. Why did we see a flight to gold at the beginning of this latest crisis (about 2 weeks ago) but then a reversal within a few days? What made gold unpopular all of a sudden?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Nice going R. This should be fascinating.

Forgive me if I open a can of worms. Why beat around the bush when you've got someone with the big picture?

The US economy has long had gaping holes in its pockets. As if the balance of payments as a result of the new rising economies wasn't enough to worry about, the cost of the war in Iraq is widely projected to run into the trillions.

Then comes the sub-prime fiasco and the resultant credit crunch, not to mention suggestions the market has been allowed to operate in ways that at best can be described as 'rule-bending', thus deepening and widening the rot.

To cap it all, the 'solution' to all these debt-related issues has been to lower the cost of borrowing, to keep failing institutions afloat by injecting them with more debt, and to create ever-more astronomical amounts of money out of thin air.

So here is my question: Knowing every institution from government to the banks themselves are either faced with bottomless debt or defaulting (or bankrupt) debtors, is it possible that the decisions to inject hideous amounts of money into the system are based on a deliberate intention of inflating away debt, both on a national and an international scale? Would this, in fact 'conveniently' provide a solution, in that a currency not pegged to anything but trust is potentially as elastic as its masters wish it to be?

Secondly, is a gold-standard currency (or similar) perhaps the only known way to avoid such inflation-related upheavals/machinations in future?

Thirdly, if there were sufficient political willingness, could the markets be regulated/policed with sufficient strength to avoid the kind of malpractice seen in the sub-prime market? Should certain practices that are today legal perhaps be totally outlawed, for the sake of transparency and stability?

Fourthly, what do you think the G20 is moving towards here? -

www.g8.utoronto.ca...

And finally, who is going to win the election?

(You seem to be able to predict every other future event.
)

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
And finally, who is going to win the election?

(You seem to be able to predict every other future event.
)

LOL! In all honesty I have always voted for the one that won - my entire life - it's uncanny.

But this time around I see nothingness on this front. I still find it hard to believe that Obama will take it, but I really think McCain has blown it and it would take some serious "Genesis Plan" type turn around for him to stand achance either.

I don't think I picked the winner this time, because I absolutely couldn't vote major party line this time. Barr got my vote because I promised them all Yes on the Bailout is a No for you, and I have to stick to my word - it's all we have left. Honestly, when I sent that fax out to everyone, McCain was saying he was not going to back anymore bailouts, so I thought it was safe to say it. but he lied.

Obama has more clout now, and he should do the right thing and start talking real solutions now. Geez - one of them should, it's the only way to really take a stand for the people. The rest of their rhetoric is empty fluff to me now.

Okay then - way off topic - LOL

(Stop getting me going like that - ROTF)

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I want to hear him talk 'tinfoil', in light of his financial expertise. The Bilderberg group, the Rothschilds, etc. That would be fun.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Saturday night bump.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hey relentless, I have a question or two.

What would, in Mr. D's opinion., be the real way forward for the world, not just the US, to dig ourselves out of this hole we have been pushed into?

In light of the talks of revamping the World's financial system, what is Mr. Denningers opinion of the likelihood and the feasibility of something of that magnitude. What would he see as the consequences to the average person?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I wanna know why they keep kick'n verizon email!! :p

seriously tho.. I would like to hear his thoughts on the Constitutionality of the Fed and the IRS, and how the economy could go forward if we were to phase those out...specifically in regards to people to that like to play the markets.

And finally, does he think we should go back onto the gold standard, or some other type of standard.

Thanks!!

<<   2 >>

join