It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Watchdog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I tried using the search function but it seems to be down, so sorry if this has been brought up already.

I just wanted to ask if the author for the website UFO Watchdog posts on ATS? I like his website. The Hall of Shame is especially good because it helps me keep in mind who to be weary of. I've always wondered who else should be added to that list.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MONEYMUFFINS
I just wanted to ask if the author for the website UFO Watchdog posts on ATS?

No, I don't think Royce Myers has posted here.

Royce is not very active in relation to UFOs these days - I think he basically got fed up of all the nonsense...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MONEYMUFFINS

A lot of the good researchers are leaving because ufology is turning into a joke. Just look at some of the threads here and you can see why. It is a shame because this is an important subject. At one time it started to get credible when J Allen Hynek was around, but after he passed there have been too many egos and too few good researchers.
I do like UFO Watchdog, but it has not been updated for several years. It still contains good Hall of Fame and Shame areas.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Yes, during these SAD last weeks i was thinking about Josef Allen Hynek: and to all the people who gave away they precious private life in order to study closer this subject matter. IN some moments i've felt like all the studies of the last fifty years were LOST, because too many people behaved like a flock of sheeps behind that crazy woman from Australia. But let me say this: i firmly believe in serious research: when you base your studies on FACTS, then it does not matter if someone comes with some far fetched story: the power of the knowledge does not fear anything. UWD is a good website, it just would need to be kept updated.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I suppose you are implying that the reason serious ufologists are leaving is because people are coming forward with their experiences, and thats just ludicrous. Ufology rests on the backs of experiencers, as does the disclosures many of us have watched. The real situation is that TPTB sold out the public and allowed large numbers to be used any which way our visitors deemed fit for technology, and that technology would be like the useless junk they no longer need by the way. Real people sold out for useless trinkets. Real disclosure, along with ets coming forth in groups and explaining what their interests are, what concerns they have for our planet, if there are any galactic political groups that are looking into matters and what the recommendations are. These are things real people need to know and discuss and make decisions about. The decisions have been in the wrong people's hands all along.
Reporting sitings seems ridiculous to someone who has too many sitings in a month to remember. Also, we who were sold out by the government
Surprisingly, the authorities are not seen in a good light by any abductee/contactees, and they are often forced to chose loyalty. For example, I'll never know if the few times we saw the crafts being chased by helicopters in the evening, if it was something I wrote that led to that, or if they were picked up on radar. So, no one is going to be getting anymore reports from me about our sightings. Being forced to chose loyalty is an issue that is making me really mad. Along with those who think that the many people experiencing this phenomenum should have no voice to share their experience. Because I know how many are affected, and the ones that are just waking up to things, I also know that making a visible presence of experiencers online is crucial for those who need to understand. The approach of ridicule and censor is not helpful.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

I think it has more to do with personalities of some of the UFO community. Too many accept what someone states as fact without any kind of research or evidence. A person can state they channel beings from Mars, and very few actually question it. There are no tests or vetting systems in place.

There are "whistleblowers" out there who claim there are many underground bases with aliens and humans working side by side. Others state humans are being experimented on and the aliens want to take over. What do they all have in common? Not one shred of evidence to back up these amazing claims. They get interviewed on other sites, and there is not one question that counters their claims of asks for evidence.

Why don't the "channelers"/"contactees" have the aliens come here or speak for themselves? I have yet to see someone who channels or contacts to have a photo of the alien, yet they do have photos of the ships (and bad ones at that).

How many abductees have been taken from their bedrooms? Why is there no serious consideration of sleep disorders or other neurological disorders? The jump is immediately to alien abduction, and they have the hypnosis to prove it, and nothing else.

I do agree if someone has had an experience, they should be interviewed (on tape) and then physical evidence should be looked for. Confirmations such as other witnesses or radar confirmations of unknowns can really help. I do not think we should dismiss the person or the experience, but should also realize there may be another cause, not just an extraterrestrial one.

new topics

top topics

join