It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members of the tribe / 36 Jews who have shaped the 2008 U.S. election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Members of the tribe / 36 Jews who have shaped the 2008 U.S. election

www.haaretz.com

The John McCain-Barack Obama contest has been one in which the issues of Wall Street and fitness for the presidency have far overshadowed the subject of Israel. But the Jewish vote remains a key element in battleground states, and, playing a wide variety of roles, Jews have helped to shape the campaigns. Thirty-six of them are mentioned below. This list is by no means all-inclusive, and, for considerations of space, many Jews who have played active parts in the campaigns do not appear
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
It is a very interesting list.

It should be noted that perhaps the most significant name that appears on the list belongs to a man who has been dead for 153 years.

Who is it you ask?

Henry Lehman: A Bavarian immigrant who settled in Alabama in 1844 at age 23, and founded H. Lehman, a general store that, by accepting raw cotton in lieu of cash, would later lead to commodity trading in cotton. In 1850, he and his brothers Emanuel and Mayer formed Lehman Brothers, which became one of the first and most powerful investment houses on Wall Street. Lehman Brothers' spectacular collapse in mid-September, the largest bankruptcy in American history, triggered a worldwide financial panic that, more than any single factor, may determine the outcome of the 2008 presidential election.

There is also

William Kristol: As editor of Rupert Murdoch's Weekly Standard magazine, a New York Times columnist and a Fox News commentator, he is an extremely influential neoconservative voice.

and

Ed Lasky: Through the American Thinker Web site, his articles helped spawn the widespread Internet campaign alleging that Obama is anti-Israel.

or even

Henry Kissinger: The New York Times calls the former secretary of state a "close outside adviser" to McCain's campaign. He is regularly called upon by the candidate for advice on foreign affairs, and held a high-profile briefing session with Palin prior to the vice-presidential debate.

This could explain quite a few things. For those who feel the US has no bias when it comes to Israel read on.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I think its obvious that there is a bias towards Israel. I mean how many citizens of other countries have the US allowed in their top government positions? On top of this the control of the media, entertainment, and banking industries its no surprise that if Israel says jump the US says how high. I noticed you listed a few Republicans but there are plenty of Jewish Dems too.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Isn't it rather odd that a country can celebrate the fact that it has its first black presidential candidate, whilst at the same time bemoaning the influence of another minority ethnic group?

Can one reasonably infer from this that you have an ideal number of Jewish people in government positions in mind? One that is not too many but not too few? 8? 3? 212?

As for your point about media and entertainment, am I to suppose that Larry David's success as a writer and performer on Curb Your Enthusiasm and Seinfeld is a comment on American foreign policy?

Is it just possible that you have a slight perspective imbalance here?

LW

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
How many racists have shaped your election? I know to some that is better than being a Jew, which is why America is defensive towards Israel. I really should not be having to spell out your own foreign policy to you, but I suppose the anti-jew lot here love Iran, come on, they're going to wipe israel off the map. roflmao.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneWeasel
Isn't it rather odd that a country can celebrate the fact that it has its first black presidential candidate, whilst at the same time bemoaning the influence of another minority ethnic group?

Can one reasonably infer from this that you have an ideal number of Jewish people in government positions in mind? One that is not too many but not too few? 8? 3? 212?

As for your point about media and entertainment, am I to suppose that Larry David's success as a writer and performer on Curb Your Enthusiasm and Seinfeld is a comment on American foreign policy?

Is it just possible that you have a slight perspective imbalance here?

LW

Whos bemoaning? Hes saying how they are helping to "shape" the election the same way the blacks are doing also in showing up in record numbers to vote this time around. Oh oh wait thats right you saw Jew in there so this is a racist statement. Im sorry I forgot.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by redled
How many racists have shaped your election? I know to some that is better than being a Jew, which is why America is defensive towards Israel. I really should not be having to spell out your own foreign policy to you, but I suppose the anti-jew lot here love Iran, come on, they're going to wipe israel off the map. roflmao.

Dont love Iran just think that the same propaganda that took us into Iraq is being used to do the same in Iran. Kapeesh? As far as wiping off of the map you fall right into the trap. Here is an idea. Watch an interview of him and tell me where he says he wants to destroy Isreal and all the Jews. In fact here is one of his interviews. Enjoy. Oh wait you wont watch it. That would make you unpatriotic or a racist.....

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

Whos bemoaning? Hes saying how they are helping to "shape" the election the same way the blacks are doing also in showing up in record numbers to vote this time around. Oh oh wait thats right you saw Jew in there so this is a racist statement. Im sorry I forgot.

Who's saying "racist"? My points were quite straightforward. 1) It's odd to celebrate one form of ethnic influence and be concerned about "bias" (your word) from another. 2) There's no link whatsoever between Jewish representatives in the US entertainment industry and American foreign policy.

And Redled's point is much more pertinent - the influence of racism (though I'm not suggesting you're promoting it) on the campaign is much more obvious than that of a small number of followers of Judaism in your government.

LW

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Erm, no. He doesn't have to say it on every interview. You csn't just make up that rule.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by redled

Erm, no. He doesn't have to say it on every interview. You csn't just make up that rule.

You want me to pull up all his interviews that arent government doctored and show them to you? I see your not going to watch it so Ill tell you what he says. He says that if the holocaust happened why did the Palestinian people lost their land over it? He says there needs to be a vote that includes the Palestinians and if they vote to have Israel there then they stay and if they dont then they need to leave. He feels Israel is illegally squatting on someone elses land. To me this is a reasonable argument.

Why wasnt Israel set up in Europe or over here in the US. Why did someone who had nothing at all to do with the holocaust lose their lands because of it? He says Isreal needs to be wiped off of the map and then after he says that he says if the Palestinians vote for it. Oh and in any of his speeches does he say the Jews need to be wiped out. If this was the case why doesnt he start killing the Jews in his own country. 3% of Irans population is Jewish you realize that right?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

To prove someone has said anything, you need to show it once, to show someone has never said anything, you need to show everything that they have said (in the relevant domain e.g. as a politician). Those are the laws of proof.

What I think you are getting at is that Iran is playing a bit of a game and kinda knows it will never nuke Israel, but that also encourages Hamas dedicated to God knows what in relation to Israel, and so makes Israel very concerned. As your number one ally, you are going to be quite biased towards them, and that does not make Jews bad or trying to lobby any harder than anyone else.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Why wasnt Israel set up in Europe or over here in the US. Why did someone who had nothing at all to do with the holocaust lose their lands because of it? He says Isreal needs to be wiped off of the map and then after he says that he says if the Palestinians vote for it. Oh and in any of his speeches does he say the Jews need to be wiped out. If this was the case why doesnt he start killing the Jews in his own country. 3% of Irans population is Jewish you realize that right?

Sorry, but this is all off topic, isn't it? I thought we were discussing the merits of having a prominent Jewish voice in the US government? But now you seem to be discussing whether or not Israel is in the correct geographical location?

LW

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
thanks mybigunit for the interview... i missed it
minus some of king's silly questions and annoying translator-woman,
it was a great interview.

for those who didn't notice... there are 6 parts
here are direct links to parts 2-6:

[edit on 17-10-2008 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Sorry, but this is all off topic, isn't it? I thought we were discussing the merits of having a prominent Jewish voice in the US government? But now you seem to be discussing whether or not Israel is in the correct geographical location?

LW

Because when some of those prominent Jews are Israeli dual citizens then I think they are directly linked. How do you know where the loyalty lies?? Here is a article on many dual citizens in high up government.

www.viewzone.com...

Make no mistake if we have this many duals from the UK Id be bringing it up on them also. Regardless of what people think Im pro America. Im worried about America. Im not worried about Israel, banks, Iran, Iraq, N Korea, Russia, Georgia, or any of them.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Why wasnt Israel set up in Europe or over here in the US.

Sorry, but this is all off topic, isn't it?

I actually think it is more ON topic than you realise. the way I see the story, Jews are (and have been for some time) establishing themselves in the US. It has been commented on many times, but something like this merely highlights what is going on.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT The way I see the story, Jews are (and have been for some time) establishing themselves in the US. It has been commented on many times, but something like this merely highlights what is going on.

But isn't that what we pride ourselves on here in the U.S.? That people of all backgrounds have come and established themselves here?

Citing Mr. Lehman, who immigrated here in 1848, is an excellent case in point. The Jews have indeed for some time been establishing themselves in the U.S. So have the British, Irish, Scots, Germans, Norwegians, and many different ethnicities and religious groups from Asia and Africa.

There is in fact hardly a religion, ethnicity, or nationality, that has not to one degree or another established itself in the U.S. The Jews have been around for longer than many.

top topics

join