It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

W - The George Bush Movie directed by Oliver Stone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Oliver Stone isn't a traitor. Oliver Stone is a patriot. He is speaking out against the government, much like, people in the Vietnam era did.

Thank you for providing evidence of my point. People in the Vietnam era were and still are traitors and should be put on trial. Starting with Jimmy Carter for pardoning the filth.............

Oliver Stone is a lying pig..........anyone who sees this movie should be tried under the Patriot Act.

I still want 5 mintues alone with the scum so we can have a "lively" discussion of our opinions........

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaNutter
I think it's exceptionally strange to come out with a movie about him at this time, especially since they can't incorporate the economic crisis in it.

It will leave out some truthful, behind the scenes type of events that I think is the real story of the Bushes/W.

I'm sure I just "don't get it" but I saw some interviews with Oliver Stone stating "He wanted Americans to know what good he has done us." In which case, I almost vomited... So yeah, I don't get it...

i don't think it's strange at all to come with this now. oliver stone has been vilified by the republicans for decades now. and your wondering about his motives? ok...a clue...he thinks republicans are corrupting this country and he is trying everything to not get them elected. i think the best thing the republicans can do is keep bashing media...oh and DUH!!...CUT TAXES!!!.... yeah, yeah, that's it, yeah.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So...has anybody besides me actually seen the film? Care to comment?

The comparison to 'The Doors' was obviously made by someone who has not seen 'W.'.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Oliver Stone isn't a traitor. Oliver Stone is a patriot. He is speaking out against the government, much like, people in the Vietnam era did.

Thank you for providing evidence of my point. People in the Vietnam era were and still are traitors and should be put on trial. Starting with Jimmy Carter for pardoning the filth.............

Oliver Stone is a lying pig..........anyone who sees this movie should be tried under the Patriot Act.

I still want 5 mintues alone with the scum so we can have a "lively" discussion of our opinions........

Wow--you're really overcome with emotion about this, aren't you? Try and get ahold of your feelings, and then you can come and attempt a citizen's arrest on me, since I have seen the film.

Seriously though...you can't be serious.

You actually want to beat somebody up right now, don't you?

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

if you want to put someone on trial for treason you could start with almost anyone in congress as well as the president.Obama and McCain would be a good start.These people swear an oath to the constitution as they take office.
To act against that oath is treason.I have no intention of seeing this movie as I could care less how anyone portrays Bush.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Oliver Stone is an idiot! The release of this movie during the election and while Bush is still in office is ludicrous. This simply says it all about the MSM. If Hollywood swung to the right, you would never see this kind of disrespect for anyone still in the office of President. Why didn't Stone make a flick about Clinton at the end of his term? I think the sexcapades in the White House and the trials and tribulations of his Lesbian wife would have had a greater entertainment value. Bush is pretty boring when compared to the Clintons.

Although Stone didn't make it, I would point out the Primary Colors, which was released on 20 March 1998, during an election year, while he was still the seated President, was undoubtedly about Bill Clinton. I think the timing of the release of this movie is brilliant. Bush should be exposed for the idiot that he is while it's still relevant! I can't wait til tomorrow to go see it! I guess you must be one of the 20% who think he's doing a good job. For the rest of us 80%ers, GAME ON!

ED- to add:

Originally posted by heliosprime

You should check your history books before you jump to conclusions. Gerald Ford pardoned 'the filth', that's why he lost the election to Jimmy Carter. And as far as accusing Stone of being a traitor, there's this thing called the Constitution and the Bill of Rights that protects free speech...

[edit on 18-10-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

well timed precision propaganda

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I saw the movie today actually.

I think anyone going in there expecting a movie that vilifies G.W. Bush is going to be very surprised.

While it should NOT be taken as biographical(I mean, it's a comedy-Drama for goodness sake), and it clearly caricaturizes the people within, it's not the 'slam' against Bush that people were assuming.

I think in the end it simply reminded me that he was human, contrary to expectations.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

According to your records, the political farce "Primary Colors" was released in election year march 1998. 1998 was not an election year. Clinton was half way into is second term and half way into Monica Lewinsky by then.
Just a joke. Just a joke. I don't want to offend any thin skinned Clinton supporters.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

D'oh!! So I can't count! You are absolutely right though! I'm using age as an excuse on this one!! LOL! All the grey hair has sapped my memory and math skills apparently!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join