It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

W - The George Bush Movie directed by Oliver Stone

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
The timing seems a bit strange but,after eight years,Oliver Stone decides to make a movie featuring King George and his cheeky antics:
www.youtube.com...
Is this reverse psychology,well timed precision propaganda,a refreshingly honest portrayal or just or a money spinner?
Cheers Karl

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I think I may love this movie. Stellar cast. Looking forward!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Oliver Stone is an idiot! The release of this movie during the election and while Bush is still in office is ludicrous. This simply says it all about the MSM. If Hollywood swung to the right, you would never see this kind of disrespect for anyone still in the office of President. Why didn't Stone make a flick about Clinton at the end of his term? I think the sexcapades in the White House and the trials and tribulations of his Lesbian wife would have had a greater entertainment value. Bush is pretty boring when compared to the Clintons.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

The movie looks great.
I did read that Stone did not paint Bush as the evil tyrant that you would expect from a hard core liberal.
In one of his interviews he pretty much said that when he first started his research he had intended to rake Bush over the coals but after he dug further he said he actually came to like Bush and felt that he somewhat understood him and his motives. I havent seen the movie but some say that the movie is soft on Bush, Stone says it is a well rounded picture of a President that partied hard and found God.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It should contain a refrain from his previous presidential epic and conclude with "During the financial crisis of October 2008 President Bush went back and to the left .... back and to the left .... watch carefully now ... back and to the left."

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Oliver Stone is an idiot! The release of this movie during the election and while Bush is still in office is ludicrous. This simply says it all about the MSM. If Hollywood swung to the right, you would never see this kind of disrespect for anyone still in the office of President. Why didn't Stone make a flick about Clinton at the end of his term? I think the sexcapades in the White House and the trials and tribulations of his Lesbian wife would have had a greater entertainment value. Bush is pretty boring when compared to the Clintons.

I guess your idea of what would be entertaining would be more in line with sex scandals that outright lying people into wars and thus murdering 10s of thousands of innocent civilians? Hmmmm, although the sex is less abrassive than the outright evil actions of lying to people so they will support your illegal actions, I would like to see how this is portrayed.

What is worse for you my friend?

Someone lying about sex under oath or someone stating that they will not take an oath and will only testify if the real mouthpiece is present to staive off any duality in the storyline and to make sure it is NOT documented?

Hmmmmmmmmmm, let me think...................

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Supercertari
It should contain a refrain from his previous presidential epic and conclude with "During the financial crisis of October 2008 President Bush went back and to the left .... back and to the left .... watch carefully now ... back and to the left."

That was good! Thanks for the chuckle!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Classic spin on my response!! Nicely done. You obviously didn't read what I wrote. I never said the movie should't have been made. I question the motives and timing of its release so close to the election. I won't even comment on the rest of your response. It is all about the disrespect for the office of President. By the way, Bush had support from the Senate and House to enter the war. It is amazing how you can blame everything on one person. If Barry is elected and the house and senate are full of bleeding heart liberals who will you blame when this nation goes to s**t. S**t Floats.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I think it's exceptionally strange to come out with a movie about him at this time, especially since they can't incorporate the economic crisis in it.

It will leave out some truthful, behind the scenes type of events that I think is the real story of the Bushes/W.

I'm sure I just "don't get it" but I saw some interviews with Oliver Stone stating "He wanted Americans to know what good he has done us." In which case, I almost vomited... So yeah, I don't get it...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Bush did more to disrespect the office of President than any movie could ever possibly achieve.

Don't be so blind.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Typical Bush bashing . . .

Funny since he did nothing really different than Clinton

[edit on 17/10/2008 by xxpigxx]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
When are the Bush Bashers going to get over themselves and move on with their lives?? I guess this web site will get very boring come this January. What is a Bush Basher to do? Who will Dennis Kucinich hound? Granted, Bush has not been our best President but focus on the future and learn from the past for a change of pace. We have much fatter fish to fry folks.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

When are Republicans going to realize Bush was a bad President? He screwed this country up, got us into war in Iraq, which had nothing to do with 9-11, and he spied on citizens illegally and thought he could get away with it.

As for the movie, I think I'm going to love it.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

So you want to execute someone for exercising their right for free speech?

You want to exercise someone for criticizing the government?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
To all those who think that Bush alone "got us into this mess" and "got us into this war" WAKE UP!! If you are a member of this site, then you know full well that there are many forces at work behind the scenes than we will ever know. The Presidential office is a symbol of authority and of the greatness of this nation. The President is also the fall guy when times are rough. The President doesn't really call the shots. To think he really does, is just plain nonsense. It is all a giant game of "Risk" and all of the Bush bashers and Bush fans and the Independents are mere pawns in the game.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by jibeho

When are Republicans going to realize Bush was a bad President? He screwed this country up, got us into war in Iraq, which had nothing to do with 9-11, and he spied on citizens illegally and thought he could get away with it.

As for the movie, I think I'm going to love it.

I didn't realize that President was also a field agent with the NSA, CIA, FBI, CID, DCA or any agent under Col. Flag. If we don't spy on people, how will we ever root out the terrorists living in our backyards. They can spy on me all they want. I have nothing to hide or to be ashamed of.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I have yet to, and never will, blame only one person for entering into this war. However, if a CEO signs off on a piece of paper saying it is fact and then it turns out the books were cooked...well, who's goose gets cooked?

Sorry I took your response out of context. Actually, I think I did get the gist of it but then once I started to write I kind of went onto another tangent. I don't think I meant for it to be directed at you and your response. Then again, like I said, I went astray after I was interrupted with a call once I started to write. I hate that.

Yes, the timing of the release couldn't be worse. It does show a bit of disrespect towards the White House but after all, at least in my world, you STILL have to EARN that RESPECT. The man sitting in that oval office now has NOT done that. Actually, he started with my respect and has since successfully LOST IT.

As for 'CONGRESS' approving the war, maybe you should start to really look at the record. Yes, they may have backed him but that was based off of the INTEL that HE AND HIS forged. The paper trail is showing this to be a fact now. So, who to blame, the people that believed the administration that presented the 'evidence' to them or the people that have been shown to have been LYING about that evidence? Hmmmmmmm.......that one has me. It's a tough call.....

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

I didn't realize that President was also a field agent with the NSA, CIA, FBI, CID, DCA or any agent under Col. Flag. If we don't spy on people, how will we ever root out the terrorists living in our backyards. They can spy on me all they want. I have nothing to hide or to be ashamed of.

You see, this is the mentality that THEY are hoping for. "Go ahead, spy on me. I have nothing to hide." Until the day they decide to ask the question, "We are starting a dictatorship, are you in or out? Oh yeah, you have no property and have to work in a job that WE choose..."

Sure, that thought may be pretty far fetched but the point is that if we allow them to spy on EVERY single thing we do then it truly has become a police state.

And if you buy the 'terrorist' in the back yard lie then I can truly see where you are coming from.

I bet you like Bill O'Reilly too. And worse yet, believe him.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

For you information the "office of the president" right now is nothing but full of crap as the last two sitting president has done nothing but crapping all over it.

And you dare to demand respect for that office right now?

First we need to "clean the crap" before it can get respected again.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join