It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1/2 Worlds Heroin Supply Gone Missing - Scary Top Story

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

I am quite sure there is a huge difference between the opiates pharma companies buy (i.e. legal farms, though i thought a lot of it was synthetic these days) compared to the illegal opium crops produced by countries like Afghanistan. The big pharma companies would have to buy it from legit sources and have contracts on production and all that.

There have been threads in the past showing the evidence against that very notion. I think you're giving too much positive credence to a corrupted system. I will see if I can find some good info for you.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The History Channel recently featured a 2 hour report of Ft. Knox. Not only does it hoard tons of gold, but also large quantities of opium. Said to be held in the event of disaster.

Interesting...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm just wondering, if the drug is illegal and they are trying to stop it. How do they know how much and where the drugs are to know 1/2 of it is missing in the first place?

I know all the CIA stuff etc. But as far as I know, it's never been publicly admitted. So I am just coming from the point of view of the "official" stories.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid LunacyThere have been threads in the past showing the evidence against that very notion. I think you're giving too much positive credence to a corrupted system. I will see if I can find some good info for you.

I just realized, morphine can't possibly be under patent anymore (the natural variety). So that does open things up, generic drugs don't represent the massive profit margin that name brand drugs offer.

Though I still do NOT believe that pharma companies in the western world are buying their ingredients primarily from the black market. Why would they? Plenty of countries could grow the stuff legally and sell it. I am sure China is willing to do it. Buying blackmarket stuff when it is not necessary would just be a lot of additional hassle and risk.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
my understanding is that at least the US supply of legal pharmaceutical heroin is supplied by Australia ,they grow our heroin. I saw that Fort Knox thing ,the Roswell aliens are said to be there too. Here's what I think is there, NOTHING,I think Bush raided it, I'm willing to bet on it too.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Great story. I think if you look around the site they are pretty much biased towards doom and gloom. I don't think there is going to be a massive war or injuries. I think the market is being cornered, so someone can make tons of money off of the formal Soviet Union and the new modern China drug markets. They still smoke cigarettes like crazy over there.

I guess the US coalition force is only in the north east of Afganistan, otherwise we would stop the widespread harvest of opium poppies wouldn't we? I bet we made a deal with opium growers to behave and we let them be since we are only supposed to be there to find OBL and company.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Yes but a few years ago Afghanistan was not really producing ANY. Where ever the pharma companies were getting it from at that time, it surely was NOT Afghanistan.

There was only one year where Afghanistan didn't produce any Opium, 2001. That was the year that the Taliban caved to international pressure to crack down on the industry. They did so by instituting a death penalty, which is credited as being the only reason it was so successful. In fact UNESCO cites it as the most successful anti drug program in world history. It is also very likely that because of the non perishable traits of poppy resin, the only reason this policy was implemented was so that the Taliban could confiscate and horde the product for a few years while prices sky rocketed.

Overall this article is fairly poorly researched, and has little structure. Why does he talk about coc aine submersibles so much? It is highly irrelevant. Why did he source his first point, and then no others until #8?

After reading the actual BBC blog, I am even more skeptical.

Since posting this article the Serious Organised Crime Agency has been in touch.

SOCA has a number of undercover operatives in southern Afghanistan. They tell me this: "Whilst the cultivation and production of opium in Afghanistan is in decline, intelligence suggests there is considerable stockpiling of narcotics by Afghan criminal networks in order to control prices in the growing markets in Russia, China and within the local region."

Looks more like economics than doomsday. In fact the bolded doomsday statement does not appear in the BBC article at all, but is rather some other guys interpretation of it. (See Here

Fear mongering at its finest.

If you would like to learn more about the situation in Afghanistan check out my thread on the reasons why the Poppy is such a popular crop in Afghanistan, and what should be done to curb its production.

Poppy Prejudice

[edit on 17-10-2008 by WuTang]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
GREAT comments on this story. It all is connected, this industry, I'd guess, simply dwarfs the oil industry.

Hey - steroids became a massive problem when Bush was a Texas Ranger right? Anything is possible and I give this story a lot of cred, though more research and reliable big names have to get in on the action of this .... whatever it is you want to call it.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by fyrelyzard66
When I first saw the article I immediately thought of the movie "Children of Men". In it the gov. offered all citizens who wanted to "voluntarily" off themselves to alleviate the population pressure a suicide kit. This kit contained a high dose of narcotic painkiller. Could this be in the offering as the world slides into unsustainability?

That was my first thought too .
My second guess would be as someone else mentioned .used as a chemical weapon .

It cant be good thats all I gotta say .

Although if we are all gonna die ..I am sure morphine would be the quickest and less painless way possible ......I would opt for that over dieing slowly and painfully.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Why is it impossible for us to take our world back from these people? Why can't we stand up together so that none of this is even necessary? We know we've been robbed/manipulated/raped out of everything we hold dear so what have we got to lose when we *know* this stuff is in our future? It's like we're watching every dystopic novel ever written spring to life before our eyes and we just sit here writing about who, why and how. We have to resurrect our crumbled spines and pull ourselves up by our bootstraps now. We don't have much time left.

Be thinking about all that history you learned as a kid. Remember the underground railroads. You'll need that info soon.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
maybe those in charge of the drugs trade are stockpiling it to raise the prices of opium based products.

if you wanna raise the price of pharmacuetical morphine,opiates etc all you gotta do is prevent it from being sold on the market and the prices stay high.

if i remember there is actually a shortage of medicinal opiates......why?,there shoudlnt be....unless that shortage is artificial.

they do the same thing with oil,controling exactly how much they keep in reserve and release to the market there by controling price,its called opec!,they even do it with cd's!

so whos controling the opiates drugs trade considering it seems to be benifiting medical and pharmacuetical industries the most.....?,those who are controling the oil supply,the money markets,the food supply,energy,life expectancy and so on.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Trillions of dollars in heroin go missing. Coincidentally, the United States has a bailout that costs Americans trillions of dollars. The representatives have said they were threatened with martial law by George Bush. The Syrians were attacked last weekend by American helicopters for mysterious reasons(perhaps the Syrians stole the heroin). There are no words to describe such evil.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
Just search opiate gas moscow for a thousand links.

Here is something even better.
According to this the Moscow gas was made from a synthetic 500 times more powerful than natural opium.

I wonder if they found a way to convert the organic compound to the same structure as the synthetic?

Weapons of Mass Casualties and Terrorism Response Handbook:[books.google.com... 5anz_zewyfyhqHWV02ac&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=10&ct=result]

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Cyberbian]

Right. When I was in USMC MOUT school we used this scenario out and it was scary. It was being questioned when the schoolo with hundred's of kid's were also hostage in Russia.
VEry deadly stuff. Probaly feel's good for a second though unlike Mustard which sucks.
Peace

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Watch the documentary Cocaine Cowboys. It talks about how the Miami boom in Real Estate was in part floated on the coc aine profits. When Reagan's Drug War changes took effect, the real estate market tanked.

One has to wonder if the story in the OP, the rise of Poppies in Afghanistan, and the global real estate markets. For those that do not know, the Taliban had completely halted Opium production. But the hunt for Bin Laden reopened that industry in the vacuum of the Taliban.

Very interesting. I wonder if the price of Pharmaceutical opioids will go up. Keep following up on this until the leads go cold!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Has anyone seen Keith Richards lately?

Coincidence?

Hmmmm

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Heroin is the base drug of morphine. The opium poppy, papaver somniferum, is the source of opium, the most commonly used, and most effective natural pain killer in man's history. Heroin is made from opium. I fear that opium and heroin have become new hot commodities and there is no way that that much opium/heroin could be intended for "recreational" use -- or even to supply addicts. It seems that someone is banking heavily on a lot of people being in a lot of physical pain.

This article seems to be implying that the missing heroin will cause a morphine shortage. Afghanistan produces opium for recreational purposes only. Surely the pharmaceutical companies have legitimate sources (or produce it artificially) that would not be effected by this supposed "hording of heroin as a commodity" theory.

Well yes, but what if your a country that is more of a morphine importer than a morphine producer... Hypothetically speaking here, what if said country saw an impending need for such pain killers - and putting in systems for production is not a viable option (say time constraints - dunno how long a big crop would take to cultivate... or you really don't want to draw too much attention to your actions)

So the smelly stuff hits the fan - supply and demand means you'll get ripped off on the markets, if anyone will even sell to you.

Is some nation starting to get jittery? (or more so)

Or Amy Winehouse and Keith Richards have hooked up of course - (how many more of those will get put in this thread??

top topics

<< 1   >>

join