It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raindrops from a clear sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Here's a rather strange experience I've had twice now this week...

Three days ago, I was walking down the driveway to take out the trash, and felt a small raindrop on my forearm. I thought little of it until I was returning to the house and felt another on my neck. The distance from the first drop was a good 40-50 feet. The sky was clear, no jet or plane above, I was not under a tree...I shrugged it off.

But this evening I was in the yard where the second drop had hit me three days ago, and then it happened again, a drop of rain on my cheek. Another felt on my leg a few minutes later, same spot. A few minutes later, yet another on my hand! Again, no clouds, no ice melting off a jet, no squirrel urine from up a tree...I can't seem to explain it. They were certainly not big drops of water, but sprinkles. I was not imagining it.

Anyone have this experience before?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
yes i have experienced this, but in my instances they were either one of two things...droplets from my wet hair falling onto other body areas or sweat trickling down or dripping onto my hands, feet arms, etc.

sprinklers, water pistols/guns arched in the air from a neighbor's yard, even kicked up morning dew can feel like rain.

it's hard to know for sure unless we had an aerial shot of your whole neighborhood and everybody's position and doings during those moments.

*edited for added thought that's right...below!

on Yahoo! Answers, this question was posted and someone posted that if you live near mountains, you can get the little rain from winds that blow down melted snow precipitation from snow-capped peaks.
answers.yahoo.com...

[edit on 17-10-2008 by banyan]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Heh. A few months ago, that started happening to me both indoors and out. I can't explain it. It happens whether alone or with others. How can you explain sitting alone in a room and suddenly you feel a drop of water on your calf, forearm or shoulder? It does give one pause to think. No drops anywhere else either.

It would be appreciated by this person that others refrain from such condescending comments as "I suggest you go have your head examined by a team of ultrasuperduper scientists!" or "Does your roof have a leak?" (not possible in my residence - ceilings, floors and walls are stone elements) or "It happens when you stand next to a water source" and the like. Really, I'm quite capable of working out the obvious.

On that vein, I would like to request that the mods please zap the guys who make those sorts of comments. It is not imperitive that one post every snide comment that springs to mind and it's really putting me off this forum. Fine to exercise critical thinking but it seems to me that this type of forum is better suited to more open-minded participants. Correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

how does offering up legitimate ways of feeling rain drops detract from the purpose of this thread? i do not know the full circumstances surrounding the situation, and my point was that most people cannot know these full circumstances due to a limited perspective we all share in. to associate feeling rain drops without clouds as a paranormal phenomena, you need to eliminate all other methods of feeling rain besides from the clouds.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
So your suggestion implies that unless we can offer all data including photos and signed affidavits, we should refrain from posting our observations. Is that it? It's interesting to note that when posters request further info, it comes only after the derogatory comments.

It has been my observation that these extraordinary phenomena do not conform to our 3D picture of "How Things Work". That's why we post here and not to Scientific American or Nature. This forum is for bringing things out, not shutting them down. We have our minds systematically shut down from childhood. Enough! says I. Give us a place to post our genuine observations or anything we may find interesting without fear of attempts to humiliate! And for the love of Mike, please don't feel that we who continue to notice so-called abnormal events are somehow mentally deficient. It seems to be more that we refuse to be told "it ain't so" when we can clearly observe the contrary to be the case. Maybe you "healthy skeptics" need to open your eyes and your minds.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I really thought about the issue fully. It had rained a week earlier, and a light one at that. It was the first actual rain in 5-6 months. The trees were certainly not dripping anything that could have been picked up by the wind. The water, or at least I assume it was water, was chilled in comparison to the temp. I was certainly not sweating. The nearest snow caped mountain is a good 45 miles away. I certainly doubt a flake of ice could travel that distance, and hit me, on numerous occasions. The neighbors live far enough away and don't own any sprinklers that would launch it that far. There is a pond down the hill, but of course water cannot jump. I had shot my neck to the sky each time it happened, no bird was dripping anything on me.

At this time, I can come to no conclusion.

Thank you for the comments everyone.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I have experienced this on two or three occasions.

I wouldn't have noticed it - certainly not remembered it - if it weren't for the fact that the sky above me was perfectly clear (cloudless), there were no trees around, no sprinklers, no sources of water (unless one counts the plumbing inside the nearby houses...), and there was no water on my person. No birds overhead. No wind, either.

On one occasion, there WERE a few people walking by (at the distance of app. 2 metres from me, all of them seemingly dry) - but unless one of them flew over me without my noticing and spat a very tiny spittle on my arm from above my head, I don't think they were to blame...

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
ever considered that a sudden mini-drop of water was actually expelled from your body... and didn't land on you from another foreign source.

just like there is thought to be 'Spontaneous-Human-Combustion' where a consuming heat causes ones body to burn up
there is likely a reverse process, where a normal body just breaks out in a localized sweat ...

It might be more scientific if one were to secure a sample of this drop of liquid...
then we might see if its salty sweat, or a drop ofnature's moisture, blue-water from an aircraft toilet, or cosmic debris falling to Earth...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I don't know about the OP, but I didn't, for a very simple reason: if it were, for some reason, a bizarre sweat phenomenon, I wouldn't have FELT it land on my arm.
That's what attracted my attention in the first place: a tiny drop hitting the skin of my arm.

"My" droplets were perfectly clear (i.e. colourless), transparent, didn't have any smell, their consistency seemed very similar to rain, perhaps a tiny percentage denser.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Interesting. I too have experienced similar phenomena, you may be interested in 2 of my threads:

The Unquiet Sky - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Midnight at Noon - www.abovetopsecret.com...

These experiences definately interest me because even occams razor doesnt exactly work when deciphering these experiences (en.wikipedia.org...)...

I agree that SOME of these type of experiences MAY be explained, but the vast majority are truelly still unexplained.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Grock

Thanks, that's very interesting.

(Many people have cut themselves badly on Occam's razor...
)

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Moisture can randomly drop out of the air at any time.
From the sky.
Whether there is clouds or not.
Obviously without clouds you wont be getting many droplets.
Could have been explained reasons like the other poster stated.
Sprinklers, water pistols, hoses etc.
But I have had this happen to me when I was no where near anything like that.
But only 1 drop.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Interestinggg

Well, that is certainly very interesting(ggg).

Do you know of any source (website, book, etc.) that would explain this?

(I mean droplets from a cloudless sky, of course.
In my case, there were no devices or sources of moisture around.)

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'd love to have some smartypants explain how that happens even when I'm sitting in a room alone, reading a magazine or meditating (for example), and I can feel the drop hit my leg or arm. Not just once but sometimes several in one sitting. It's as if someone is playing a joke but in the absence of other people, it becomes somewhat tougher to explain.

But I'll leave that to the smartypantses.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
another thing to consider are wasps,where i live on sunny days they hover at a height over the ivy and drops stings(clear liquid),although if there were no wasps around this can be ruled out,and if its happening inside too then thats unexplainable.

top topics

join