It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Title 14, Section 1211 of U.S. Federal Code: Forbidding Contact With Extraterrestrials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Hi guy's
I was just doing some looking around today when i found this Strange Federal code Forbidding Contact With Extraterrestrials

www.weeklyuniverse.com...

Here is the reason the Government says they passed the law for

www.snopes.com...

Make your own mind up,but i'm sick of being a mushroom

I don't know if this has been talked about before on ATS but the search is temporarily offline and has been for some time now

Edit spelling

[edit on 17-10-2008 by duffster]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
What in the world?!?

On one hand it looks like our government is actually lookig out for it's people?

On the other hand Quarantines are a reality that has not yet reared it's ugly head.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Yes what in the world so to speak

I was not around when they passed this but i wonder what the public would have said if it was in the MSM (another War of the worlds ) The public freeking out.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Hmmm, I tried searching the Federal Code, and couldn't find Title 14, Section 1211.

uscode.house.gov...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cljohnston108

That's because it is now non-existant

The "Extraterrestrial Exposure" law was removed from the CFR in 1991, NASA having determined that it had "served its purpose" and was "no longer in keeping with current policy," and is no longer in force.

www.snopes.com... From duffster's original post

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
In a nut shell, this was done as an extreme precautionary measure to prevent the spread of pathogens on Earth IF existing on the Moon or deep space during Apollo 11. The astronauts were quarantined on their return to ensure that no contamination resulted from the mission.

After all no one knew what one would find on the Moon. And no one wanted a plague to spread on Earth on their return by extra terrestrial (Meaning not of terrestrial origin) pathogens, which could have infecting humanity with disastrous consequences!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Does this mean then, that there is no sign of life, past or present on the moon?

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Chadwickus]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well, your guess is as good as mine! But there are theories...

> That there is NO indigenous life on the Moon.
> Probable indigenous early basic life forms.
> Existence of an alien civilization, past/present.
> Man made Moon bases.

Now take your pick. But what we know from scientific analysis of Moon rocks, there doesn't seem to be any form of life out there.

Then if you take the conspiracy angle that NASA or the powers that be, are hiding info from us, then you can tick any of the remainder three theories.

The bottom line is: Darned if we know for sure!!

Cheers!

[edit on 17-10-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
quarantine WAS implemented on a few of the Apollo missions. The law was never intended to quarantine citizens because they never went to space.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

We'll know one day, I'm still on the fence with it all but enjoy your threads on the topic none the less

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If i remember right, wasn't this law dropped after the the Apollo missions ended? I remember a discussion on this way back in the late 90's on the old Yahoo chat room Beyond Planet Earth.

When I first heard about it i thought it was incredible that they would do this, but it made some sense I guess to someone?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

*COUGH*

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by cljohnston108

That's because it is now non-existant

The "Extraterrestrial Exposure" law was removed from the CFR in 1991, NASA having determined that it had "served its purpose" and was "no longer in keeping with current policy," and is no longer in force.

www.snopes.com... From duffster's original post

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Chadwickus]

top topics

join