It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department warns against travel to Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

State Department warns against travel to Mexico

www.fourwinds10.com

More than 1,100 people have been slaughtered in a bloodbath of drug-related violence in one city just south of the U.S.-Mexico border this year – that's nearly four victims each day – and some say it is just part of a large crisis that will soon spill over the border.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well here we go. Wating for the point to when grenades and AK-47's become very apparent on American soil. Will these bastards in congress wake the F up and realize the instability in Mexico? How about some funding to build 20 foot cement walls instead of bailing out AIG and other asshats? When will congress have the balls to wake up and see the seriousness in this....Am I pissed? Damn right.

www.fourwinds10.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I shiver at the thought of going into Mexico for a holiday. Speaking from the Canadian stand point; I don't know how many times I have heard of Canadian tourists being murdered in Mexico. I am not certain how efficient their police investigations are. But I get a bad feeling and it sure doesn't make me want to pick up the phone to buy a plane ticket to go there.
I am sure that there are some nice places and I know folks who have gone but my instincts tell me to stay the hell away from there and so I will.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Mexico is one place I will never go to, I feel really bad for the people there who don't want to be a part of the crime and corruption and from what I have read its VERY BAD THERE.

I know its mean to say but I truly hope their tourist industry takes such a hit from people going elsewhere that their authorities actually do something. I personally know many people who would rather go to Cuba or the Dominican anywhere but Mexico and other people who have horror stories from making hte mistake of going to Mexico.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
What about the instability in the US? They practically let these people in the country, so whats the giant wall for? Perhaps to keep us in, check on the US strategy for ENDGAME 2003-2012.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I have been to Mexico on several occassions but this was several years ago. Lots of people that live here in Arizona go there to buy cheaper medications and cheap vacations.

The moment you cross that international border, you get this very surreal feeling just in knowing that you have lost your rights from one country and now you are at the mercy of trouble not finding you in the host country. Most of the locals there are nice, but the moment you step into a slim alley way or get isolated from the population, you will feel that adrenaline hit you.

If you gotta go there, go with a group of people and stay on the main streets. If you venture at night, you are really rolling the dice.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
What about the instability in the US? They practically let these people in the country, so whats the giant wall for? Perhaps to keep us in, check on the US strategy for ENDGAME 2003-2012.

Thats the solution I proposed...is it perfect? No

But please go ahead and enlighten all of us on how YOU would handle it.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I agree, but it was our government's idea more specifically Bush and companies idea to run this illegal drug trade from Mexico into the US. Somehting doesn't sit right with me. We are on the verge of civil war.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
My "other half" will be arriving in Mexico City about now, and will be spending the next 10 days in very southern Mexico.
Contrary to popular belief, the people of Mexico don't mind much at all---the foreigners ( U.S, Canadians, Dutch, Germans, Aussies, Chinese and Japanese)
arriving and spending money.
It's the criminal element you have to watch out for, and the police bribed by them.
It's a corrupt system, whereby the public servants have to make a living by graft to feed their families.

Be polite, don't leave your community after dark, and pay your "merdida" with a smile after polite negotiations and you will be fine.
For negotiating "the bite", or mordida, always offer 1/2 the amount requested, and build up from there.
NEVER admit there could be more if you could get to an ATM, or you will be asking for more trouble than you are willing to accept. Carry enough Pesos to get you through the day and never any extra that you are unwilling to lose, or an ATM card that you could access.
Realize that you are in a 3rd world country that makes graft a necessary part of life and accept it as it is, and you will do just fine.
Be polite, very polite, and don't show any of the western superiority complex.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I have never had any problems traveling in Mexico. You should use the same precautions you use in any big city in the U.S.. The tourist destinations are always very safe. They protect their tourism industry.

As long as you aren't looking to buy drugs, you should be fine.

At this point in time, you should avoid the border cities just like you avoid the dangerous parts of any city.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
For any interested here is an updated link about a civil war in Mexico spilling into the United States.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Just wait until the North American Union comes, and all that Mexiscum is allowed to travel into our nation freely.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I travel to Mexico quite often. There is nothing new. The murders have been going on for decades. I suspect a conspiracy to keep Americans out of Mexico. Why? I don't know. More use of fear as a tool to make the rich richer.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalExplanation
Just wait until the North American Union comes, and all that Mexiscum is allowed to travel into our nation freely.

"Hey Manuel, want to go to America for vacation?"
'No, they are very stupid people">

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Surely you could've found a better way to express yourself than using a noun intentionally meant to demean all mexicans...

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I posted a news story yesterday but it was deleted and I wasn't even told by the Mods for some reason.

Anyways its revolved around this Youtube video. It's all about this topic:

www.youtube.com...

In March 1994 the heir to the Mexican presidency Luis Donaldo Colosio was assassinated in Tijuana. Only now is it becoming clear who was responsible. This in-depth report shows the extent to which Mexico's drug cartels have infiltrated Mexican politics. The corruption goes to the heart of the country's ruling political party, the PRI. We speak to Eduardo Valle (The Owl), Mexico's special prosecutor for the Federal Attorney General, now in hiding. Even the police are involved and exclusive footage shows the carnage left after police factions battled for control of profits and sectors of the drug industry. A former cartel insider turned FBI informer confirms the corruption. We profile PRI secretary-general Jose Francisco Ruiz Massieu, assassinated in September 1994 because he knew too much. His surviving wife says that President Carlos Salinas de Gortari helped them until he too came under pressure from the party to stop messing with Mexico's $30 billion a year drug industry.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

Surely you could've found a better way to express yourself than using a noun intentionally meant to demean all mexicans...

You're overreacting. The noun in question was in response to this thread, you know about the "scum" of mexico that this thread is about, the gangs, the drug dealers, etc which are prevalent in Mexico and creating these problems.

But if you are thinking it's to describe all mexicans, clearly it's you that has your mind in other places.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by oconnection

I heard something to that affect in the NPR news.......I know, I know, but thats what I heard. I have been to Meheekoe several times, each time I ventured off cours was like playing Russian roulette.

[edit on 27-10-2008 by 38181]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
YEAH # THOSE MEXICANS

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
"some say it is just part of a large crisis that will soon spill over the border."

Have they not been following the news? I think it was something like 200/300 incursions across the border last year by mexican drug gangs/corrupt army, sometimes with army vehicles. The Dallas car bomb? the drug gang dressed as US police raiding and executing people?

The border towns on both sides of the border have seen terrible violence, of course worse on the Mexican side, but for any to happen in the USA side is unacceptable!

And when border guards asked for more money, or to be allowed to actually deal with this, they get denied, and the homeland security brushes it aside!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join