It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, Nature, Past Universal History, The Great Flood etc

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
please condense all those posts, some interesting stuff there.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollywood11

What the hell is all this about?

I noticed the you never made a thesis statement!

What I did notice is that your entire thread is a verbatim copy and paste from another site. You have no original material or research and you made no commentary on anything you posted!

[edit on 17-10-2008 by LiquidMirage]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yeah, this really does need to be edited into a more manageable form. The parts that i read don't seem to have continuity and i don't see any real evidence past here say and old legends.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present, "Obsession".

Dude, a great amount of research to be sure, but don't you think you could of split this up into separate threads and then relate them under a common topic, like what I studied at Berkley these past four years? I promise to read it all, but it is going to take some time.

Just realize that most people do not have the luxury of sitting at their PC for 72 hours straight. And have some compassion for the poor bas***d who is using a dial up connection.

Kudos in advance for the info.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I have one question to ask you Hollywood11, after posting all this what have you learned and what is your final statement?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Great thread.

I often thought about the relationship of frequency, consciousness, light, God, vibration and just recently I looked at it in the relationship of the Octave.

Some statements that St. John, who no doubt was Gnostic who partoke, such as God is Light and or God is love...brings the whole idea of the nature of God, truth, life ...as John also said God is life...or ZOE....life force.....

also John expounded not so much on Phileo or brotherly Love but more on Agape...

So I often thought that if God is light...a wave and a particle...from a wave aspect of observation thier must be octaves or different levals...

also Paul would say .."in him we live and move and have our being...."...

and so I thought of God in the context of a well built theatre...being able to reproduce all frequencies....

Well I don't have time to write at the moment...just a quick blast of thoughts relating to your thread....

cool things on your thread...

the whole 8 thing....light, music, binary code etc....something I thought about a lot....

The nature of Qi..and its prescence in yin/yang.....

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I can relate to his message, he is trying to sum it all up in one shot. Yea, I have problems with that too. Brain locked

Sorry, like the others, it just too long, grrrrrrrrr, and I love reading fiction too.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

What the hell is all this about?

I noticed the you never made a thesis statement!

What I did notice is that your entire thread is a verbatim copy and paste from another site.

..and copied an entire post from another private forum at that. ATS has had its share of content stolen.. doesn't look very good for it's members to be doing the same thing.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by riley]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Wow! okay your OP is extremely long but I am going to try and read it all. I was skimming over it and I even clicked on a few images and it has really caught my attention.

I'll see everyone in a few hours.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I am glad so many people have responded favorably and like this thread. I am very pleasantly surprised by the amount of Flags it has recieved.

I will say a few things..... there is definitely order and structure here and each part leads to the next part in a logical way. However, don't expect any kind of "thesis statement", that's not what this is about. This is more about realizing truths on your own, I cannot spoon feed it. The point of the thread is ultimately realization and enlightening to truth. If I said everything too explicitly then there would be nothing for people to realize for themselves.

Also remember, sometimes a picture can say 1000 words. Of course words don't hurt either haha.

As for this being copied from another site, well, that was me on the other site. I simply put a link to it, because images work on that site but i don't know how to actually put up images on this forum.

And then some people asked me to divide it up or summarize it......well, the thing about that is that all my other posts and all my other threads, at least all the ones that deal with issues concerning the past or history, are all based off this thread. All my other threads that deal with issues of the past basically are portions of this thread made into their own thread, with perhaps a bit more focus on specific details.

I look at it like this...... if I leave something in the thread, then you have the choice what you want to read and what you want to skip until you have more time. If I leave it out though, then you don't have the choice to read it unless you knew to look it up for yourself.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Hollywood11]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am supprized you didn't mention any writings from Hermes Trismegistus.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ever read this?
www.sacred-texts.com...

It's very interesting.

I'm very supprized you didn't mention "THE ALL".

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I did mention the writings of Hermes briefly, however, I focused more on his incarnation as Thoth because I thought it was more historically significant. Though I may not have used the exact same terminolgy as the Hermetic writings, I think you will find all the core ideas are contained in this thread.

Thank you for the links and for bringing that to my attention.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Hollywood11]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Thank you - this is exactly what I am interested in.

Maybe this will help me explain my belief better to others.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
OMG. Thats amazing work you did !!! A lot to keep a hold on... Will look into it. This is a very old culture. Thanks for you're efforts

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well done Hollywood, i cant believe the audasity of whingeing twats who say its too long or a notice of a 'thesis statement'. yes its long, but like i did is subscribed , and then read it in my spare time. Thats of valuable info, even if it is copy and paste....saves me lookin for it.

Maybe those whiners are looking for a Mod position.so be it.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I don't have a source to quote from, but I read that physicists have now determined that light is actually slowing down. So how does that figure in?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollywood11
Ultimate Thread Ever. Bar None.

Version with images working
indigosociety.com...

Chinese character for Qi- vapors rising

Vapor and rice together

Here is a post about chinese medicine and martial arts I found on another board quoted

" No-one who understood what is implied by Qi would say they don't believe in it. Saying you don't believe in Qi is like saying you don't believe in 'relationship' or "influence".

Hollywood. I looked at the indigo forum and thats been copied from somewhere else as well (martial arts forum). The indigo forum is not the source. Where was the quoted post originally taken from? Is there anything original that you have posted for ATS? Are you the member Kilik and does he know you've posted this? Even the images and thread titles are the same.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by riley]

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Before I even read any furthur-the quote below (from your post's quote) has sparked a massive lightbulb in my head. It has fascinated me, and all I can say is Electricity and Magnetism...if you substitute the 2 for Yin and Yang it's absolutely EERY! I can't wait to see what they think at the Electric Universe forum...the foundation of my belief system is in this I swear, please go to thunderbolts.info to see what I mean (not a plug just fyi) I'm gonna add my thoughts in bold/italic throughout the quote...

Between heaven and earth are qi and it's laws' ; between Yin and Yang are Qi and it's laws'. This classic statement points to the most important aspect of Qi, it's context. So qi is the interplay of Yin and Yang. This brings us back to the nature of Yin and Yang.

Yin is the tendency of things in the universe to coalesce and slow down. Yin is the tendency to crystalization and struction. Yin is the tendacy of matter to fall down and shadows to form in opposition to light.

Yang is the tendency for things to change and become other things. The tendency to dissolve and tendency to grow. The tendency for clouds to boil and skin to tan.

All objects of sense experience are an interplay of Yin and Yang. This includes individual things as well as systems. This is why the concept of Taiji is the great terminus or the grand ultimate, because it includes all things in the universe. Yin and Yang are linked and one cannot be discussed without invoking the other. Structure cannot be divorced from function.

They stand in mutual opposition.
They are rooted in each other.
They define each others limit.
They transform into one another.

When we discuss the balance of Yin and Yang at any given moment or in any given state we are talking about Qi. It is important to understand that Yin and Yang are not absolute states of being, rather they are part of a moving frame that can applied in a variety of ways to any situation. There are many situations where the place of Yin and Yang is considered to be understood and relatively predictable so they are left out of the discussion. One of these places is in the context of the relationship between body and mind.

It's absolutely perfect...the bolded and italicitzed part is what pushed me over the edge (aka to make this post), I could write a novel about my irritation with our dogmatic-top scientists, but I'll keep it short here...

..."There are many situations where...Ying and Yang isconsidered to be understood...so they are left out of the discussion. This is exactly what is unfolding to this very day. The whole physics field-those of the infamous Black Hole, Big Bang, etc., refuse to CONSIDER anything that doesn't agree with the Einsteinian Gravity-Dominating Theory (of everything)--I say this b/c papers that claim to the contrary, despite being backed up with FACTS, are unlikely to be published....Now obviously, I'm not challenging Albert Einstein's unquestionable intelligence, merely..those who have accepted it as absolute truth and dedicated mucho $$ and time in their lives figuring out how to make up an equation-to explain something new that foils their model(How often do you see headlines with the words "scientist's baffled!", or articles with the phrase "there's just one problem, according to blahblah theory, it shouldn't exist/be there")??...anyways, I've come to the personal conclusion that Electromagnestism, not Gravity, is the dominant force of our universe...this is because of my discovery of www.thunderbolts.info...I beg you-go there, read the SCIENTIFIC FACT-based works of Wal Thornhill, David Talbott, Donald Scott, Michael Gmirkin...the resources(links) there are astounding in amount AND context...primary (I assume? from what I've come to gather) influences-w/ tons of their work found on the site-include Kristian Birkeland, Hannes Alfven, to name a few...

VERY interesting post, thanks

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I am the poster known as Kilik

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollywood11
I am the poster known as Kilik

Okay.. that actually makes alot of difference as now I know it's your work. Thankyou for clearing that up.

Do you have a link to the martial arts site btw? I'd prefer to know the context as your posts are kind of fragmented.

peace.

[edit on 18-10-2008 by riley]

<< 1  2    4 >>

join