It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My co-workers watched as a girl died

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
i thought that the US had a first response law. i was under the impression that if a trained first aid personel sees someone who needs assistance thay ahve an obligation to help. i know i do bc of my medical training in the military. whenever i see a car accident or anything i have to stop and help and i do.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Star kitten

And where did this happen star ktten. Since you write call centre and not center you are clearly English, but nothing like this has happened in England recently and it never would or in the US for that matter. As if noone would have called an ambulance, that's absolute fantasy that they all just stood there.

Why are you making up silly little stories like a child?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I really wish you would name the company, as I bet its got to do with our OHS (Occupational Health and SAfety) laws here in Australia.
I find it extremely "UnAustralian" as we say it here - if this happened.
Personally i'd go to the local MP or your media.
This is BS if its what truly took place.

And utterly pathetic.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Im in nursing school, and a question came up about helping people out of the hospital setting. If we saw an accident should we go up and help someone, or in this case if someone is not breathing, are we REQUIRED to help. The answer is NO. You are under NO obligation to help anyone, even if you are an RN, EMT, or whatever. If you do help, you will be covered by the good Samaritan law however. This law is in place to protect you if you do in fact help someone and something happens to the victim. They cannot lay blame on you because you were trying to help. Basically it's an ethics thing. Should you help if you can?? Maybe...that would probably be the right thing to do. But again, YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED to help, even if you know what you are doing. If you don't that is on your consciousness.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Star Kitten,

Your post has been called out as being a hoax.

Your story has evoked a lot of anger, sadness and hatred from ATS members and has also been starred and flagged many times.

Because of this you are now obligated to provide the ATS community with evidence that what you have told us is the truth and that you are not, in fact, a hoaxer.

To make up a story like this would be a tasteless and irresponsible thing to do.

I hope this is not the case.

We all look forward to your reply.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This brings back my memory of when I was a nurse on a Medical Ward and one of my patients was developing fluid on her lungs and increasingly having trouble breathing. (My speciality is Pulmonary Critical Care) I was an LPN at the time so I was to report to the charge RN on duty. I did with much vigor and anticipation that the doctor on call, hell, the only doctor inhouse, the ER doc should be informed immediatly! She was given some medication in her IV (I want go into detail) but she increasingly was going into respitory arrest. No one would listen to me and the rest of the staff were doing a shift change while I was cradling this woman and she was begging me for help. Finally one of the nurses on another ward from down the hall cme in and said she was taking her to the ICU. The woman died and it was basically covered up! She had no family, or I would have told them. I gave my 2 weeks notice and left. It was horrible, you will never forget it! God Bless You for trying.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Hey "Star Kitten" [Nice Avatar BTW
] , this kind of behavior not only irritates me, it downright infuriates me as well. For some reason we are now witnessing an increase in such "hands-off" behavior, and it goes against EVERYTHING upon which this Nation and Society in General were founded. I see the older Generations, such as my Father and his Father, and they were always there for eachother. Back when they grew-up, your neighbors helped you out, and you helped them. No one used to complain about the lack of "Government Intervention", because they simply believed that we as Americans should help EACHOTHER.

In recent news stories I can recall there was an elderly pedestrian who was hit by a "Hit-and-Run" driver in Connecticut, yet people just walked around him, drove around him, and took photographs of him lying motionless in the street. Some clown even rolled up on his Moped and circled around the guy in a curious manner, and then left. I also remember this lady who died in an ER out in Los Angeles I believe, and the employees, patients, and officials simply walked over her body without the slightest concern. A Janitor was even mopping around the lady's body, but she still remained on the floor until someone dialed 911. A similar incident occurred with a stabbing victim in a Gas Station Super Market. Customers took pictures of the lady with their Cell Phones, but NO ONE, not event the attendant on duty, ever dialed 911.

One time I was on the Metro when a Lady became stuck in the door. The sliding doors chimed as they closed (for departure), but they failed to re-open when they hit her (as they are designed to do). This lady ended up being half-way onboard the car, and half-way standing on the platform. I grabbed one of the doors, another guy grabbed the other, and we pulled them apart while a third guy used his umbrella to pry them open. Fortunately it worked, and we pulled the lady on-board. I always remain glad to this day that two others jumped in to help this lady, as opposed to the so often cited cases of witness neglect.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
still absolutely nothing in the news...not even the gossip rags in AU.

Makes yah wonder how such a HUGE potential TOP MEDIA story like this can stay so quiet...like I said before 30+ people at the office, medical staff, first responders, family and friends and acquaintances, hospital staff, coroners office, local police...

There isn't even any "gossip" about such a case as this and searches provide only one link to the story...here on ATS.

Obviously not everyone checks things out. I just get a bit irritated that so many people are so willing to believe that we as a race of people are so cruel as to actually stand around and let someone die in THIS manner.

I'm not saying it never happens but re read her OP, trained people, defibrillator...

anyone I know that has first aid would be right on it..potential lawsuit or no.

I just refuse to give up on us so easily and believe a story like this that is so much hogwash.

I'm ashamed of those who got suckered in and assumed the story to be true. I'm ashamed of the OP for creating a hoax to either gain points, sympathies or unearned praise. (or possible all three)

Look into it yourself people please and see if you can scrape together some skepticism and balance it with faith in others.

Not everything you read is true! Thank goodness for that.

Provide some proof please Star kitten.

Edited to add: with so many people who rise up and help in this world, and many on ATS as well how likely do you REALLY think it is that 30 people could or would stand by and watch as someone they worked with, talked to, and spent all day with simply fade away in front of them??? I mean REALLY how likely do you think it is???

[edit on 10/21/2008 by justgeneric]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet

On another note, what is it with people calling everything they read as "fake" or "hoax", some people just need to get out of their comfort zone more often, and look at the "real" world , not the tiny bubbles of "reality" we sometimes find ourselves immersed into...

i say this is fake and no, i dont think this of everything i read.

i live in the 'real world' where people attention seek constantly. i think people who think this is real need alittle reality in their lives because in the 'real world' out of 30 PEOPLE in an office with many phones avail i'd assume....someone would have called 000.

i am not ignorant to the fact that people do nothing all the time...though not in this scenario sorry.

prove that this happenned and i'll eat my words.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by enlighten2012

you don't have to eat your words, I was once an optimist like you, until the weight of that so called "reality" taught me otherwise.
Its great that you haven't had the misfortune of facing similar circumstances, don't loose the faith you have in humanity then, because I have.

I have a similar tale like the one the OP posted, but this in a ecological reservation, the 10+ people there just watched as a man that had burnt himself real badly screamed for his life, not one moved a finger, all said they were in shock, I did what I could, luckily his life was saved, but that impotence i felt towards the bystanders will never be forgotten...

People would rather look the other way, than lend a helping hand.

[edit on 21-10-2008 by TheOneEyedProphet]

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I feel for you but you are in part to blame for that situation. Giving up and assuming the worse ...all we need is a room full like that and let me tell you apathy saves nothing and no one.

I also feel badly that you are scarred by the death of someone while other stood by. I can feel that anger...

If you give up you'll get the same in return.

My experiences have been wonderously different and I'm pretty sure we live on the same planet and watch the same news, eat the same foods and suffer just like anyone. The people around here (Canada may be a special place but I doubt it) stand up...lord knows I do and always will. A smile to a homeless guy outside the 7-11 or grabbing a kid out of the way of a car. I cannot believe that I am a rare breed at all...I refuse to.

I GET what I GIVE and firmly believe it. I'm in no private bubble...I know there are more than enough crappy people out there who'd rather turn a blind eye...I will NEVER be one of them.

I'm saddened by how willing people are to give up on our own based on PAST experiences...the world is full of NEW experiences and I doubt all will be bad.

I couldn't imagine what it would be like to walk around and feel certain that if I desperately needed help none would come. I know it would I'd stake my life on it (in fact I'd have to wouldn't I?)

I'm not lecturing...I'm just really saddened and pissed off at the apathy and acceptance of others to believe the worst.

If I am in a bubble...then here I pray to stay and thankfully it's a pretty full bubble because I know I'm not the only one.

And yes I've seen and felt tragedy, and felt the anger towards others who've supposedly been in charge, get mad, get over it and make a difference.

I still say this OP is BS.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Star, you did right. And even though it was too late you should be proud.

I have saved 2 people's lives with CPR. That was part of my job. I can tell you that doing something (even if you only grasp the Concept of chest compressions) is better than doing nothing. And to heck with this idea of "I might get sued..." - What the f is that about? I am in shock that these people did nothing - particularly the people that had some (at least minimal) training and responsibility to help if something like this ever happened...but all of them did nothing. Nothing! Not even call an ambulance? - WTF. - After I was done trying to save that girls life, after the medics got there, I would have done 2 things:
1) Quit my job in a loud, colorful and forceful manner.
2) Insulted everyone in that room but me and the medics, and beat the cr@p out of anyone who denied being a total disgrace as a human being.

At least you tried, and that counts. The rest of those losers have to live with the pathetic things they are. Please don't work there anymore.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This is very sad and pathetic that a large group of people can't even call 911! When someone collapses on the floor that clearly means something is wrong! Jesus I can't believe that they wouldn't know this. I think this story should go to FOX News. Being sued for doing something is a MYTH! People have you ever heard of the good samaritan law?? You can't be sued for coming to the aid of another. She can't breath on her own and her heart isn't pumping on it's own that's why they came up with CPR, wow what a concept! She needed someone to breath and pump her heart for her and everyone just stood around LIKE DUH I am a retard. The first minutes are crucial. CPR is so easy to do, it's 15 compressions and 2 breaths and about 5 cycles. CPR should be learned in school and colleges required learning. Good grief they even had a defibrillator there, which is also easy to use! For the OP my hats off to you. You did do something and you should be commended for your efforts. Thanks for your service your a hero in any case!

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Her parents shoudl at least sue the two trained first aid guys for all they're worth and they shoudl sue the rest for failure to apply the Good Samaritan Rule. That is unacceptable. And I would take their pictures and post them online so people can see what cowards all of them are.

Trust yourself. It's obvious you can't on any of your co-workers.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
tears cascade down my face as i read this,
pride fills my body knowing there are humans like you out there who are compassionate and would do whatever necesary without a second thought to help your fellow man

yet anger and animosity and violence overwhelms my thoughts

everyone of those people who stood around and watched should be charged with murder
or minimumly negligence in the death

how can a human even give a thought to the legal system when someone is dying

when someone is so vulnerable all humans can think about is money

i would break T&C and say F*** those people but they arent even worth it

they dont even deserve to be classified as homosapiens

but i thank you for being a true human and i wish you the best life imaginable

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
1 last thing...all the trolls needs to go to hell seriously

its one thing to debate and prove facts and things like that...but this isnt that kind of story

this is one person describing a situation they were involved in

unless someone can prove this didnt happen

who the hell do u think u are to come on here and just shout fake

lets say it is fake

who gives a damn??

the ppl sitting here arguing whether the ops real or not are just as bad as the people standing by doing nothing

you bitch and moan and act all pessimistic just to argue and get rises out of people

if all you have to say to something like this is that its fake then dont bother saying anything at all

go read a ufo thread and attack that

sitting here arguing about this thread does nothing but show how ignorant you are and how you have absolutely no life and nothing better to do but come on this board and crap talk ppl

maybe this thread is fake

but just for the sake of things i hope to god its true, just makes the ppl arguing look that much more ignorant

sorry for the double post but sometimes things just really frustrate me especially when so many people miss the point

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
OMG!!! What a bunch of STUPID people you work with. Please tell me none of them are college educated. They DIDN'T help because they were afraid of being sued??? For what?? Trying to help. It has never, EVERY happened that someone has been sued for TRYING to help someone, for doing what they could. People HAVE, however, been sued for NOT trying to help, several times. They had telephones to call 911, and even a defibrillator, and did NOTHING!?!?!? I hope each of them gets sued for everything they have and then some, i really do. This is just the dumbest thing I have heard in a long, long time. Mass stupidity. I have never seen such mass stupidity in my life. They need to have a conference, and ask each of them where their hearts are, and then where the heck thier heads are, cause now they are going to be sued for everything they have. Let this be a lesson to everyone. If you do nothing, you are MORE at fault than if you had done something and made a mistake.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

This is a terrible story and the people who were actually certified in first aid should be sent to jail for not trying to help, not even sued. I think the parents should also sue for the very reason that everyone didn't want to help for fear of being sued, so f them over and sue the crap out of them. If I was you man I would have added a few more people to the death toll because if I witnessed people do such a thing I'd kill somebody myself; not willing to try to save a life not worth living at all.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
MESSAGE FOR STAR KITTEN

Firstly - apologies for the action I am about to take, it is an action that many of the ATS Members have been requesting. IF the incident happened, then we as a society are certainly poorer for it.

However - its yet to be substantiated - a relatively simple thing as there is NO way something like this would have not found its way in some form into the media. There has been no response from yourself also.

As such - I am locking this thread.

Feel free to u2u myself or another Staff Member with some form of proof and I'll happily reopen it, post up the proof and certainly apologise.

I hope you understand that certainly our thoughts and hearts are with anyone who experiences something like this...however we also have to be mindful that there are also unfortunately those who post falsely. Again - hope you understand.

Cheers.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join