It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My co-workers watched as a girl died

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

th story would be all over the place the SECOND it happened?

give it a day or week.

-

It's a figure of speech. I thought people who can use the Internet could've figure that out but I guess some people can't.

And the story has numerous inconsitencies of a typical ATS hoaxer.

Read the whole topic. I don't have time to type all of the ridiculous
inconsistencies because I have better things to do then to entertain this fake thread.

But I do understand though that some people may not have the mental capability of figuring things out. Then again some people think people CAN'T hoax and people CAN'T lie so such a person doesn't deserve any real-life education.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by spacebagel]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
edit, my bad.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Mdv2]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

FFS - you have not even attempted to read this thread have you ?this event alledgedly occured in australia

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Star kitten

i'm sorry though i dont believe a second of this story.
30 people standng around a dying girl and no-one called 000... RUBBISH!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I don't understand, i know CPR and the thought of being sued wouldn't have even entered my head. The only thing i would have thought of would be to save her life.

I just don't get it.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

No they shouldn't sue, the people who watched her die (especially the people with Defib training) should be charged. There was gross negligence here and they should be charged with it. I would nearly say Manslaughter through neglect. Jail time for these people!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
if this is true. it's very sad and depressing. it reminds me of the Kitty Genovese story. that happened in the 70*s N.Y. where a lot of people watched her get stabbed and bleed to death.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
You can't sue someone for refusing to provide first aid where I come from, except if you have a duty of care. The reason things like this happen are that the words 'I'm gonna get sued' pop into peoples minds straight away.

This guy recently was trying to make me angry so I would knock him out. I only found out later he wanted to sue me...Luckily, I didn't go for it - he was pushing pretty hard.

The world is a #ed up place.

If it occured in Aus as stated above, then the first aiders in the crowd have no obligation to help. As far as I can remember, you cannot touch a person to provide first aid unless they are 100% unresponsive. The real issue is that no one called 000.

Not to say I agree with the course of action...

[edit on 17-10-2008 by seenitall]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by enlighten2012

i'm sorry though i dont believe a second of this story.
30 people standng around a dying girl and no-one called 000... RUBBISH!

It probably is true. There was one story of a young girl in New York, went out on a run, someone stabs her, no one calls for a fricking ambulance and people stand around watching. It DOES happen unfortunately.

As for the 2 supposedly trained EMT's in the office. Screw that crap, I'd be straight in there, what can they sur for? The fact that a guy is giving a girl CPR? I wouldn't be sueing if that was me and I survived, they would have saved my life.

Those First Aiders need proper educating on this matter. I'd rather save someones life and feel the wrath of possibly being sued!

Was it just a bunch of males there, then, Star? Apart from the girl?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This reminds me of the time when a woman outside her apartment was mugged and murdered in plain sight, with over 20 people watching from their windows. No one called 911 or did anything, they just watched her bleed to death.

I can't imagine what you went through OP, but you are a good person if this truly happened. You are a real leader and like others have said, I think you are well qualified to take up an EMT job or something of the sort. Be well.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Viral]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Star kitten
When i got up there, all of the workers (about 30 of them usually) were stood around in a circle. I went over to see what was going on, and lying on the floor in the middle of them, was a 27 year old girl who we had worked with for some time. She was unconscious and she was beginning to turn blue. I asked what was going on and someone told me that she had just passed out about 10-15 minutes ago. I bent down and checked her pulse and breathing- there was neither. I asked them if they had called an ambulance- they hadn't. I told them to, and started to perform CPR.

Jesus Christ, someone passes out, lies there for 15 minutes, and nobody calls an ambulance or whatsoever,... They freakin' deserve to be sued!!

Damn, this sorta thing makes me furious, what the hell went wrong with this world. In my opinion its the most normal thing to help or call an ambulance

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This is awful! The family should sue the people who didn't even help her never mind the managers as well. Before you work there do they cover how to do CPR and the recovery position's i forgot the name for the procedure, but if they do not i think that they have every right, possibly you as a witness to sue the company for it!

They should of phoned an ambulance called a manager or maybe even taken her to the hospital themselves. (Risky but a possibility)

The result of this lead to a girl dyeing! I'm sure the managers have alot of questions!

I'm sorry to have this happen to you, i know the aftershocks must be painful to remember!

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Wait a minute...this is in Australia right? And it was a women...Does anyone know how old Blossom Goodchild was?

yes...It's all starting to make sense now.....

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This is truly a sad story. I feel for your pain and the lose the family has had to suffer.

One thing I have noticed is that when faced with a dire situation most people freeze up or start acting stupid. My brother was drowning when we were younger and all the people around the pool were just standing there pointing. They did nothing at all. Lucky my father is a brave man. He didn't even think he just leaped into the pool to save his son. I like to think he would have done that for anyone.

when I was in Iraq I saw so many of our brave soldiers freeze and panic. Forgetting there training and there battles buddies. I think it has a lot to do with the fight or flight mechanism we have. Some people just don't know what to do when situations like this arise.

You have every right to be upset, but don't take it out on your co-workers to much. Unless they were pointing and laughing it would be my opinion that they just froze because they have never been exposed to a situation like that before.

side note: Not bashing any soldier just using that as an example that even the most trained person can lock up in a time of chaos.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by hILB3rT]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This is a terrible story.

To hear that she died of a heart attack, and there were two people theretrained in CPR , AND a defibulator there to boot. they should have had a VERY good chance to get this girls heart going again.

If your not trained in CPR, get trained. OR call 911, and let them walk you through it.

I had a personal experience like this, where my ex had basically been dead for about 10 minutes, lips were basically black, and her face was ashen. I took CPR almost 10 years before that but training kicked right in. It took the ambulance, which I immediately called over 10 more minutes to get to the scene, beforethey got there, I had her up and around. Then they took over.

I know how exausting it can be 10 minutes of doing CPR is extremely hard, much better if you have 2 people. I feel for you, OP, that no one would help you.

I could see them being leary of useing the defibulator without liscenced training, but CPR? Come on. What has this world come to? Guess I might could choke to death in a restaurant because all the people there are afraid to give me the the hemlic(sp?) manuever, for fear of being sued? Looks like I'll be useing the straight hard back of a chair on myself, and have to break a rib or two, because people are afraid to get involved.

Contrary to common belief a defibulator doesn;t start the heart back up with a shock, it actually stops it cold; thi9s way through CPR you can restore the natural rythm of the heartbeat. Cardiac Arrest, (heart ATTacks) are almost always caused by a heart that is beating abnormally. So really unless anyone heard her say she had chest pains, shooting pain up her left arm ect, I wouldn't imagine a 27 yr old haveing a heart attack(although a 21 yr old friend of mine died on the hockey rink many years ago of a heart attack, it does happen),

CPR still would have helped if they had called an ambulance and started CPR right away, the personal on the other end ofr the phone line can instuct you on what to do (so as long as you follow their directions, your in no harm of being sued). If they were worried about a male giving afemale mouth to mouth, thats pure rubbish when someone is dieing.

The fact that no one even decided or thought ot, or bothered to call for an ambulance is the realtradgedy here. Good lord in this day and age where everyone has a cell phone attached to thier head???? Not to mention you work in an office filled with telephones?? What the heck??

Whats the old saying if, your being attacked or raped in NY (I'm from NY,so no hate here but) you yell "Fire" instead of "Help"?(might have this one messed up, but it goes something like that).

Sad times we live in.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Nola213]

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by emmy
As for the 2 supposedly trained EMT's in the office. Screw that crap, I'd be straight in there, what can they sur for? The fact that a guy is giving a girl CPR? I wouldn't be sueing if that was me and I survived, they would have saved my life.

I agree with you. Besides being a trained Combat Lifesaver I would still have been in there trying to help in any way possible. Even if it was to smack the EMT's into action.

I don't know about Aussie Law but in America there is a Good Samaritan law. That is if someone dies or is injured while another person is trying to save there life the saver cannot be sued for being a Good Samaritan.

Good Samaritan Law

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It's more than likely that the first aiders didn't have a clue about CPR etc. because they haven't been properly trained.

However, standing around for 15mins without even bothering to call an ambulance and seeking potentially life-saving advice from the emergency services is unforgivable.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by mc1km]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
"No- she was a slim and healthy girl. According to the autopsy (courtesy of the girls parents- they told me this) She had nothing wrong with her heart. No-one knows why she had a heart attack."

This happened on Monday, and you already have confirmed autopsy results given to you by grieving parents on Thursday?
Im sorry, but I believe you are making this up.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I agreee, it's exactly a report of getting sued that will discourage people in helping.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Star Kitten, Im sorry you had to go through such a stressful situation I myself cant imagine having to go through something like that. I can't believe nobody called a freak'n ambulance thats the first thing I would of done, that poor poor girl. I would of probably smacked a few of those idiots around a bit and said HEY WAKE THE F*** UP SOMEONE IS DIEING HERE!. I hope that if something like that ever happend to me or somebody I love people wouldnt just stand there.. Jeez! What is this the medieval times, I thought everybody knew how to do CPR this day and age? Even If I didnt know CPR I wouldnt just stand there and watch her die like that, how will they live with themselves now that they know they are some what responsible for her death?

By the way people anybody know the chances of dieing from a heart attack at age 27? Im 27

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join