It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing points please help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I noticed today that I am losing points and I don't know why. I am aware that you can lose points I just don't know where. I also noticed the more I post the more I lose...............Please help if you can.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
As far as I am aware you can only lose points by getting a warning from a mod, which I think is 500 a pop but you would have a U2U if that was the cause I think, or if you use them in the member center to purchase access to RATS or the other nifty little things they have in there. Other than that, I am at a loss. I don't see any warn tags on your mini profile there, but maybe you got one and they just aren't showing them anymore.. Not too sure really..

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Have you checked your u2u messages?

Having a quick looksee through the Action Logs I see you got hit with a P-Troll Warn (Political Trolling) for a thread started.

That thread was also deleted - in which case you would have also received a u2u message informing you of its removal.

[edit on 16-10-2008 by alien]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rikk7111

I looked through your posting history for today but didn't see anything. You either got a tag further back or a warning. Check your u2u's and whatever you did will be sent to you in a u2u with a link to the offending post. It wouldn't be a purchase because you can't purchase anything if you don't have enough combined points. So it is definitely an infraction of some kind. Your u2u's should tell you.

Originally posted by Jenna
I don't see any warn tags on your mini profile there, but maybe you got one and they just aren't showing them anymore.. Not too sure really..

The warn tags are currently not showing due to a glitch/flaw/change in the system. I know this because I got my first warn ever last week but it didn't show up in my mini-profile.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Thanks fellas I'm still new here and I want to do the right thing, by the way do I need to change something I've done to keep my points from still falling. It has -656 does that mean there still going off and I need to change something? I dont need to loss any more.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

All right, if you promise to be a good boy/girl from now on go ahead and do this: join twitter

No more trolling though.

And don't get too caught up on points either. Just start thoughtful and interesting threads and your points will go up in no time.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
You might have seen a decrease because you customized your avatar...

If I am way off, it's because I'm way off...

Don't worry 'bout points dude...I've lost about 11k in a short amount of time (deservedly so...), but remember - you are here for the enlightenment, not the kudos...

BTW - the point system does seem to be an unspoken motivator...

Grammar edit!

[edit on 10/16/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
What do you mean I customized my avatar....I just now took it off to see if anything changes.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikk7111
What do you mean I customized my avatar....I just now took it off to see if anything changes.

It's not your avatar. You got docked points by the ATS staff, that's all.
Just follow my advice from my precious post and everything will be cool.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
Have you checked your u2u messages?

Having a quick looksee through the Action Logs I see you got hit with a P-Troll Warn (Political Trolling) for a thread started.

That thread was also deleted - in which case you would have also received a u2u message informing you of its removal.

With all of the possible causes were listed, but Alien really hit the nail on the head with this answer

Did anybody read it?

You would have recieved a u2u from the mod that gave you the warn. u2u him/her/AI back for more information.

[edit on 10/17/08 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

The warn tags are currently not showing due to a glitch/flaw/change in the system. I know this because I got my first warn ever last week but it didn't show up in my mini-profile.

There are different warns we use these days as evidenced by the grapic left in many warned posts. As far as I know the old warn, which we still have should result in the red graphic on your mini, we just don't use it very often anymore but rather uses the new warns which are tailored to various types of infractions.

That being said the ratio of applause to warns is something like 20-30 to 1

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

FredT/Alien already pointed out the most likely reason...

My point was that you may have purchased a customization thru the ATS store...which, would "cost" points, causing yours to go down...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
...as others have said - you're not your points, you're not your post count.

I wouldn't get too hung up on the whole points thing...yeah, with them you can *buy* nifty features and customisations...but really they aren't a true indication of the worth of ones posts.

Some of the most mindblowing Members we have on ATS have point-counts barely in the 4 digits.

Just enjoy your time here and thats all that really counts...

Welcome to ATS by the way.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
Some of the most mindblowing Members we have on ATS have point-counts barely in the 4 digits.

How true.
Also, some members have accumulated a lot of points in a short period without ever saying anything worthwhile.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
It's not how many points you have that make people here on ATS like you, it's the quality of your post.

I wouldn't worry to much about it unless you're trying to pimp out your avatar.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Thanks very much everyone, I took your advice and everything is better now... I can sleep at night and know that I am looked over and protected by my family at ATS...................
.....Thanks a million.

top topics

join