It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plans for a Unified Asian Currency ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I was going through some old newspapers that had accumulated in my home office when my eye caught a news story from back in June about the Australian Prime Minister wanting a Asia- Pacific Community. I hadn't paid too much attention to the news reports previously but upon googling a bit found out the following links:

Asian Currency Unit Shaping Up

By Doris Dumlao
Inquirer
First Posted 08:32pm (Mla time) 06/17/2007

BERLIN The proposed unified Asian currency unit (ACU) is moving forward with Southeast Asia plus China, Korea and Japan at the core of the initiative toward monetary integration, a German economist and adviser to the Asian Development Bank said.

Alfred Steinherr, chief of the macroeconomic unit of DIW Berlin, Germany’s biggest and oldest think-tank, told visiting journalists from Asia and Africa that the proposed monetary integration was shaping up along the lines of the Chiang Mai initiative of the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) plus three.

Business Enquirer

It seems like this 'Asian Union' will take some time to get up and running but there was a lot of chatter about it at the beginning of this year but then it just disappeared off the radar. Could it be that everything was put on hold seeing that the Economic collapse was imminent or things were moved away from the mainstream public eye in order to put some final touches onto it before the grand plan being unveiled to the unsuspecting public in order to "shield" the asian countries from further damage.

My other theory is that perhaps the whole Asian Currency Unit plans were put on the back burner as Plan B just in case the whole Single Global Currency scenario faces extreme resistance...

[edit on 16-10-2008 by 04326]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
one more step to a one world governemt

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This is the link to the original article that caught my eye (in www version offcourse)

news.com.au

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by X9ballX
one more step to a one world governemt

One WORLD currency would do a lot to simplify matters and prevent excess speculation.

What needs to be maintained is EU style controls to provide responsible government economic policies.

Worth a try.

JK

new topics

top topics

join