It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe the Plumber not licensed, registered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Joe the Plumber

www.upi.com

TOLEDO, Ohio, Oct. 16 (UPI) -- Joe Wurselbacher, the Ohio plumber thrust into the national limelight during the presidential debate, isn't licensed and says he doesn't need one.

He is also not registered to operate as a plumber in Ohio -- which means, well, he's not a plumber, The (Toledo) Blade reported Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
voices.washingtonpost.com

[edit on 16-10-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
What a surprise, McCain is either lying or grossly incompetent with his fact checking...but by "checking his record" like he always says, you'll see he & his campaign excel at both. Either way this just equates to yet another misdirection used by him to lull naive middle class Americans into thinking that his tax plan helps them.

okay really loud and clear here:
IF YOU MAKE LESS THEN $250,000 (that's two hundred and fifty thousand dollars) A YEAR YOU WILL GET A TAX BREAK.

So even the semi-ficticious "Joe the plummber" would technically benefit from the big "O"s plan.

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

More importantly, if you make $250,000 a year and over and are worried about paying a little extra in taxes, you are actually worse than the "lazy" people you complain about.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

More importantly, if you make $250,000 a year and over and are worried about paying a little extra in taxes, you are actually worse than the "lazy" people you complain about.

I disagree with this statement. Why do we all have our mind made up that somebody needs to pay more in taxes? I think the wasteful spending needs to be addressed first.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Yeah it's like $7500 dollars means that much to them(roughly based off of 3% of 250k) versus the stability of their beloved financial system. Do they know what that means to us "lazy people" who make up the roughly 95% of us out here that don't make over $250k who might be struggling to fill their gas tanks?or get our medications? Pay for food? Pay the rent/mortage? Let alone the Trillion dollar deficit? The under funded education system? But no it's okay, you "rich people" like Joe (who doesn't make more then $250K btw) go ahead and throw that away at your favorite golf courses or whatever you do with it. We need both spending cuts & increased taxes (via a "rebalancing" of sort) to straighten this country's debt out.

Say what you want "rich people", but it's called greed for those of you complaining. Which I think is funny that most of the Republicans used to say "paying taxes is patriotic" where is that attitude now? Now that the country says "hey why don't you help out the place that got you 'rich'?" But no, America can't ask that of you...
Or not to mention that the vast majority at McCain/Palin's own rallies don't even make enough to be taxed by Obama's plan and will in fact be getting a nice cut.

This is reported in the Chicago Sun-times in June of this year:

The rich would pay more under Barack Obama's tax plan, and the poor and middle-class would pay less, a nonpartisan analysis finds. Under John McCain's plan, the rich would pay much less than they do now, the poor and middle-class would pay a bit less, and the federal deficit would grow, the study found.
Full article here

Sounds like a very "wise" idea that you'd expect from someone with the amount of experience as Mccain doesn't it? Sure pretty much sums up the way things have been going under a Neo-con rule who believe relabeling Trickle Down Economic, AGAIN, would work.

I'm sorry "rich" people, you can't play the victim right now. Not while thousands are losing their jobs. Get over yourself and your materialism already.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Yeah it's like $830 dollars means that much to them(roughly based off of 3% of 250k) versus the stability of your beloved financial system?

3% of 250,000 is 7500. What am I missing? Also how will more taxes stabalize our beloved finacial system?

link   
I am so glad the media has researched the plumber so well..........maybe they could spare a reporter or two to investigate Obama's ties to ACORN or a handful of other questionable relations........nah why would they want to do that?

How come we never hear anything from Obama's college days? No papers he wrote, no companions, no Student activities to speak of.

It's too funny, Obama inserts his own foot in his own mouth, yet its' "Lets go after the Plumber". Unreal.

link   
At this time, I have only heard it from a talking head on the news and don't have a link but will work on fidning on; Joe the plumber also owes back taxes for 2007.

Wow, why didn't the McCain campain do the legwork on this one before they started throwing this mans name around.

For people like me, Dina the nurse, I appreciate Obama's tax plan.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib

Yeah it's like $830 dollars means that much to them(roughly based off of 3% of 250k) versus the stability of your beloved financial system?

3% of 250,000 is 7500. What am I missing? Also how will more taxes stabalize our beloved finacial system?

I know it must be hard to realize that not only were you taxed around 7000 from this bailout but you might also have to pay an extra 7500 under Obamas plan. Imagine how us little people feel. We have shouldered the burdon for far too long, it's someone elses turn for a change. You can put that in your pipe and smoke it, I don't care about the upper 5% who BY THE WAY got there stepping on the backs of their employees, who by the way earn so little they also qualify for this tax cut! Enron ring a bell?????

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
I am so glad the media has researched the plumber so well..........maybe they could spare a reporter or two to investigate Obama's ties to ACORN .

You are half right. But ATS was all over it, there is a thread showing McCain giving a speech co-sponsered by ACORN in 2006. How bout that?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

Whoops, duh, my mistake. I need to pay more attention when typing out/doing my numbers
Either way, that actually illustrates my point even better as the simple fact that the "rich" can technically afford it. I think even the guy who makes 249K would tend to agree with that. I really don't think if you make 250K you're rich, but you're definitely more well of then the rest of us and Mccain's tax plan will drive the deficit up. No matter how you look at it, it's just not a good plan at all...unless you're "rich". Even the majority of small businesses will get a tax cut, and those who don't will see breaks on health care, thus offsetting the income tax.

How does it stabilize the the "beloved" financial system? No more then the speculation that fuels the market really. It's all based on a flawed monetary system (aka Fiat), so it's all a big game owned by a private company we call the Federal Reserve anyways. So until we re-establish the monetary system under the authority of the people of the United States, not a private corporation, we are doomed to keep seeing this "financial crisis" keep recycling.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cowgirlstraitup7

I know it must be hard to realize that not only were you taxed around 7000 from this bailout but you might also have to pay an extra 7500 under Obamas plan. Imagine how us little people feel.

Me? I don't make anywhere near 250k a year. I am just trying to understand why everyone believes that higher taxes are a nessecity for any demographic.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

Can you provide feasible examples of governmental spending cuts that would result in deficit reduction?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

So until we re-establish the monetary system under the authority of the people of the United States, not a private corporation, we are doomed to keep seeing this "financial crisis" keep recycling.

So can we all agree that we are making a mistake when we support higher taxes regardless of the demographic or who purposes it as being necessary?

Can you provide feasible examples of governmental spending cuts that would result in deficit reduction?

I think you said it very nicely. "re-establish the monetary system under the authority of the people of the United States, not a private corporation..."

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
At least we know for sure Joe the Plumber was born in the USofA.
Hypothetical or not, the scenario still applies.
Obama's trickle down taxation will affect us all, eventually.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
WHO GIVE A FLIPPIN FRAK ABOUT THE DAMN PLUMMER!!!!

It's a metaphore for stealing money out of those of our pockets who have busted our asses to get where we are only to see our money STOLEN by the government.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

The problem is a political one obviously. With people at the McCain & Palin rallies shouting "Kill'em!" & "Terrorist!" about Obama, what does that say about the cognitive functioning of some of the right base? Do you really think we'd be able to say "hey the FED has been absorbed by...well the federal government, and is now the treasury again." Do you think they'll understand that? That's not something that Obama can campaign on right now either & hope to win. At least on paper, with in the rules of the fractional reserve system his plan can get us in the black again to appease those who give so much power to their pieces of paper. It's all just attempting to buy time until the people of America realize the country has been financial and ideologically stolen.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Do you really think we'd be able to say "hey the FED has been absorbed by...well the federal government, and is now the treasury again." Do you think they'll understand that? That's not something that Obama can campaign on right now either & hope to win.

I see. So it is your premise that a candidate can not offer a real solution and win? I get the impression that you agree that more taxes are unnecessary but you have chosen Obama as your candidate and feel you must support any policies he purposes.

It's all just attempting to buy time until the people of America realize the country has been financial and ideologically stolen.

But until then we will continue to support any policy that our particular candidate tells us is best even when we know it is not... Great, don't hold your breath waiting for any realizations to come upon the general public...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Would someone please explain to me how this is POLITICAL breaking news.

I find you party affiliated types truly disturbing. Why can't you stop and think for yourselves instead of just towing the party line? Neither of these "main candidates" are going to be good for the country. I truly wish you would stop acting like there is a tangible difference between them and start researching some TRULY different candidates outside of the MSM. PLEASE

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Hi There,

Sorry, but seems this thread is a bit of a duplicate of THIS ONE.

So I'll be locking this one down and encouraging/inviting you all to contribute to the other thread.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

join