It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOONEY TUNES

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
YOU KNOW WHAT?

it makes me angry when I turn on the tv and it's okay for these cartoons like Family Guy, The Simpson's, South Park, and many others to be on television when they have so much violence and sexual-puns, but LOONEY-TUNES and other SHORTS are off the air?!?!?

I want to see Bugs Bunny. I want to see a Tex Avery cartoon. I want to see Jerry hit Tom over the head with an iron and them smack a kiss on his face and run away as Tom's seeing stars. I want to see an anvil made by ACME drop on the Wile E. Coyote's head as he holds up a sign reading "help!"

The stupid excuse of "too much violence" is really hypocritical. A CARTOON CHARACTER can't run into brick wall that's painted like a tunnel, but promiscuity, sex, drugs, and alcohol abuse promoted in shows like "Futurama" and "Robot Chicken" are perfectly okay. The odds of a child attempting to imitate a parachute turning into an anvil are less likely than the odds of a child imitating alcohol abuse.

Which is more offensive and obscene?

OR :w:

...You do the math.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Soxgirl9

well this is because loony toons are clearly aimed at children. family giuy and others get away with it by airing at a later time and by pretendgin that they make ti for adults.

and btw tom an jerry ftw

new topics

join