It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

States act for renters caught in foreclosure trap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

States act for renters caught in foreclosure trap

www.msnbc.msn.com

Across the country, thousands of renters have become innocent victims of the mortgage crisis: They have been forced to move because the owner of the property was in foreclosure. Security deposits have been lost and lives turned upside-down as people scramble to find a new place to live on short notice.

A few states recently passed or proposed laws to protect renters by requiring mortgage holders to provide sufficient notice for tenants living in foreclosed properties.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well, I doubt I am the only renter here on ATS. The housing crisis so far, has not really touched us renters, who live within our means, and no credit cards, whatsoever.

Would suck if our landlords foreclosed, with us here. I happen to know that MY landlord has taken out at least two loans(one was at least one million), for this apartment complex.
Maybe this is becoming common, and there will soon be a Renters' crisis??

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Good find. I happen to believe that when landlords require a credit check, income info, and references for applicants of a rental property they should be required by law to provide the same information about themselves to the prospective renter...to prove that they are worthy of having tenants and aren't in the midst of bankruptcy or foreclosure.

new topics

join