Was Iceland Punished

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Was Iceland forced to fail because it wanted to be self sufficient energy wise ?

Have a look at this link.

abcnews.go.com...

Was Iceland crippled so that others could move in and prevent some of these technologies catching on.

Geo-thermal energy is viable in most countries (From what i understand) which could be a threat to the "OIL" industries if allowed to spread ?

It may be nothing but i just kinda find it Ironic..........Anyone else ?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Well let's see what happens to their patents, all will be revealed......

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Nice find

Your premise as Iceland being punished makes sense.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by newguyhere2

Thank you,

Its sad that a country with such a bright future that could almost be like a stepping stone into the Venus Project out of Zeitgeist addendum, should take this hit.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Hmmm. You may be on to something Ken10. Iceland seems to have been used both before and after the crash.

ColoradoJens

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Yeah, but what were they doing banking wise? That's got to come out in the wash. A lot of Brits are being punished at the moment for banking with Iceland. Our local authorities have £1 billion in their banks.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Nice one, and yes, a bankrupt country cannot budget the wish of total energy-selfsufficientness. So they are pretty much down the drain and the hounds are ravaging the economic kadaver as we speak. Luckily the country has all it's energy from geothermic sources (at least i think so) and the people are pretty much self-sufficient so they will survive. But they got screwed over nonetheless. Good topic.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

I think from what I've read here at ats in the 1920s depression of USA, Some say the big banks caused it by not loaning to other banks.

Maybe the Icelandic bank was choked in a similar way ?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
its just nice to see that their people are actually coming together and realize a problem and are workin together to fix it.

something america will probobly never be able to do...
at least on our own.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

I'm very sketchy on this, but our governments have bailed out the banks. Thing is (I assume you are US), we have massive populations in tens or hundreds of millions and that government debt is well spread. I think Iceland has 1/4 million people and the level of debt is too much for them. They got burn't sure, but I don't think they are necessarily a target, rather likely highly unlucky in their bankers decisions.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Iceland was punished all right - punished for the stupidity of their own leaders in getting in way over their head in the largest financial bubble of recent times. Rather than attempting to secure their future with the wonderful natural resource of nearly unlimited clean energy, they decided to go for the quick and easy profit and make a deal to pollute their land with aluminum smelters.

The same sort of thinking that kept them from caring for their land in exchange for a quick cash return led them to risk their financial future in exchange for the promise of a quick and unearned profit.

Greed did indeed have much to do with the crisis they find themselves in now, but I think the blame can be laid squarely on their own shoulders - or at least the shoulders of a few of their leaders who, in their arrogance, thought they could beat the system and make a killing.

It's the same game played by way too many Wall Street types here in the states. I hope we can weather the storm they seem to have caused better than the unfortunate citizens of Iceland.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by total_slacker

Probably they got punished for being greedy too, but it is more interesting to speculate that they were punished because they wanted to break away from oil dependence.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

Geo-thermal energy is viable in most countries (From what i understand) which could be a threat to the "OIL" industries if allowed to spread ?

It may be nothing but i just kinda find it Ironic..........Anyone else ?

Geothermal energy is theoretically available pretty much anywhere, but Iceland has a natural advantage in that they have lots of it fairly close to the surface, which makes it much cheaper to exploit. There aren't very many places where that is the case. I'm guessing Indonesia might be one, but they have never really had the start-up capital to undertake such a venture.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Perhaps this is deeper than it appears.......

According to this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Iceland is home to shards of the illuminati (as per Maban). Maban claims they protect us from the nwo, nsa etc etc. Keeping them from dominating the world.

Perhaps this was part of a secret war.....

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Wow, thanks for showing me that thread.......How weird is that, It seems every occurrence has a sinister undertone to it.

It really does make you question your reality.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
No, Iceland collapsed first because its so small.
The smaller nations involved in the securities trade will always fall first.

new topics
top topics

join