It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Newsmedia goes after Joe the Plumber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
In the next 8 hours you will learn more about "Joe the Plumber", from the newsmedia, than what we have learned from the newsmedia about Barack Obama.

In the matter of hours,

*the Daily Kos has published Joe's address and phone number

*MSNBC has inserted in a news article about taxes, that Joe the plumber doesn't have a plumbing license.

*AP has also reported that Joe the plumber doesn't have a license.

* CBS is reporting that Joe owes back taxes.

cbs13.com...

Welcome to Obama's 1984.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Is it possible that 'Joe the plumber' was what we would call in Britain, a Republican plant? Maybe not in the party, but nuts enough to do it. We had a really good one in the 1997 election when someone 'random' went up to John Major and get him really 'reassure' us that he would keep us safe from Europe. John Major manage to change this 'skeptical man' in 30 seconds, just the size of a telebyte, it didn't help Major, but it goes on all over the shop.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
He doesn't have a plumbers license?

What a fraud.

"Joe the Plumber" was mentioned so many times in the last debate, what a farce.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Where was this type of MSM coverage on "Bill the Terrorist"? I'm talking about Bill Ayers. Why didn't they dig deeper into Bill Ayers background like they are doin Joe the Plumber?

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Ol' Joe the plumber is nothing more than a rat doing jackleg work for a company that apparently doesn't have a licensed plumber either. As reported by local news this afternoon.

Where I'm at, you need a plumbing license and plenty of insurance to advertise yourself as a plumber. Otherwise, your just ratting out work, of who knows how good of safety or quality, and making yourself a large target of licensed plumbers willing to sign complaints and a court system willing to impose fines for work like this.

I have zero tolerance for unskilled or unlicensed workers performing a skilled trade or craft for journeyman wages.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Where was this type of MSM coverage on "Bill the Terrorist"? I'm talking about Bill Ayers. Why didn't they dig deeper into Bill Ayers background like they are doin Joe the Plumber?

There have been any number of reports about this Ayers guy. McCain's ads in Kansas and Missouri are letting you know everything you want to know about him and trying to tie Obama in with him.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I swear the media and this thread belongs in that movie "Idoiocracy" (sp?)
...seriously, rent it.
Who cares about Joe the Plumber? The whole point is that he "represents" Joe small business owner American. It is unfortunate that McCain decided to use a real person for this. Just like the stupid game they played with the wrist braclets they said they got from "sob story someone 1 and 2) It is just like the mindless sharks in the media to milk a story for all its worth. But please if you have an average IQ don't make more of this than it is......a plumber's license? Who cares?
We are watching to many of these damn "reality" soap operas on tv.
....But all is not wasted, because how many of you would come away unscathed if the media swooped down on you? I bet you would rather your skeletons stayed in your closet. Leave Joe alone.
.....by the way, this also answers another question for some of you that ask this. "out of all the American's we have, these (fill in the blank) are the best we could come up with" THAT IS BECAUSE the best minds don't want to get grilled by the media. Obama probably had his plan for the White House since he went into college, and the media can still find something to get him on. Do you wonder why McCain says, "what do we know about this man"? what he is saying is...."Damn, people, he hasn't been out here long enough to get some real good sticky dirt on him and he has planned for a this....he doesn't vote on controversial things...he doesn't ruffle feathers....you can't exist in politics and not have something we can tar and feather you with!" Disagree or not, but if you wanted your kid to run for President some day then you would tell them to live their life as if Fox news was following them around.......Joe should sue McCain for this violation of his personal life!

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
His name isn't even Joe, but to me the way he asked the question and it was pretty much a speculative, I'm thinking of buying the business I am in, a completely theoretical question, where if he were really serious he would already be saavy enough to not actually wait for Obama to explain the plan on the spot but have possibly did this for himself.

He claims the business will cost him around 250,000, did he actually say he makes 250k now doing his job as and independent? and did someone help him out ahead of time how taxes actually work when you are in a business and how to write off expenses, and use all loopholes, actually in that capacity of small business you usually have a damn good accountant to make sure you pay the least amount of the base tax though, a lot more available loopholes than an individual....most people don't know these things and fall for the surface sell of the Joe the plumber fable, how stupid.... I mean set up the company and your payroll, separately keep all receipts, pay yourself a salary (not like how he makes it sound 250,000) and then your employees and the rest in the company account.... I could see a theoretical of him paying himself a modest salary of 70k and two other employees about 40k each...150k in salary split between 3 employees who would be eligible for individual tax breaks based on how they spend their money and how many dependents they have ....with around 100k left for the business , basic employee insurance and other expenses, this should be easy enough to write off and keep a good percentage of and invest some in some sort of tax exempt funds or something.

If he has a good business he can grow it and make more money and find more ways to keep his accountant busy to circumvent legally many of the base taxes people are complaining about.

anyhow I just don't buy his story completely because I know some blue collar area plumbers, and they do not make 250k as a norm, in business for themselves or as an independent like this guy.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
...the joke in law school is that a plumber makes the same money and can't get sued for malpractice if you don't like the job he does.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Did you happen to see this "Joe the plumber" moment?

Final Debate: McCain's Deer In The Headlights Moment

McCain mentioned "Joe the Plumber" almost constantly throughout the final debate -- even tying him into an attack on Obama's health care plan. But the move led to a "deer in the headlights" moment for the Republican.

"Joe, Senator Obama's plan ... If you are out there, my friend, and you have got employees and you have got kids, if you don't get a health care plan that Sen. Obama mandates, he is going to fine you," McCain said.

"I'm happy to talk to you, Joe, too, if you're out there," Obama responded. "Here is your fine: Zero."

McCain interrupted, asking "Zero?" He stayed frozen in the same position, blinking his eyes in confusion, as Obama continued his answer.

"Zero," Obama said. "You won't pay a fine

You gotta love the "Deer in the Headlights" look McCain gives here!

Obama Talks to Joe

McCain writes note to self,
Gotta pay more attention to what his policies are!
Fire health care advisor!

[edit on 10/16/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Thanks for posting, I did not see this part of the debate I listened in my car on the way home from work, WOW he was dumbfounded, and then Obama proceeded to dissect McCain's own plan and rip it apart, yeah someone in the McCain camp got a butt chewing, I heard McCain talking about that so called fine in a lot of his campaign rally speeches too.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think Joe represents many americans not because he is a small business owner wannabe, but because the republicans have convinced him to vote against his own best interests!

Joe is not a licensed plumber.
Joe make 40k a year.
Joe OWES back taxes.
The business Joe dreams about buying only generates 100k in income (still eligible for Obama tax break)!!

Yet Joe is soooooooooooooooooooo angry about Obamas tax policies he can barely contain himself! lol

By the way Joe's boss is not licensed either and that is against the law in the county where the business operates! So Joe has exposed his companies lawbreaking on the national stage. Joe may be an unemployed plumber soon!

My point is there are so many middle to lower middle class americans who think they are Warren Buffet or ...oh wait bad example...richest man in the country Warren Buffet supports Obama...well you know who I mean!! All the dopes who keep voting for tax breaks for mega corporations who could give a rats ass about them. They are legends in their own minds.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Who cares about "Joe the Plumber" and his background.

The real issue is that Obama said he wants to redistribute wealth and he said that in the face of an obviously middle-class guy.

If "Joe" was a plant, how did the republicans know exactly when and how to plant him. I could have sworn that Obama went to "Joe's" house and not the other way around. Did the republicans plant Obama's obvious redistribution of wealth statement also?

I swear pretty soon the Obama statement will be twisted as some republican video editing scheme and not really what happened.

So as I said...

The real issue isn't Joe or his background.

The real issue is that OBAMA SAID HE WANTS TO REDISTRIBUTE WEALTH.

And because redistributing wealth is generally unpopular with Americans, the media and all the Obama lovers want to attack Joe to distract from Obama's gaffe.

new topics

top topics

join